PDA

View Full Version : Kiffin already violating NCAA

prrriiide
1/23/2010, 06:56 PM
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=111540&catid=2

Lane Kiffin has only been the USC head football coach for 10 days and has already committed his first secondary violation.

Volquest.com is reporting that the former Vols football coach picked up a recruit from the airport in a limo.

Kiffin committed six secondary violations while at Tennessee.

:rolleyes:

tulsaoilerfan
1/23/2010, 07:08 PM
Big surprise isn't it? LOL

Soonerpsycho
1/23/2010, 07:14 PM
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/kiffindick.jpg

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2010, 07:28 PM
I would like a better source than Volquest.com. I mean, c'mon.

VA Sooner
1/23/2010, 07:32 PM
No surprise. I don't think he has any clue what the rules really are.

Limo? Really???

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2010, 07:33 PM
I call BS on the story, btw.

Here is the NCAA rule, courtesy of a post on wearesc

13.5.2.1 General Restrictions.

A member institution may pay the prospective student-

athlete's actual round-trip transportation costs for his or her official visit to its campus from any location, provided the prospective student-athlete returns to the original point of departure, or if return transportation is provided to the prospective student-athlete's home, educational institution or site of competition, the cost does not exceed round-trip expenses from the prospective student-athlete's original point of departure. Use of a limousine or helicopter for such transportation is prohibited. (Revised: 1/9/06, 5/26/06)

StoopTroup
1/23/2010, 07:39 PM

athlete's actual round-trip transportation costs for his or her official visit to its campus from any location, provided the prospective student-athlete returns to the original point of departure, or if return transportation is provided to the prospective student-athlete's home, educational institution or site of competition, the cost does not exceed round-trip expenses from the prospective student-athlete's original point of departure. Use of a limousine or helicopter for such transportation is prohibited. (Revised: 1/9/06, 5/26/06)

Kiffin will be OK as long as he got you on the case.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2010, 07:47 PM
Heh, that's pretty good. How did Cam Newton and Mike Leach fare in my posts?

Scott D
1/23/2010, 08:34 PM
I would like a better source than Volquest.com. I mean, c'mon.

Trust me, based on past indicators those close to the Tennessee program will do all the investigating that the NCAA should do, and on their own dime. Just ask the University of Alabama.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2010, 08:36 PM
Yeah, but I'm just not sure Vol fans understand the concept "limousine" enough to make a fair judgment.

Scott D
1/23/2010, 08:38 PM
Fair enough

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2010, 08:44 PM
Vol fans have the enthusiasm for nailing him. But that's the problem. We're going to hear all kinds of crap from Vol web sites--almost none of it will be true.

Besides, Lane Kiffin (as dumb as he is) isn't dumb enough to pick up a recruit in a limousine. He knows everyone is watching his program now.

delhalew
1/23/2010, 08:54 PM
Vol fans have the enthusiasm for nailing him. But that's the problem. We're going to hear all kinds of crap from Vol web sites--almost none of it will be true.

Besides, Lane Kiffin (as dumb as he is) isn't dumb enough to pick up a recruit in a limousine. He knows everyone is watching his program now.

Making an assumption like that is fool hardy indeed. Kiffin is a cocky prick. I wouldn't put it past him.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2010, 09:08 PM
Okay, maybe he is stupid enough. But I still doubt this story.

If true (and I am convinced it isn't), USC needs to dump him off at the exchange counter as fast as possible.

soonerloyal
1/23/2010, 09:10 PM
Yes, but violations at any other school get you in trouble. At uSuC, not so much. He probably knows that the NCDoubleA will twist their necks to the breaking point trying to look away from Trojan highjinks.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2010, 09:23 PM
Yes, but violations at any other school get you in trouble. At uSuC, not so much. He probably knows that the NCDoubleA will twist their necks to the breaking point trying to look away from Trojan highjinks.

If USC ends up on probation, any violations can place the entire program in jeopardy. Mike Garrett is already in enough hot water; he would be a fool not to get rid of him as fast as possible. (This assumes that the violations are clearly known by the NCAA and there is no chance of a coverup.)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/23/2010, 10:41 PM
there are a couple of problems here. we got in trouble back in 2000 for mike stoops picking up a recruit when other transportation was available (in a van no less). if he was in a limo, its prohibited by the last line of the rule you quoted.

Fraggle145
1/23/2010, 11:33 PM
They got Alabama, they'll get USC... its just a matter of time. They pissed off the wrong fanbase.

Stitch Face
1/24/2010, 12:16 AM
Was it one of those really long Hummers? Does that count?

OU_Sooners75
1/24/2010, 03:55 AM

Well, yeah...if this story is true, it is a violation....and not sure if you are saying USC was in their right to do so...but if you are...it is written right there that they are not allowed to use a limo for his transportation.

OU_Sooners75
1/24/2010, 03:58 AM

Well, he was dumb enough to display recruits names on the Stadium scoreboards while they were on visit.

He was dumb enough to simulate gameday activities for recruits while at Tennessee.

I would not be at all surprised if he was dumb enough to have a limo pick up a recruit!

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/24/2010, 07:47 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if that ignorant ****** bag gave a bag of money to a recruit while eating dinner with the head of the NCAA

delhalew
1/24/2010, 10:02 AM
Don't forget his traveling HOstesses, who were holding up signs.

StoopTroup
1/24/2010, 02:53 PM
I've heard that Richard Gere is into lizards now.

Leroy Lizard
1/24/2010, 02:55 PM
Well, you can have lunch with him sometime and share your mutual interests.

StoopTroup
1/24/2010, 03:02 PM
I have and he wouldn'y STFU about you. It's Leroid is this...Leroid does that...

It's sickening. Once he excused hisself from the table and came back from the restroom...he pulls you out and starts letting you swim around in the clam chowder.

That was it for me. No more lunches.

Leroy Lizard
1/24/2010, 03:18 PM
Are you hoping for a dinner invitation, or a little more...?