MR2-Sooner86
1/24/2010, 01:30 AM
**** that ****.

delhalew
1/24/2010, 01:54 AM
Conan the surfing rastafarian...wtf?

Crucifax Autumn
1/24/2010, 02:59 AM
You should compare to the other weenies that were in the running. Some Twilight retard and Jared Padalecki from Supernatural.

LosAngelesSooner
1/24/2010, 05:01 AM
Actually the front runner was the blonde ****** from 90210, but then this guy's agent swept in and got him the job.

My friend Manu Bennett was also in the running and my other friend Nick Tarabay is in the running for one of the main villain parts.

To be fair, this guy is pretty freakin' huge. He's like 6'5" and pretty beefy. That's an old photo. He was on Stargate Atlantis as a series regular.

Crucifax Autumn
1/24/2010, 05:15 AM
If that's true why did the director say it was down to 3...This guy and the 2 I named? It's been down to those 3 for about a week no until they made the announcement.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/24/2010, 07:44 AM
This is bull****, Conan O'Brien is free and makes the most sense..if not him...the Rock

Fraggle145
1/24/2010, 12:43 PM
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1359/jasonmomoa.jpg

vs.

http://www.surfermag.com/features/onlineexclusives/conan-the-barbarian.jpg

Not even ****ing close.

LosAngelesSooner
1/24/2010, 02:47 PM
If that's true why did the director say it was down to 3...This guy and the 2 I named? It's been down to those 3 for about a week no until they made the announcement.
Well, a director can have his favorites all he wants and he certainly has some influence, but the producers ultimately are the ones who make the decision. And they wanted the guy I said and were pushing HARD for him. They actually said, in a meeting, that they wanted to "learn from the Twilight paradigm" which made me ****ing GAG and want to punch them all in the faces. Yeah...they wanted to have a slightly more "sensitive" and "approachable" Conan who would appeal to teenage girls. I tried to explain to them that Conan doesn't "appeal to teenage girls," he slaps them across the face and then drags them by the hair into a hut and ****s them then makes them cook him sausage. But they are typical Biz types, not artists, so they just don't get it.

Also the script for this movie is not particularly good, especially when compared with the original Conan: The Barbarian script which was penned by Oliver Stone (who was, at that time, the best screenwriter in Hollywood).

And for the record, no, I didn't write this script.

vs.

http://www.surfermag.com/features/onlineexclusives/conan-the-barbarian.jpg

Not even ****ing close.I'm not disagreeing with you, but that's also not exactly a fair comparison. You're comparing arguably the greatest body builder of all time at the peak of his training to an actor who is trying to live life.

Nobody is ever gonna be Arnold again. And if you do find some lughead who is that big, he won't be as "good of an actor" as Arnold. (did I just say thata?!!?) :D

LosAngelesSooner
1/24/2010, 02:58 PM
http://l.yimg.com/l/tv/us/img/site/91/30/0000039130_20070413145208.jpg

http://www.shivika.net/img/ronan-fightwallpaper.png

This is a bit more accurate.

Give the guy a trainer, a ****load of protein powder and supplements and 6 weeks to prepare and he'll look much closer to the part.

Is he PERFECT casting? No. But he certainly is better than 95% of what's out there.

I still think my friend, Manu, would have been better for it.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjExMzQ3ODAyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTY4MzI4._V1._ SX480_SY385_.jpg
http://www.pizquita.org/coppermine/albums/imagen2/normal_Spartacus_1.00_31122009_www.pizquita.com_00 12.jpg

http://www.dasiruz.com/Dasi_condemned_3.jpg

Still, he may play a villain in the movie and he just booked the lead role in Sinbad.

Crucifax Autumn
1/24/2010, 10:37 PM
Is this movie gonna have actual dialogue for Conan? If so is it cheesy as all hell?

Also...Is it true that this time it's actually based on Robert E. Howard's Conan as opposed to the first movie that actually took more from the Marvel comic series than the novels and stories?

