1/24/2010, 10:27 PM
great job man!

BOOMER

spatton713
1/24/2010, 10:28 PM
thought an ou guy would win it, just for a different team

sooner59
1/24/2010, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I was going for the Vikings, but I don't feel too bad about it. Jammal Brown, Remi Ayodele, and Garrett Hartley are all going to the Super Bowl, and Hartley is a hero now. I hope AD can get to a Super Bowl someday, though.

SoonerMom2
1/24/2010, 10:31 PM
That was AWESOME! Loved how they said Garrett Hartley from OKLAHOMA! That kick was right down the center.

One thing about today -- a Sooner was going to the Super Bowl whoever won the Saints versus Vikings!

AlbqSooner
1/24/2010, 10:31 PM
Hartley is the Toast of Nawlins. Good thing he will have two weeks to recuperate.

yermom
1/24/2010, 10:35 PM
i was pulling for the Vikings, but it was cool for Hartley to make that kick

85sooners
1/24/2010, 10:38 PM
i was pulling for the Vikings, but it was cool for Hartley to make that kick

:cool:

tulsaoilerfan
1/24/2010, 10:42 PM
I hate the Saints and i'm sick of the Katrina thing; yes i'm sorry for those people that suffered thru it, but not everyone in America wants them to win and i'm tired of hearing it

freshchris05
1/24/2010, 10:42 PM
Hartley should be getting brushed up on his francais... Ménage à trois

Dio
1/24/2010, 10:51 PM
I hate the Saints and i'm sick of the Katrina thing; yes i'm sorry for those people that suffered thru it, but not everyone in America wants them to win and i'm tired of hearing it

That's ok- the Oilers suck too. ;)

OU_Sooners75
1/24/2010, 11:06 PM
Dont we have some Sooners on the Colts team as well?

SunnySooner
1/24/2010, 11:08 PM
Good for surfer dude, helluva kick.

tommieharris91
1/24/2010, 11:08 PM

Nope.

Sooner04
1/24/2010, 11:14 PM
Screw him. Where was that kick in Eugene?

OU_Sooners75
1/24/2010, 11:14 PM
Nope.

That sucks...thought we had some there. Oh well.

Glad to see our Sooners doing well in the NFL!

OU_Sooners75
1/24/2010, 11:15 PM

About 14+ yards longer and about 3 years younger.

Dont you have some sobbing basketball game recap to write about?

BigEasySooner
1/24/2010, 11:17 PM
I was in a house full of LSU fans, though were all Saints fans, when he nailed that.

As soon as I stopped going absolutely nuckin' futs I did point out to every single one of them that they were cheering for an Oklahoma Sooner.

:pop:

OU_Sooners75
1/24/2010, 11:18 PM
I was in a house full of LSU fans, though were all Saints fans, when he nailed that.

As soon as I stopped going absolutely nuckin' futs I did point out to every single one of them that they were cheering for an Oklahoma Sooner.

Well good for you. Here is your cookie:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PTGPOD/826309%7EChocolate-Chip-Cookie-on-White-Background-Posters.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
1/24/2010, 11:19 PM

He missed it intentionally so you would get the chance to be a dooshbag today.

delhalew
1/24/2010, 11:22 PM

nice.:/

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/24/2010, 11:24 PM
I have it from a good source that I can't disclose (i.e. JLew) that Peyton Manning played for OU under the guise of Josh Heupel

Sooner04
1/24/2010, 11:25 PM
About 14+ yards longer and about 3 years younger.

Dont you have some sobbing basketball game recap to write about?
The kick at Eugene was 44 yards. Kicked it low.

Nope. Didn't get to see last night's game. If you don't like them then don't read them.

OU_Sooners75
1/24/2010, 11:27 PM

Nope. Didn't get to see last night's game. If you don't like them then don't read them.

I dont read them. ;)

Just know when you do write one, it is all negative.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/24/2010, 11:28 PM
Do you kick your children when they suddenly spell a word right they misspelled a year ago too ;)

OU_Sooners75
1/24/2010, 11:29 PM
Do you kick your children when they suddenly spell a word right they misspelled a year ago too ;)

tommieharris91
1/24/2010, 11:36 PM

I seem to remember that kick getting blocked...

