PDA

View Full Version : Rangers fans, your long nightmare is over

GrapevineSooner
1/23/2010, 10:33 PM
Tom Hicks is officially no longer the majority owner of the ballclub (http://trsullivan.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/01/the_rangers_sale_is_done.html) and has been cut almost completely out of the picture.

Course, it still is pending and needs league and bank approvals. But that's expected to be a formality.

silverwheels
1/23/2010, 11:13 PM
Not a Rangers fan, but hopefully he gives up Liverpool, too.

GrapevineSooner
1/23/2010, 11:36 PM
And the Stars. ;)

Scott D
2/5/2010, 03:03 AM
Rumor now is that he's looking to unload the Stars and he and Gillette are trying to sell 15% of Liverpool

ouleaf
2/5/2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah, he's definitely looking to unload a majority stake in the Stars. I think he has another creditor knocking at his door for money. Says he's looking for around $300MM. If you have the means, I highly recommend putting in a bid.

Hicks has mis-managed the Stars and Rangers terribly. Moreso the Rangers, as the Stars were at least able to get a championship team in the late 90's and early 2000's

It was especially disgraceful the way the Rangers suffered this past year. Basically borrowing money from MLB to make payroll. I think there was even some mentionings of them not being able to afford enough money for essentials like keeping stocked up with enough baseballs for practice and such.

Hicks is never going to be hurting for money, but hopefully he can sell these franchises to guys that actually care about winning.

texaspokieokie
3/6/2010, 09:29 AM
nolan ryan says 92 wins for rangers this season.

ouleaf
3/8/2010, 03:33 PM
That's only 5 wins more than last years team. So it is a goal that is definitely attainable in his mind. Will that happen, not so sure. Seattle looks better, Oakland will compete, and the Angels are strong. I think all 4 teams are gonna beat up on each other this year. It should be one of the most competitive divisions all season long.

texaspokieokie
3/13/2010, 10:21 AM
also the smallest division.

soonerinabilene
3/18/2010, 07:54 AM
wonder how the players, especially hamilton, are going to respond to washington pulling a cokey mcsnortf*ck.

OKLA21FAN
3/18/2010, 08:18 AM
wonder how the players, especially hamilton, are going to respond to washington pulling a cokey mcsnortf*ck.

but but but......Wash only tried it once......................and was caught.

(its the other not caught times that makes you wonder)

soonerinabilene
3/18/2010, 09:33 AM
but but but......Wash only tried it once......................and was caught.

(its the other not caught times that makes you wonder)

yeah, hes gotta be the unluckiest guy on the world. does blow for the first time in his 57 years of life, and the next day gets a random **** test. poor fella.