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2010, 12:19 AM
Yes. Yes and yes.

Crucifax Autumn
1/25/2010, 12:25 AM
That was easy! lol

I wish they'd do this story without all the cheese. I know it's based on old pulp fiction, but there has to be a way to do it right.

There's already talk of taking another shot at Planet of the Apes since Tim Burton fockered that one up so bad. MAybe they should already be discussing a third shot at getting Conan right.

picasso
1/25/2010, 12:31 AM
They should let Frank Frazetta cast him.

Crucifax Autumn
1/25/2010, 12:53 AM
That would be interesting...Not even Arny matched the muscle of Frazetta's paintings.

Fraggle145
1/25/2010, 02:06 AM
http://l.yimg.com/l/tv/us/img/site/91/30/0000039130_20070413145208.jpg

http://www.shivika.net/img/ronan-fightwallpaper.png

This is a bit more accurate.

Give the guy a trainer, a ****load of protein powder and supplements and 6 weeks to prepare and he'll look much closer to the part.

Is he PERFECT casting? No. But he certainly is better than 95% of what's out there..

He looks like a damn klingon!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-2xDQVPTt-w/SpM_U6CFWII/AAAAAAAAAV8/E97XMuQxLUY/s320/Klingon.jpg

and a bitch klingon at that. Color me not impressed.

I still think my friend, Manu, would have been better for it.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjExMzQ3ODAyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTY4MzI4._V1._ SX480_SY385_.jpg
http://www.pizquita.org/coppermine/albums/imagen2/normal_Spartacus_1.00_31122009_www.pizquita.com_00 12.jpg

http://www.dasiruz.com/Dasi_condemned_3.jpg

Still, he may play a villain in the movie and he just booked the lead role in Sinbad.

He at least seems to have the build for it... They better not **** up the Sinbad movie. :mad:

Fraggle145
1/25/2010, 02:07 AM
I'm not disagreeing with you, but that's also not exactly a fair comparison. You're comparing arguably the greatest body builder of all time at the peak of his training to an actor who is trying to live life.

Nobody is ever gonna be Arnold again. And if you do find some lughead who is that big, he won't be as "good of an actor" as Arnold. (did I just say thata?!!?) :D

Dont they still have body builders? Hell even "the Rock" woulda been better.

Crucifax Autumn
1/25/2010, 02:08 AM
It's been a long time since I read any Conan novels, but wasn't he from the Northern Barbarian hordes or something like that? Shouldn't he be pale skinned?

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2010, 03:34 AM
That was easy! lol

I wish they'd do this story without all the cheese. I know it's based on old pulp fiction, but there has to be a way to do it right.

There's already talk of taking another shot at Planet of the Apes since Tim Burton fockered that one up so bad. MAybe they should already be discussing a third shot at getting Conan right.Wanna hear something else that'll blow your cheese-factor through the roof?

They're gonna remake Kull the Conquerer.

:D

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2010, 03:37 AM
Dont they still have body builders? Hell even "the Rock" woulda been better.No. This guy is a better actor than The Rock. Sorry.

As for bodybuilders, yes...they still have them. And they still build their bodies.

Meanwhile actors tend to get the "acting jobs." ;)

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2010, 03:37 AM
It's been a long time since I read any Conan novels, but wasn't he from the Northern Barbarian hordes or something like that? Shouldn't he be pale skinned?Yes/kinda.

Maybe he should? Maybe not? Does that REALLY matter in the grand scheme of things?

Crucifax Autumn
1/25/2010, 04:05 AM
Not really...I'm just being a difficult dick! lol

Collier11
1/25/2010, 04:47 AM
I wish they'd do this story without all the cheese.

Bullshat and Cheese?