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/24/2010, 11:39 PM
Well that could imply the kick was low or Robert Wadlow was on their field goal block unit...he got Hartley there.

BoulderSooner79
1/24/2010, 11:54 PM
I'm bummed AD didn't get to the superbowl this year - hope it's not his last chance, cause you never know. But I couldn't root against Hartley on the kick and he put it right down the middle looked to be good for 55 yards.

I hated the 1st and 2nd down calls on the Vikes last series. 2 predictable runs with the Saints gambling in the box for 0 yards. I always feel when a couch starts playing for the FG when he's too far out it's a mistake. Then the substitution penalty killed them. Everyone will talk about the pick, but the lack of a positive play was going to end up in OT anyway. So it wasn't any worse than an incomplete or a very short gain. Maybe they would have gone for it on 4th with so little time left, but i doubt it.

sooner59
1/24/2010, 11:55 PM

No, but there is a guy from the state of Oklahoma on the Colts' team.

T.J. Rushing KR Hometown: Pauls Valley, OK

I played against him in high school. The dude is really talented, and he was a 4.0 student. Then he went to Stanford and set track records on top of playing football. And now he seems to have found a home in Indy returning kicks. He is #20 I believe.

Leroy Lizard
1/24/2010, 11:56 PM
He's a traitor. He doesn't count.

sooner59
1/24/2010, 11:59 PM
True LL, but you can't knock a guy for choosing to go to school at Stanford. He excelled there. Good for him.

That being said, I am going for the Saints since Manning won a Super Bowl in '06. I would love for 3 Sooners to have Super Bowl rings.

However, I feel reeeeeeaaaaaalllly dirty for it because Reggie Bush would get a ring as well. And that makes me want to puke.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/25/2010, 12:01 AM
No only true traitors go to texas, OsU, or Tennessee...

Sooner04
1/25/2010, 12:10 AM
I don't have any kids.

Salt City Sooner
1/25/2010, 12:11 AM
I seem to remember that kick getting blocked...
You remember correctly. It was the only FG he missed that year.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/25/2010, 12:14 AM
I don't have any kids.

Well thank God Patton...carry on

Sooner04
1/25/2010, 12:21 AM
You remember correctly. It was the only FG he missed that year.
I remember it coming out low. That's why it was blocked.

Anyhow, good for Garrett. A much better kick than the one he smothered/duck hooked against Tampa Bay a couple of weeks ago. I'm a Vikings fan, and I'm devastated. But I'll get over it.

If he has the same kick in the Super Bowl I hope he drills it just like the dagger he sent through my jugular tonight.

sooner59
1/25/2010, 01:11 AM
I feel ya 04, I want the Vikes to win bad. I only solace was a former Sooner doing the deed.

I keep having flashbacks of AD having a one-on-one with Hartley before the blocked kick at Oregon.

I don't always fault the kicker for blocked kicks though. The further you have to kick it, the lower you have to aim, so the slightest miscalculation or a weak block leaves the possibility of a blocked kick on the table.

I have little sympathy for kickers since they aren't on the field that much. However I can see the stress they are put through. It would be tough to only be used in situations where the game is on the line (for the most part).

OU_Sooners75
1/25/2010, 02:03 AM
Laces OUT!!!!

tm9Onr4wIjY

Collier11
1/25/2010, 02:09 AM
I remember it coming out low. That's why it was blocked.

Anyhow, good for Garrett. A much better kick than the one he smothered/duck hooked against Tampa Bay a couple of weeks ago. I'm a Vikings fan, and I'm devastated. But I'll get over it.

If he has the same kick in the Super Bowl I hope he drills it just like the dagger he sent through my jugular tonight.

they had a guy come through completely unblocked off the edge but It was still a little low as well

watch at 3:20ish for the slow-mo replay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQKdkd-EuHU

SoonerJack
1/25/2010, 09:09 AM
Did anyone else get sick of hearing Jack Buck constantly ragging on AD and ball handling...when it was Percy Harvin's fumble that was far more damaging?

