PDA

View Full Version : How are these schollies adding up?

IronHorseSooner
1/23/2010, 09:15 AM
Experts around here, I have a question. Can someone verify the scholly numbers that we will have next year, I have the following, by position:

QB: Jones, Allen, Bell (3)
RB: Murray, Calhoun, Miller, Finch, Clay, Madu (6)
FB: Crow, Musil, Millard (3)
TE: Mensik, Hanna, Ikard, L. Johnson, Haywood (5)
OL: Brandon, Good, Habern, Evans, Jones, Alandoye, Stephenson, Lepak, Jeffries, Thompson, Irwin, Woods, Shead, W. Williams (14)
WR: Miller, Broyles, Reynolds, Kenney, Caleb, Stills, McCay, Powell, McClain, T. Franks, Wilson (11)
K: Stevens (1)

Offensive Total: 43

DE: Beal, Alexander, Washington, King, Chaisson, Brown, Grissom, Ndulue, Macon (9)
DT: McFarland, Taylor, Walker, McGee, D. Williams, Humphrey, Peterson, Noble (8)
LB: R. Lewis, T. Lewis, Box, Wort, Bird, Bryant, R. Franklin, Ibiloye, A. Franklin, Favors, Lake (11)
DB: Nelson, Hurst, Proctor, Carter, L. Harris, Lynn, D. Jackson, Brent, Trice, J. Harris, Fleming, Colvin, Wilson, Hayes, Haynes, Jefferson (16)
P: Way (1)

Defensive Total: 45

Total: 88

That would mean that our last recruit would make it 89 schollies. How is the staff going to pull that off? Are there some guys on there who aren't counting to our scholly total? I know that Ratterree is a walk-on and doesn't count, but is there any one else who is a unique situation?

oudivesherpa
1/23/2010, 10:09 AM
I'm under the impression that Lepak is an academic sholarship, I don't know about how many others are in that category?

KiiDSooNER
1/23/2010, 11:22 AM
From what I've heard, J.R Bryant isn't on the team anymore?

IronHorseSooner
1/23/2010, 11:33 AM
I thought he was given another year, but I could be wrong.

Eielson
1/23/2010, 11:38 AM
What is the max supposed to be?

IronHorseSooner
1/23/2010, 11:42 AM
I think 85. I wonder if the NCAA made a special exception with Corey Wilson. IOW, the let him keep his scholly, but didn't count it towards to the overall total. But, that would be unlikely, since that would mean that the NCAA actually had a heart.

pappy
1/23/2010, 12:44 PM
J.R. Bryant has another year but has decided to go ahead and attempt the nfl instead of sticking around playing special teams and being a backup LB.

and I'm pretty sure that the OL Jeffries is transferring.

goingoneight
1/24/2010, 12:28 AM
Jeffires transferred IN to Oklahoma. As did Vinson, who was rumored to be transferring as well. Something's fishy about these here rumors.

Salt City Sooner
1/24/2010, 01:23 AM
Jeffires transferred IN to Oklahoma. As did Vinson, who was rumored to be transferring as well. Something's fishy about these here rumors.
No rumor about Vinson at all. Stoops himself said it during bowl prep.

Frozen Sooner
1/24/2010, 01:45 AM
I think 85. I wonder if the NCAA made a special exception with Corey Wilson. IOW, the let him keep his scholly, but didn't count it towards to the overall total. But, that would be unlikely, since that would mean that the NCAA actually had a heart.

They did not make a special exception. A counter who suffers a career-ending injury may be kept on scholarship as a non-counter as a general rule.

IronHorseSooner
1/24/2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks, and that's a good rule by the NCAA that is actually compassionate and makes sense.

Eielson
1/24/2010, 02:25 PM
I read in the Tulsa World today I think that we were at 86, and 87 if we get another one.

IronHorseSooner
1/24/2010, 03:30 PM
I read in the Tulsa World today I think that we were at 86, and 87 if we get another one.

Then, what will we do with the two schollies that we are over? Will we end up gray-shirting a couple of guys? I know the coaches have a plan, but I'm not read into the rules or individual situations to know.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/27/2010, 10:44 AM
Would anyone really be surprised if Jimmy Stevens left the team/transferred?

soonerboy_odanorth
1/27/2010, 10:45 AM
Also, I wonder if Adrien's injury was (college) career-ending.

Widescreen
1/27/2010, 10:53 AM
If we really only have 1 scholarship left, I'm very surprised that someone hasn't taken it already. I know we're in on Cullen and Jeffcoat (at least) and they both can't have the scholly. I have a feeling we'll get neither.