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/25/2010, 07:02 AM
Personally, some should run this idea by them. Picture this. A small paleolithic family is raided by a northern horde led by Jeremy Irons. They murder all the men, women, and children. What they don't realize is that Megan Fox and Eva Mendes were down at the creek bed cleaning some VERY small loin clothes. They return to find their small families, destroyed. Hell hath no fury like to Barbarians scorned. The rest of the film is dedicated to them screwing and fighting to Jeremy Irons!!!

picasso
1/25/2010, 09:08 AM
That would be interesting...Not even Arny matched the muscle of Frazetta's paintings.

Frazetta was an influence in the first Conan flicks.

Crucifax Autumn
1/25/2010, 10:07 AM
I'm aware of that, as Frazetta had been painting Conan art long before the first movie. However, much of that art truly was beefier than any actual human.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/25/2010, 10:16 AM
If it isn't gonna cast one of the living cast members from golden girls, consider me out

Crucifax Autumn
1/25/2010, 10:19 AM
If they cast one of the dead ones I'm SO there!

TheHumanAlphabet
1/25/2010, 10:39 AM
Is this movie gonna have actual dialogue for Conan? If so is it cheesy as all hell?

Also...Is it true that this time it's actually based on Robert E. Howard's Conan as opposed to the first movie that actually took more from the Marvel comic series than the novels and stories?

Will it have a bad Austrian / Germanic accent or will the guy speak Canadian???

hellogoodbye
1/25/2010, 10:50 AM
Ahh, so my hope of redemption for the DeLaurentiis abominations remains unfufilled, it appears...

Crom has no need of this

Fraggle145
1/25/2010, 12:42 PM
No. This guy is a better actor than The Rock. Sorry.

As for bodybuilders, yes...they still have them. And they still build their bodies.

Meanwhile actors tend to get the "acting jobs." ;)

Sorta like Arnold did? He was a body builder turned actor right when he started right? Not an actor.

I wasnt saying the Rock was a better actor, I was saying he more looks the part just as far as body size goes. I have no ****ing clue what makes anyone a better actor than anyone else. Most of today's actors seem like suck.

This guy looks like suck. Doesnt look the part of Conan. He looks more like he's a villain or belongs on The Enterprise.

soonerinkaty
1/25/2010, 12:56 PM
Why didnt Jared Padalecki get the part? He is a beast and a good actor.

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2010, 01:08 PM
Will it have a bad Austrian / Germanic accent or will the guy speak Canadian???Probably neither since he was born in Hawaii and raised in Iowa. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2010, 01:11 PM
Sorta like Arnold did? He was a body builder turned actor right when he started right? Not an actor.

I wasnt saying the Rock was a better actor, I was saying he more looks the part just as far as body size goes. I have no ****ing clue what makes anyone a better actor than anyone else. Most of today's actors seem like suck.

This guy looks like suck. Doesnt look the part of Conan. He looks more like he's a villain or belongs on The Enterprise.
And Arnie, much as I love the guy, was a CRAPPY actor. LOL

This guy is a solid actor. Not great, but solid. And he has a fanbase.

He's got a 6'4" frame. Arnold (despite what you may read online) is only 5'10". I've stood next to the guy on numerous occasions and I'm almost two inches taller than him.

Trust me on this, when the trainers and nutritionists are done with him he'll look like a freaking mountain.

NormanPride
1/25/2010, 01:24 PM
If the movie is going to be cheese, do you need a good actor, or a person that embodies the role? I thought the terrible acting was part of the charm of the originals. If it had been a real actor the movies would have flopped horribly and there wouldn't be remakes. :D

soonerinkaty
1/25/2010, 01:26 PM
LASooner, could you share your insight on why Jared Padalecki didnt get the part? I know Jason is a good actor and all, i liked him on Atlantis. I just think Jared is better for the part.

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2010, 01:41 PM
If the movie is going to be cheese, do you need a good actor, or a person that embodies the role? I thought the terrible acting was part of the charm of the originals. If it had been a real actor the movies would have flopped horribly and there wouldn't be remakes. :DWell, first of all let me say that movie makers RARELY start off trying to make a cheesy movie. Bitch Slap, Drag Me To Hell, etc are their own pseudo genre.