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/25/2010, 09:15 AM
Typical SEC, they even fumble better than us :(

JLEW1818
1/25/2010, 09:17 AM
dem bastards

badger
1/25/2010, 09:43 AM
I was very happy for Garrett. I was hoping he'd have the chance to right that wrong leading to the Tampa Bay loss.

Sooo... I assume whoever in the NFL that came up with the bad idea to have the Pro Bowl the week before the Super Bowl wrote in a clause that says that Super Bowl participants are automatically assumed to be out?

Sooner04
1/25/2010, 09:43 AM
Did anyone else get sick of hearing Jack Buck constantly ragging on AD and ball handling...when it was Percy Harvin's fumble that was far more damaging?
It's been an issue all year with Peterson though. Hell, if Peterson doesn't fumble in OT a couple of weeks ago in Chicago there's a really good chance last night's game would've been played in Minneapolis.

SteelClip49
1/25/2010, 09:46 AM
New Orleans= trash.....proof? 2004 Sugar Bowl experience. Who cares if a former Sooner plays for them. That doesn't do a thing for me.

Sidenote....what's really annoying is seeing purple jersies at an OU football game. That is just as dumb as as holding up 4 fingers. Wear Crimson and Cream.

GO COLTS!!!!!

Bourbon St Sooner
1/25/2010, 09:54 AM
Don't forget Remi Ayodele was seemingly the only Saint that didn't mind just falling on a loose ball instead of trying to pick it up. That set up the last TD.

Our offense looked like *** in the 2nd half and our defense gave up a ton of yards so everybody is going to pick the Colts. But we're going to find a way to win. WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!

boomermagic
1/25/2010, 10:18 AM
He missed it intentionally so you would get the chance to be a dooshbag today.

Yeah and it worked...:O

RedstickSooner
1/25/2010, 12:18 PM
Seeing Hartley clinch the Superdupersplendiferousbowl was awesome -- and I must be honest here: I really hadn't pegged him for the NFL. Since kickers seem to have, like, 70 year careers in the league, I always figured if a college kicker was gonna make the jump, they'd be more jaw-dropping awesome in college. I'm not trying to knock Hartley, as he was a great kicker. He just wasn't, y'know, hitting 70 yarders with his eyes closed running backwards.

So, as solid a kicker as he was for us, I just don't recall watching him and going, "That boy will be kicking on Sundays someday. And I don't just mean because he'll work Monday-through-Friday like the rest of us."

On top of everything when he got suspended early this season, I was certain that was curtains for Hartley. I mean, can't kick a 70 yarder backwards in the rain while blindfolded *and* he can't keep his nose clean?

So, I'm happy to be absolutely wrong here. Good for him. Hope he enjoyed the hell out of himself, and wore multiple condoms. STD rates are astronomical 'round here.

TUSooner
1/25/2010, 12:30 PM

Belive it or not, I understand that viewpoint. I live in New Orleans and even I sometimes get tired of hearing about Katrina from the national press etc., as if that's the only thing that ever happened here.

But forget Katrina and all of that "comeback story" stuff. Even without that, the Saints themselves have been the great mockery of the NFL for most of 40 years. They lost in old familiar ways and they created new and nearly impossible ways to snatch defeat from victory. I saw many of them. They caused ulcers, heart-attacks, depression, and vomiting. Now we Saint fans who have suffered all those agonies are finally able to say what was once a sick joke or simply unbelievable: "The Saints are going to the Super Bowl." And this morning everybody is still laughing when they say it.

As soon as Hartley made the game-winning kick, the party started. I stuck my head out the door and heard firecrackers and whoops and hollers and cheers and car horns from all around the neighborhood. We went to downtown and to the French Quarter to be with the crowd. On all the streets it was horns honking, people hanging out of sun-roofs and car windows and people just standing by the street waving and shouting. It was contagious. It was irresistible. It was awesome. But I didn't get to bed til almost 2AM, so I am pretty gassed here at work.

