PDA

View Full Version : August: Osage County

picasso
1/23/2010, 10:04 AM
I've heard a lot and read a bit about this play and saw a commercial last night about it coming to Tulsa. I strangely noticed that the lead character is using a southern, almost Alabammy-like accent.

Nice.

LilSooner
1/23/2010, 10:31 AM
We saw this last year on Broadway and it was seriously one of THE most depressing plays I have ever seen. Partly because my mom and I were completely weirded out because they seem to have written it about our family. Seriously we felt violated when we left. But everyone else around us thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Chuck Bao
1/23/2010, 01:03 PM
Lil, you are officially on my hate list. This is the play that I most want to see and you saw it on Broadway.

LilSooner
1/23/2010, 01:28 PM
Lil, you are officially on my hate list. This is the play that I most want to see and you saw it on Broadway.

Ha ha let me make it worse we saw it on our way to Europe where we spent a week in London and then went to Paris. That was a kick *** trip.

Chuck Bao
1/23/2010, 02:21 PM
If you had said that you had watched it in London, I would have been insanely jealous.

I don't know if I would like it, I just one to see the play that was written by an Oklahoman who won the Pulitzer prize and a Tony. Besides his mom and dad were inspirations to a lot of my fellow alumni at Southeastern.

LilSooner
1/23/2010, 02:38 PM
We actually saw Wicked while in London that was pretty damn sweet.

Chuck Bao
1/23/2010, 03:12 PM
We actually saw Wicked while in London that was pretty damn sweet.

You are just testing me, aren't you? Since reading Gregory Maguire's book, I have wanted to see that musical.

I may hate you, but it seems like you have good tastes.

LilSooner
1/23/2010, 05:47 PM
Wicked was amazing I read the book as well and I highly recommend going to see it on stage. I wish I could have seen it on broadway when Christin Chenowith was playing Galinda. I have the biggest girl crush on that woman.

Yeah what can I say I have fantastic taste. I'm a gucci carrying redneck :)

picasso
1/23/2010, 09:02 PM
I'm still a bit confused. The writer is from Oklahoma but doesn't realize we don't have southern accents here? Especially in Pawhuska.

We rollllllll our Rrrr's yo.

SoonerEMT
1/25/2010, 10:48 AM
I'm still a bit confused. The writer is from Oklahoma but doesn't realize we don't have southern accents here? Especially in Pawhuska.

We rollllllll our Rrrr's yo.

He must have taken a wrong turn somewhere along Highway 99...

Pawhuska is known for many things, but Southern Crackers doesn't usually rank near the top...