In this case, the producers are trying to make a good movie, but in my opinion, having read the script, I just think the script is sadly lacking and is filled with cheesy lines/scenes. I'm the one saying it's gonna be cheese, not them.

The original Conan movies, or at the very least the first movie, actually had quite a good script. If you hadn't had Arnold, but had someone who looked like him AND could act, you would have had a MUCH bigger hit. The script on Barbarian was SOLID.

Fraggle145
1/25/2010, 01:46 PM
If the movie is going to be cheese, do you need a good actor, or a person that embodies the role? I thought the terrible acting was part of the charm of the originals. If it had been a real actor the movies would have flopped horribly and there wouldn't be remakes. :D

I'm with you. I dont need the guy to be a good actor. Also he looks like a villain and a Klingon. Now if he was the bad guy I'd be cool with it.

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2010, 01:47 PM
LASooner, could you share your insight on why Jared Padalecki didnt get the part? I know Jason is a good actor and all, i liked him on Atlantis. I just think Jared is better for the part.

I'm not that intimately involved with this project, so I don't know ALL the details. Anything I'd say would be a guess.

That disclaimer aside, I'd say it's probably money. Jared Padalecki's people probably asked for more than Jason Momoa's people. Jared is on a CW network show which, ironically, carries more weight than SyFy. It has a higher viewership, so Jared Padalecki is considered a bigger star, to a point. Add in the fact that Supernatural is (to the best of my knowledge) still running while Stargate Atlantis is not, there is also the possibility of scheduling conflicts.

Finally you have the point that Jason Momoa is a more believable action star while Jared Padalecki is a cheesy High School Quarterback lookin' guy and you've got several to choose from.

But ultimately I'd say it comes down to either scheduling or money.

Those are my guesses.

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2010, 01:49 PM
I'm with you. I dont need the guy to be a good actor. Also he looks like a villain and a Klingon. Now if he was the bad guy I'd be cool with it.You know he can change his look, right? I mean...you've seen his old modeling photos before the dreds and such, right? He's got as much boyish charm as Jared Padalecki.

Also, Conan isn't supposed to be a really "good guy." He's a Barbarian. He's the Destroyer. He's kinda nasty and mean.

Either way, though, they are going for a younger, prettier, more sensitive Conan in order to capitalize on the "success and dynamic of the Twilight series." I shat you not.

NormanPride
1/25/2010, 02:12 PM
Wow. These people are paid to analyze demographics and this is what they come up with?

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2010, 02:19 PM
Yes.

Sadly.

Stitch Face
1/25/2010, 02:20 PM
He's got as much boyish charm as Jared Padalecki.

That the phrase "boyish charm" appeared anywhere in a thread about casting Conan is a bad sign

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2010, 03:15 PM
I couldn't agree more.

tbl
1/25/2010, 03:35 PM
I have a similar frame to this dude and it's gonna take a whole lot more than protein powder and sups to get him where he needs to be to play Conan, and that would be the same "sup" that Arnold took to get to that point. Not knocking roids, but once you hit your genetic limit, you gotta kick it up with something more than GNC prodcuts to take it to the next level.

Also, Arnold was actually bigger than that when he was winning his Mr. O titles, but he was still in very good shape during Conan.

I just don't understand bringing back Conan unless he's a beast. Not only do we have the image of Arnold to contend with, but even those of us that read the original books have that mental image as he was described the same way.

Your buddy looks like a much better candidate... Too bad...

tbl
1/25/2010, 03:47 PM
http://blogs.amctv.com/scifi-scanner/conan.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/201/509996632_ebd0ea22c5.jpg

http://www.thearnoldfans.com/bodybuilding/images/mostmuscularpose.jpg

Arnold is the GOAT in regards to where he brought bodybuilding, but his build is pretty average in todays bodybuilding world. Still, he has the classic physique which I MUCH prefer over the monsters of today.