I don't care who you are for in any football game. Heck, against anybody else I would have been for Favre AND AD and the Vikes. And Manning will probably pull down the pants of the Saint's defense and paint smiley faces on their butts. But it was still awesome to be here last night.

TUSooner
1/25/2010, 12:35 PM

psst... Jack's passed away; you must mean Joe, Jack. ;)

Sooner04
1/25/2010, 12:39 PM
True story: I've got loads and loads of family who live in Shreveport. I talked to my great-grandfather in Thanksgiving of 2006 and asked him about his beloved Saints. They were rolling that season, and eventually made it all the way to the NFC Championship Game where they lost to the Bears. It went like then.

04: Yo, how bout them Saints?

Great-Grandfather: I don't know what to do.

04: What do you mean?

Great-Grandfather: I can only relate to the Aints. I don't know how to deal with the success. It's like I don't even know who those guys are anymore.

I can't imagine what he's doing today. All those coon-assed cousins of mine down there have got to be going ape.

MamaMia
1/25/2010, 01:15 PM
I despise LSU from their college campus full of rude, dirty, nasty, mentally challenged human wannabes all the way to their pro team, but I'm very happy for Garrett.

Soonermagik
1/25/2010, 01:48 PM
AD has to learn how to run with 2 hands in traffic. He's one of the best in the game, but he's just so reckless that it can doom his team.

Either way, I'm stoked that Hartley was the hero.

Collier11
1/25/2010, 03:06 PM
The only fumble of ADs that hurt them was the one right before half time and that could be argued that it was Favres fault as well, they picked up 1st downs after his other two fumbles

Collier11
1/25/2010, 03:07 PM
Seeing Hartley clinch the Superdupersplendiferousbowl was awesome

The great thing about that kick is that it was easily good from 60 yards, if not farther

JLEW1818
1/25/2010, 03:11 PM
the ball still looked like it was going up when it hit the net.. lol

Collier11
1/25/2010, 03:30 PM
He hit it into the stands behind the goal post, wow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLGth4AJv1E

TUSooner
1/25/2010, 03:39 PM
I despise LSU from their college campus full of rude, dirty, nasty, mentally challenged human wannabes all the way to their pro team, but I'm very happy for Garrett.

I separate the LSU fans, whom I utterly despise, from the Saints fans, of whom I am one. :D Although the groups overlap some, Saints fans are, as a rule, much nicer and classier than LSU fans because they have been in love with the Great Losers of the Age for all their lives and have thus learned to be humble and grateful. By contrast, 94.6% of LSU fans are wormy pieces of fecal material, acting arrogantly because they imagine LSU has some storied history of greatness, despite decades' worth of evidence to the contrary. Plus, LSU fans are largely rednecks (in the worst sense) while Saints fans are more etnically and culturally diverse (in the best sense).

BoulderSooner79
1/25/2010, 04:20 PM
The only fumble of ADs that hurt them was the one right before half time and that could be argued that it was Favres fault as well, they picked up 1st downs after his other two fumbles

I thought that too until they showed it in slow motion. AD put his forearm down too early and it impacted the ball before Favre could get it in AD's gut. It may have cost the Vikes 7 and almost certainly at least 3. As you point out, the other 2 fumbles didn't even stall the drives. The Harvin TO was devastating because it came so late.

But even with all the fumbles, the coach going conservative on the last series when the FG attempt was still at 50 yards is what bugged me. I don't know if it is football karma, but most the time I see a coach do this before the FG attempt is a chip shot seems to backfire. Usually, it come from a reliable kicker missing or getting it blocked. In this case, it was a substitution penalty pushing it out to 55 yards and forcing a critical play on 3rd down (the pick). They should have tried to get 15-20 more yards with aggressive play calling on 1st and 2nd down and the football gods would have been okay with it.

TUSooner
1/25/2010, 04:42 PM
I thought that too until they showed it in slow motion. AD put his forearm down too early and it impacted the ball before Favre could get it in AD's gut. It may have cost the Vikes 7 and almost certainly at least 3. As you point out, the other 2 fumbles didn't even stall the drives. The Harvin TO was devastating because it came so late.

