PDA

View Full Version : Boise St. To Get "RED" Turf?

sooner59
1/23/2010, 04:42 PM
I was just watching the East-West Shrine Bowl and the commentators just said that word has been handed down that Boise St. has received permission to change their field from blue turf to red turf. WTF?

Red would be harder to look at than blue. It would give me a damn headache.

Spanish Sooner
1/23/2010, 04:51 PM
Not Boise State, Eastern Washington a Division 1-AA school i believe, boise state stays blue

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2010, 05:02 PM
What'samatter with green?

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2010, 05:03 PM
Can you imagine trying to spot a fumble on Wyoming' turf if they change the field to the school color? The refs had a hard enough time in Oregon on a green field.

Eielson
1/23/2010, 05:17 PM
I thought red looked kinda cool when somebody photoshopped it for the Sooners.

OU-HSV
1/23/2010, 07:02 PM
Why the f*ck can't they just be normal and use green grass/turf like the rest of college football. I think the NCAA should force them to change it to green. It sucks for everyone, opposing teams, fans, t.v. viewers, booth reviewers, etc.

sooner59
1/23/2010, 07:24 PM
Not Boise State, Eastern Washington a Division 1-AA school i believe, boise state stays blue

Oh ok. Maybe I heard it wrong, then. I was wondering why the hell Boise would do red since its not a school color. But knowing them, I wouldn't be surprised. Still, red is a little out there.

Boomer38Sooner
1/23/2010, 07:27 PM
Can you imagine trying to spot a fumble on Wyoming' turf if they change the field to the school color? The refs had a hard enough time in Oregon on a green field.

HAHA!!!

misplacedsooner
1/24/2010, 12:56 AM
maybe nike should buy into turf and they can supply the ducks with a different colored field every week

MamaMia
1/24/2010, 01:00 AM
I feel bad for whomever will have to wash those uniforms.

Leroy Lizard
1/24/2010, 01:11 AM
Well, I am sure SHE won't mind too much.

:D

kevpks
1/24/2010, 01:44 AM
How long until Boone rolls out the orange turf?

delhalew
1/24/2010, 01:53 AM
I thought Boise was sort of grandfathered in and no other school was allowed to have a color other than green. Clearly I was wrong, but it was recently that I heard that.

MamaMia
1/24/2010, 02:08 AM
Well, I am sure SHE won't mind too much.

:D
Hey now. Guys can wash uniforms too. Like most things though, they just aren't as good at it. :D

SicEmBaylor
1/24/2010, 03:08 AM
Our field has always been our school color.

OU_Sooners75
1/24/2010, 03:50 AM
I think the NCAA needs to actually get involved in this.

I think they need to make it a rule that all fields are the same color, especially since more and more fields are going to the fake turf.

I cannot stand trying to watch a Boise State game on TV win it is played at their home stadium.

oudavid1
1/24/2010, 04:10 AM
Im pretty sure the NCAA came out after the "smurf turf" came out and said that all turf has to be green and BSU was the only exception. If eastern whatever is really going red could someone provide a link please

SoonerGrant
1/24/2010, 04:22 AM
Maybe they are NAIA

OU_Sooners75
1/24/2010, 05:17 AM
Im pretty sure the NCAA came out after the "smurf turf" came out and said that all turf has to be green and BSU was the only exception. If eastern whatever is really going red could someone provide a link please

link to the rule? I have never heard of that.

sooner59
1/24/2010, 04:26 PM
I guess it would look like this:

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12324&p=222598

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/24/2010, 04:37 PM
I was just watching the East-West Shrine Bowl and the commentators just said that word has been handed down that Boise St. has received permission to change their field from blue turf to red turf. WTF?

Red would be harder to look at than blue. It would give me a damn headache.Boise St. would have to change their school colors, in order to blend in with the red field, like they now do with blue.

sooner59
1/24/2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I just heard them say something about Boise, but they were talking about 1-AA Eastern Washington.

King Crimson
1/24/2010, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I just heard them say something about Boise, but they were talking about 1-AA Eastern Washington.

that makes sense. EWU does have red unis. i saw them nearly beat Colorado in Boulder year before last.

NMSooner'80
1/25/2010, 06:07 PM
It still sickens me that our team's inattention (and a couple of key injuries) turned those clowns into national media darlings. That also flies in the face of some things I've heard about how some of their players have acted since then (Zabransky), and how obnoxious their fans have become. And I got the impression that a few of their players and fans were jerks even before our epic choke-job.

But, I also still think that Ian Johnson fumbled on third down in overtime, but that there was NO way the replay people were going to rule against "Cinderella" that night. I was even in the stadium that night and got a pretty good view of it on the scoreboard's replay screen. His knee sure looked like it was NOT down on the play, and OU did recover.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/25/2010, 06:17 PM
It still sickens me that our team's inattention (and a couple of key injuries) turned those clowns into national media darlings. That also flies in the face of some things I've heard about how some of their players have acted since then (Zabransky), and how obnoxious their fans have become. And I got the impression that a few of their players and fans were jerks even before our epic choke-job.

But, I also still think that Ian Johnson fumbled on third down in overtime, but that there was NO way the replay people were going to rule against "Cinderella" that night. I was even in the stadium that night and got a pretty good view of it on the scoreboard's replay screen. His knee sure looked like it was NOT down on the play, and OU did recover.Well, rest assured that game was the absolutely ONLY time we ever got dubious officiating(fu#ked) in a game.

Sooner04
1/25/2010, 07:19 PM
Why are we still worrying about Boise?

Rickety_Syd
1/25/2010, 07:40 PM
Boise State's blue field doesn't bother me at all . . . I remember the old OU/Texas games when the Cotton Bowl field was artificial . . . it always had that bluish tint to it . . .

fadada1
1/25/2010, 09:26 PM
Boise State's blue field doesn't bother me at all . . . I remember the old OU/Texas games when the Cotton Bowl field was artificial . . . it always had that bluish tint to it . . .

that had more to do with the prior evening's debauchery on commerce street, than the actual color of the field.

opksooner
1/25/2010, 09:40 PM
Why are we still worrying about Boise?

+1

StoopTroup
1/25/2010, 09:56 PM
We aren't.
+1

bluedogok
1/25/2010, 10:58 PM
That red field in a few years will become a nice shade of faded red, red doesn't handle UV too well.

SoCal
1/29/2010, 07:01 PM
http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2009-10/releases/10fbJan26RedTurf