Gandalf_The_Grey
For Conan, to hell with boyish charm, I want Whistler from Blade Charm

Position Limit
part of what made conan a good movie was the bad acting. bad acting along with a 7 time mr. olypian demolishing everything in it's path is what made the movie. has the whole world gone soft? and why the need to remake it? is there really a market for it these days?

hellogoodbye
1/25/2010, 04:07 PM
Either way, though, they are going for a younger, prettier, more sensitive Conan in order to capitalize on the "success and dynamic of the Twilight series." I shat you not.

Egads, none of that describes REH's Conan. What's next, - Thor?

oh wait..:(

Stitch Face
1/25/2010, 04:27 PM
Arnold is the GOAT in regards to where he brought bodybuilding, but his build is pretty average in todays bodybuilding world. Still, he has the classic physique which I MUCH prefer over the monsters of today.

Pffft. Back in my day, Chuck Atlas put 'em all to shame.

C&CDean
1/25/2010, 04:58 PM
I am the resident expert on all things Conan the Barbarian/Cimmerian. Not the movies, the Robert E. Howard books. I've read them all several times.

Personally, I thought the movies were kinda gay - especially the one with Wilt Chamberlain and Grace Jones. That being said, Arnold was pretty much perfect for the part.

Whoever plays the part better be able to pull it off though. He's gotta be able to pull this off convincingly:

Conan staggered dizzily up, shaking the sweat and blood out of his eyes. Blood dripped from his poiniard and fingers, and trickled in rivulets down his thighs, arms, and breast. Murilo caught at him to support him, but the barbarian shook him off impatiently. "When I can not stand alone, it will be time to die," he mumbled, through smashed lips. "But I'd like a flagon of wine."

"I have slain a man tonight, not a beast. I will count him among the chiefs whose souls I've sent into the dark, and my women will sing of him."

Howzit
1/25/2010, 05:19 PM
That sounds like me.

I do that sort of thing, like, all the time.

C&CDean
1/25/2010, 05:23 PM
Well you have worn the loincloth to a tailgate or two. I'll give you that.

C&CDean
1/25/2010, 05:36 PM
"Crom!" his mighty shoulders twitched. "A murrain on these wizardly feuds! Pelias has dealt well with me, but I care not if I see him no more. Give me a clean sword and a clean foe to flesh it in. Damnation! What would I not give for a flagon of wine!"

Conan strode to the altar, lifting Yasmela in his blood-stained arms. She threw her white arms convulsively about his mailed neck, sobbing hysterically, and would not let him go. "Crom's devils, girl!" he grunted. "Loose me! Fifty thousand men have perished today, and there is work for me to do -"

"No!" she gasped, clinging with convulsive strength, as barbaric for the instant as he in her fear and passion. "I will not let you go! I am yours, by fire and steel and blood! You are mine! Back there, I belong to others - here I am mine - and yours! You shall not go!"

He hesitated, his own brain reeling with the fierce upsurging of his violent passions. The lurid unearthly glow that hovered in the shadowy chamber, lighting ghostily the dead face of Thugra Khota, which seemed to grin mirthlessly and cavernously at them. Out on the desert, in the hills among the oceans of dead, men were dying, were howling with wounds and thirst and madness, and kingdoms were staggering. Then all was swept away by the crimson tide that rode madly in Conan's soul, as he crushed fiercely in his iron arms the slim white body that shimmered like a witch-fire of madness before him...

Man, Howard could write.

JohnnyMack
1/25/2010, 05:37 PM
That sounds like me.

I do that sort of thing, like, all the time.

This guy?

Yeah. We know. No one is surprised either.

C&CDean
1/25/2010, 05:39 PM
And sorry, I just don't see that slinky-headed guy pulling Conan off.

Howzit
1/25/2010, 05:44 PM
For the record, I haven't worn dreads in years.