But even with all the fumbles, the coach going conservative on the last series when the FG attempt was still at 50 yards is what bugged me. I don't know if it is football karma, but most the time I see a coach do this before the FG attempt is a chip shot seems to backfire. Usually, it come from a reliable kicker missing or getting it blocked. In this case, it was a substitution penalty pushing it out to 55 yards and forcing a critical play on 3rd down (the pick). They should have tried to get 15-20 more yards with aggressive play calling on 1st and 2nd down and the football gods would have been okay with it.

The Vikings certainly appeared to outplay the Saints in may repects, and if the Saints had lost, Saints fans would be vigorously distributing blame (in between sobs). I'm just here to say, very selfishly, how much better it is to have Viking fans second-guessing and explaining how they lost than it would have been for Saints fans to be doing the same sort of post-mortem on a Saints loss. :D I have done enough Saint autopsies to know this.
Carry on!

RedstickSooner
1/25/2010, 05:48 PM

Seriously, huge difference in fan bases. Honest.

To equate New Orleans with the rest of the state of Louisiana is to do that city a great disservice. Baton Rouge, like Shreveport (both hotbeds of LSU support) is a backward, culturally desolate wasteland in comparison, choking under a thick layer of fundamentalism and apathy. New Orleans, OTOH, is a world city. She is the planet's great, gaudy painted whore, and she has long endured a largely adversarial relationship with the rest of the state.

Sure, there is some overlap in fanbase (especially amongst the fair weather fans of both teams), but to paint LSU and the Saints with the same brush is desperately unfair to New Orleans.

Now, don't get me wrong: These people know *nothing* of victory or success. And like most perennial losers, they're bound to be unbearable 'til they lose (and even after, for a while), but damn them for their own follies. Not those of their more insular distant cousins.

Oh, and as to Baton Rouge, they're *trying* to import a touch of culture here and there. So maybe I shouldn't insult the place I live quite so thoroughly... But I couldn't resist.

I know OU fans got a raw deal when they came to the Sugar Bowl down here, and I'd hate that raw deal to spill over onto the Saints. I mean, it's bad enough those drunken fair-weather louts y'all encountered are now used as representative samples of LSU fans... I'd definitely hate to see them also held up as examples of Saints fans :)

TUSooner
1/25/2010, 07:39 PM
Seriously, huge difference in fan bases. Honest.

To equate New Orleans with the rest of the state of Louisiana is to do that city a great disservice. Baton Rouge, like Shreveport (both hotbeds of LSU support) is a backward, culturally desolate wasteland in comparison, choking under a thick layer of fundamentalism and apathy. New Orleans, OTOH, is a world city. She is the planet's great, gaudy painted whore, and she has long endured a largely adversarial relationship with the rest of the state.

Sure, there is some overlap in fanbase (especially amongst the fair weather fans of both teams), but to paint LSU and the Saints with the same brush is desperately unfair to New Orleans.

Now, don't get me wrong: These people know *nothing* of victory or success. And like most perennial losers, they're bound to be unbearable 'til they lose (and even after, for a while), but damn them for their own follies. Not those of their more insular distant cousins.

Oh, and as to Baton Rouge, they're *trying* to import a touch of culture here and there. So maybe I shouldn't insult the place I live quite so thoroughly... But I couldn't resist.

I know OU fans got a raw deal when they came to the Sugar Bowl down here, and I'd hate that raw deal to spill over onto the Saints. I mean, it's bad enough those drunken fair-weather louts y'all encountered are now used as representative samples of LSU fans... I'd definitely hate to see them also held up as examples of Saints fans :)

HEAR HIM!

OKC-SLC
1/25/2010, 08:16 PM
Well that could imply the kick was low or Robert Wadlow was on their field goal block unit...he got Hartley there.

Guinness Book of World Records spek

Salt City Sooner
1/25/2010, 08:21 PM
http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20100125/134558.gif

JLEW1818
1/25/2010, 08:25 PM
lol that dude is funny

Leroy Lizard
1/25/2010, 08:55 PM
You should always face the nose away from the kicker.