PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Mock Draft website....

OU-HSV
1/23/2010, 09:38 AM
Here's a draft website that has some interesting features on it. Lot's to read and check out. In their first round projection I did notice they messed up by Dez Bryant's name and put Oklahoma (instead of sheephumper U)
Other than that I think it's a pretty good site to kill some time on and check out projections.

http://www.drafttek.com/round12010.asp

IronHorseSooner
1/23/2010, 10:46 AM
Down here in Tampa, there has been A LOT of debate over just who the Bucs will take. If STL takes Sam or Clausen, then DET takes Suh. TB needs DTs, but some folks down here want a DB with Berry. Most knowledgeable fans believe that you build a great D from the DL. In that case, GK will be a Buc.

With Sam, most conventional wisdom has him either going to STL or WAS. WAS might be a better fit for him, because at STL, he will get killed behind their porous line. OTOH, Stephen Jackson is a better back, adn could take pressure off of him. I guarantee he won't drop past Denver. Their owner is an OU alum, and would likely love to have Sam there.

Gresh is the biggest enigma. It will come down to his workouts. If he's good to go on his knee, I can't imagine him dropping past ARI.

I have seen T-Will everywhere from the Top 10 to the early 2nd Round. However, I think he does fit well at IND. He played in a similar offense with us, and he would make a really good RT, maybe even C when Saturday retires.

Dom Franks should NOT have declared, as evidenced by his draft position. Hes in the 3rd round going to DEN. He might do well, as he will likely have a really good combine, but he definitely should have stayed.

Jackson at 152 might be the steal of the draft. He has ideal triangle numbers, and had really good senior campaign. The Ravens D is getting old, and they new faces. Wow, Jackson lining up in practice across from Clayton!

Now, here's something interesting- Granger goes to Philly. As much as I will be rooting for the guy, I just don't see this happening. I see Eldridge or Reynolds getting drafted before Granger. If he tests well, passes his physical, and interviews well, maybe then.

Other who could get drafted:
Eldridge: He's an old-school, throwback football player. Somebody will take a chance on him as an FB or H-Back.
Brown: I bet someone will take him late. His stock REALLY fell after getting no production out of that MASH-unit line.
Reynolds: Evidently, there are some teams out there who like him, but aren't going to pay a lot to get him. He could be a really good ST guy who could develop after he proves that his knees can take it.

JLEW1818
1/23/2010, 02:04 PM
If Suh and Gerald go 1-2... the Bucs will take Berry

IMO

Collier11
1/23/2010, 03:11 PM
Hey Jlew, Adam Shefter wrote lastnite that some NFL people like Mccoy over Suh cus he is more versatile

JLEW1818
1/23/2010, 03:12 PM
that would work for me.. but i doubt it happens.. i hope Gerald does not go to the Lions..

how was dinner?

rawlingsHOH
1/23/2010, 03:50 PM
Dom Franks should NOT have declared, as evidenced by his draft position. Hes in the 3rd round going to DEN. He might do well, as he will likely have a really good combine, but he definitely should have stayed.

How long was I asleep?

IronHorseSooner
1/23/2010, 04:03 PM
How long was I asleep?

According to the Mock Draft. Most places that I have seen have him as about a 3rd rounder.

OU-HSV
1/23/2010, 06:55 PM
Yeah Franks might have made a mistake. I mean isn't there a huge difference in the money between early second round and third round?

VA Sooner
1/23/2010, 07:31 PM
Franks should have stayed and worked a little more on his coverage technique. Otherwise, he's got the athletic skills and will do well at the next level. Just needs a little more maturity.

Some kids getting antsy with the rookie salary cap and also the possibility of a walk-out in the 2011 season... no play, no pay. That could really upset the balance of the draft come 2012. Thus, the highest number of non-seniors declaring for the draft.

Thank god it won't affect college football as much.... or will it???

Collier11
1/23/2010, 07:42 PM
that would work for me.. but i doubt it happens.. i hope Gerald does not go to the Lions..

how was dinner?

Buffalo Ck strips and beer, whats better?

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/24/2010, 08:13 AM
if this isn't a comprehensive website for mock drafts, i don't know what is...

http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm

OU-HSV
1/24/2010, 09:45 AM
if this isn't a comprehensive website for mock drafts, i don't know what is...

http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm

Nice find

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/24/2010, 01:00 PM
thank salt city sooner for that one.

Collier11
1/24/2010, 02:11 PM
www.walterfootball.com also has a big mock draft database linked to their site

JLEW1818
1/24/2010, 02:13 PM
Walt is taking the points on the jets, and giving on the saints... we'll see how i do

JLEW1818
1/24/2010, 02:16 PM
wow, Charlie C just said this is the best first round since 1986?

Collier11
1/24/2010, 02:19 PM
Im tellin ya, its a really good draft...lots of depth.

JLEW1818
1/24/2010, 02:23 PM
so Brady is basically like 8 points from having 5 rings.