Fraggle145
1/25/2010, 05:45 PM
You know he can change his look, right? I mean...you've seen his old modeling photos before the dreds and such, right? He's got as much boyish charm as Jared Padalecki.

Also, Conan isn't supposed to be a really "good guy." He's a Barbarian. He's the Destroyer. He's kinda nasty and mean.

I cant figure out what side you are taking... they are pussifying Conan, which you seem to be against, but when it comes to the ***** you seem to be for it. :confused:

JohnnyMack
1/25/2010, 05:51 PM
And sorry, I just don't see that slinky-headed guy pulling Conan off.

He's been pulling Howzit off. Try and keep up.

LosAngelesSooner
1/25/2010, 06:46 PM
I cant figure out what side you are taking... they are pussifying Conan, which you seem to be against, but when it comes to the ***** you seem to be for it. :confused:I'm not FOR him, I just know that he isn't THAT bad and they could have done far worse

soonerinkaty
1/25/2010, 07:34 PM
So who is gonna be Captain America?

Stitch Face
1/25/2010, 10:15 PM
So who is gonna be Captain America?

Probably one of the dudes from Harold and Kumar

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2010, 12:49 AM
The last rumour was Will Smith, but that's not gonna happen! They also said John Cena, McConaughey, and the Blonde dude on American Gladiators! lmao Those all got shot down of course. DiCraprio also came up at one point...as did Brad Pitt! Alexander Skarsgard was an intriguing possibility as he looks the part other than being too small.

This all seems to be falling apart as now they are auditioning mainly unknowns like Johnny Pacar, some dumb kid from that show Make it or Break it. *GROAN*

Thor is gonna be Chris Hemsworth, the dude that played Kirk's Dad in the last Star Trek.

GKeeper316
1/26/2010, 12:58 AM
sorry late comer to this thread, but i gotta say im very disappointed in all the guys in the running for conan. and let me just add that arnold was a terrible conan.

if any of you have ever read the original conan stories (which i have) written by robert e howard, you'd feel the same.

if you've never heard of robert e howard, i highly recommend reading about him. tragic story of a great writer who was a good friend to hp lovecraft and lived his entire life in west texas.

The Phoenix on the Sword (1932)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600811.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600811h.html)
The Scarlet Citadel (1933)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600821.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600821h.html)
The Tower of the Elephant (1933)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600831.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600831h.html)
Black Colossus (1933)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600931.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600931h.html)
The Slithering Shadow (1933)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0601051.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0601051h.html)
The Pool of the Black One (1933)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600951.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600951h.html)
Rogues in the House (1934))--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600781.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600781h.html)
Shadows in the Moonlight (1934)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600971.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600971h.html)
Queen of the Black Coast (1934)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600961.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600961h.html)
The Devil in Iron (1934))--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600801.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600801h.html)
The People of the Black Circle (1934)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600941.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600941h.html)
A Witch Shall be Born(1934)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600921.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600921h.html)
Jewels of Gwahlur (1935))--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600761.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600761h.html)
Beyond the Black River (1935)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600741.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600741h.html)
Shadows in Zamboula (1935)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600791.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600791h.html)
The Hour of the Dragon (1936)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600981.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600981h.html)
Red Nails (1936))--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600771.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600771h.html)
Gods of the North (1934)--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600751.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600751h.html)
The Hyborian Age--Text (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0603571.txt)--HTML (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0603571h.html)

these are the original conan stories... they are really fun to read, most are fairly short (they had to be in 1930s pulp fiction mags) and will give you a better appreciation for both the writer and the world he envisioned.

enjoy.

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2010, 01:10 AM
Are there really people who haven't read them?

soonerinkaty
1/26/2010, 02:00 AM
*sheepishly raises hand* I

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2010, 02:30 AM
I just figured everyone had read at least some of them. It was practically required reading for me growing up in Oklahoma. I had a hard time finding a bookshelf without at least one book back then.

