PDA

View Full Version : Three Questions for Crucifax Autumn

SanJoaquinSooner
1/25/2010, 12:52 AM
1. Have you ever asked your parents if you were conceived under the influence of LSD?

2. Are you a former graphic novelist?

3. How do you rate the German film, The Lives of Others?

Crucifax Autumn
1/25/2010, 01:01 AM
1. No, they only liked the weed.
2. No, but I am a published writer of short stories and poetry
3. I have yet to see it, though it is on my list of great films I still need to watch, As I very much enjoyed the cinemetography of Der Templar (The Crusader) Donnersmarck's previous movie as I understand that this one is superior in story and characterization.

Why do you ask these seemingly random questions?

JLEW1818
1/25/2010, 01:11 AM
wtf?

SicEmBaylor
1/25/2010, 01:21 AM
1. The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

Fixed.

Crucifax Autumn
1/25/2010, 01:25 AM
Dr. Evil I'm not, though I do hope to one day rule the world.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/25/2010, 09:16 AM
I have yet to see [The Lives of Others], though it is on my list of great films I still need to watch, As I very much enjoyed the cinemetography of Der Templar (The Crusader) Donnersmarck's previous movie as I understand that this one is superior in story and characterization.

From one of William F. Buckley's last columns:

You must have the narrative of what happened one day last week.

I was at work, with an assistant, on a long project, a book about the Goldwater campaign and the events leading up to it. At noon I had an e-mail from my oldest friend, a historian-belletrist, a knighted Englishman, whose message was that I must interrupt whatever I was wasting time on in order to catch a particular movie.

The title he gave me was The Lives of Others. My companion hadn’t heard of it either. Still, so urgent was my friend’s recommendation that we instructed Google to advise us where, within reasonable reach, we could find it.

We were given one theater 15 miles east of my study, at an odd hour of the evening. But west about the same distance was a matinee at 4:15. So we threw duty to the winds and arrived at the theater in Mamaroneck, New York, which like most modern theaters husbands five different movies, requiring you to specify which it is you are there to see.

We were ushered into a dark chamber entirely empty. The ticket seller told us that if we had arrived two minutes later, the theater would have been shut. “If there’s no one here, we don’t show the film.”

Two hours and twenty minutes later we came away. The house was still empty. I turned to my companion and said, “I think that is the best movie I ever saw.”

Sooner24
1/25/2010, 09:17 AM

You're sure not going to get there wasting countless hours on Soonerfans.

picasso
1/25/2010, 09:27 AM
I've got that movie and have yet to watch it.

1890MilesToNorman
1/25/2010, 09:30 AM

I've been worried about you mini me! I thought you fell in the lava tube. :eek:

Crucifax Autumn
1/25/2010, 10:04 AM
From one of William F. Buckley's last columns:

Your point??? Other than that if I enjoy it it will be one of the few things I have in common with Buckley?

Collier11
1/25/2010, 03:11 PM
Let me help SJS, Crux, he really really really would like to know if you would go to the Valentines dance with him???

SanJoaquinSooner
1/25/2010, 04:22 PM
Your point??? Other than that if I enjoy it it will be one of the few things I have in common with Buckley?

No point. He simply made a good story about seeing The Lives of Others.

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2010, 12:05 AM
And the other 2 completely pointless questions?

SanJoaquinSooner
1/26/2010, 12:25 AM
And the other 2 completely pointless questions?

Not pointless. I honestly wondered if someone who engraves sh*t with lasers started out by writing/illustrating graphic novels.

and the other, well, you were born in 1969. Enough said.

StoopTroup
1/26/2010, 12:50 AM
I think Juan's psychologist has either stolen his password...or is finally helping him resolve some issues.

Either way...it seems like a win win for us.

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2010, 12:51 AM
Not pointless. I honestly wondered if someone who engraves sh*t with lasers started out by writing/illustrating graphic novels.

How are those two things even remotely related? :confused:

SanJoaquinSooner
1/26/2010, 12:54 AM
You should really really see the movie.

StoopTroup
1/26/2010, 12:57 AM
y9uYEM2osYQ

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2010, 04:24 AM
Far out man!

homerSimpsonsBrain
1/26/2010, 09:55 AM
..Muhfugga said I'd be trippin. White boy dont know nuttin. I dont go nowhere without my luggage. Shee. Hey! Look! I can catch my hand...

sooneron
1/26/2010, 11:03 AM
Lives of Others is a flippin great movie.

TopDawg
1/26/2010, 11:44 AM
SJS = http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ksx9Mx-xS-A/SJ7Fg1GK_nI/AAAAAAAAAEM/tnf9YURW_pk/s320/Bridge+of+Death.jpg

?

StoopTroup
1/26/2010, 01:50 PM
Sometimes a green card just doesn't make a difference.
y2R3FvS4xr4

Crucifax Autumn
1/27/2010, 02:23 AM
Son... DO YOU SEE THIS? This is an Anger Prisoner. A textbook example. DO YOU SEE THE FEAR, PEOPLE? This boy is scared to death of the truth. Son, it breaks my heart to say this, but I believe you are a very troubled and confused young man. I believe you are searching for the answers in all the wrong places...

:D

TMcGee86
1/28/2010, 12:43 PM
Saw it last night. Loved it. The more I think about it today the more better it becomes.

Fantastic Movie.