Collier11
1/26/2010, 03:28 AM
Never read any of them

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2010, 03:54 AM
Crom! Buncha cultureless louts!

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2010, 03:55 AM
GKeeper's post above has links to the full texts for you all.

Collier11
1/26/2010, 03:56 AM
You are under the false assumption that I care to read any of them :D

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2010, 04:05 AM
If you are familiar with the movies it's fun to imagine how stupid Arny would have sounded if they had let him speak real Conan dialogue.

Imagine that dude saying, "You fool! I think you never saw a man from the West before. Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man--like this!"

Collier11
1/26/2010, 04:07 AM
I think we all know that action stars in movies are hardly ever known for being intelligent, lol

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2010, 04:08 AM
Thus my dislike for most action stars.

Collier11
1/26/2010, 04:13 AM
what about Action Jackson?

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2010, 04:21 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IASrW045ZWE/R4tnlDNRWNI/AAAAAAAACYA/rgskIjT45KA/s400/action.jpg

Carl Weathers is the BOMB yo!

Collier11
1/26/2010, 04:26 AM
sept for when this happened

http://www.freewebs.com/rockyfilms/apollo%20dead.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2010, 05:04 AM
True, but that was in that extremely realistic movie where a guy was punching with like 4000 pounds of force! lol

He only made it halfway through Predator too.

LosAngelesSooner
1/26/2010, 05:22 AM
I will not allow you to put Craig T. Nelson in this thread...

Collier11
1/26/2010, 05:30 AM
This one?

http://i.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/livestock~04-20-05-carl.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2010, 05:54 AM
Coach looks like he wants Carl's man-meat.

MrJimBeam
1/26/2010, 06:25 AM
I will not allow you to put Craig T. Nelson in this thread...

Whatever, dude took Minnesota State to a bowl game. He's the Glen Mason of Hollywood.

Collier11
1/26/2010, 06:25 AM
took Orlando to the playoffs as well

hellogoodbye
1/26/2010, 09:06 AM
I just figured everyone had read at least some of them. It was practically required reading for me growing up in Oklahoma. I had a hard time finding a bookshelf without at least one book back then.

REH + Frazetta = WIN

just think about all those vans that would otherwise be just a blue #2 finish...

who can argue with Molly Hatchet?

Thor is gonna be Chris Hemsworth, the dude that played Kirk's Dad in the last Star Trek.

intriguing

these are the original conan stories... they are really fun to read, most are fairly short (they had to be in 1930s pulp fiction mags) and will give you a better appreciation for both the writer and the world he envisioned.

enjoy.

thanks for the links! It's always been my opinion that the best fantasy (REH, Tolkien) came from this era. That genre paved the way for so many classic SciFi authors as well.

KNEE BRACE
1/26/2010, 01:14 PM
there seems to be a lot of repressed homosexuality in this thread

let it out, guys

LosAngelesSooner
1/26/2010, 01:27 PM
This one?

http://i.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/livestock%7E04-20-05-carl.jpg
Such a loving, soft touch...

...such soft hands he has...

C&CDean
1/26/2010, 02:18 PM

let it out, guys

That's your first post? Want it to be your last?

Collier11
1/26/2010, 02:22 PM
THere is nothing repressed about the homosexuality in this thread, that guy is way off

Fraggle145
1/26/2010, 02:41 PM
boner? :confused: :O

MrJimBeam
1/26/2010, 03:13 PM

let it out, guys

Probably why you joined the thread.

Crucifax Autumn
1/26/2010, 11:19 PM
And how he ended up with a knee brace!

GKeeper316
1/27/2010, 05:52 PM
thanks for the links! It's always been my opinion that the best fantasy (REH, Tolkien) came from this era. That genre paved the way for so many classic SciFi authors as well.

np i found those links a couple years ago and have kept em bookmarked since. i re-read a story every week or so. just love the way howard wrote.