PDA

View Full Version : Moving Day

Okla-homey
1/22/2010, 08:23 AM
14th move of our married life. Lord willing, the next time I move will be to the cemetery.

I'm getting too old for this shiite. Pretty stove up this morning from all the gathering, packing, etc. yesterday.

And for the record, we didn't ask any friends to help us. Hate being asked to help my friends move, therefore won't ask friends to help me.;)

picasso
1/22/2010, 08:29 AM
I haven't been keeping up. Are you guys moving to the hills near Sand Springs?

That's almost in God's country.

colleyvillesooner
1/22/2010, 08:33 AM
Moving is the worst. Hired movers for the move from our townhome to our new house, and it was the best money I ever spent. I was a actually able to un pack stuff faster due to not being sore from moving.

Okla-homey
1/22/2010, 08:38 AM
I haven't been keeping up. Are you guys moving to the hills near Sand Springs?

That's almost in God's country.

Naw, we ended up in Bixby.

Approximately 111th and Mingo. We found a new spec house almost finished on which we were able to direct the builder to make certain changes as a condition of purchase that made it into exactly what we wanted --and we're comfortable and familiar with the area.

I'll say this too, it's a fantastic time to be a house buyer. Cheap money, sellers are bending over backwards - or bending over period, and that $8K in Obama money in the form of the tax credit for folks who haven't bought a house in the preceding three years was a nice incentive too.

picasso
1/22/2010, 08:59 AM
Hicksby!!!!! :D ;)

Nothing wrong with getting more for you dollar.

OU4LIFE
1/22/2010, 09:07 AM
Hicksby!!!!! :D ;)

Nothing wrong with getting more for you dollar.

I disagree. It's downright UN-American.

I want less for my dollar, and by God I'm getting it.

picasso
1/22/2010, 09:21 AM
I disagree. It's downright UN-American.

I want less for my dollar, and by God I'm getting it.

Yep, and it could get worse.

C&CDean
1/22/2010, 09:54 AM
If you girls get all sore from packing **** up at the house might I suggest you start hitting the gym every so often?

Moving is the absolute suck. When momma and I got together we had to move 2 complete households into one. One in Iowa, and one in Norman to another place in Norman. It blew, but at least I wasn't sore.

picasso
1/22/2010, 10:01 AM
I've had to move so many friends and relatives in the last 15 years.

The worst was our cousin in Tulsa. They only moved a few blocks but he was a former body builder so his gym was a nightmare, along with the old timey freezer style Coke machine that went upstairs.:(

C&CDean
1/22/2010, 10:04 AM
The worse was the full-size pool table we had to move from Iowa to Norman. That ****ing slate top had to weigh a ton.

Mjcpr
1/22/2010, 10:07 AM
WTH? I thought you bought a McMansion in midtown?

picasso
1/22/2010, 10:08 AM
The worse was the full-size pool table we had to move from Iowa to Norman. That ****ing slate top had to weigh a ton.

You must have liked it. Otherwise I would have sold the thing before moving.

OU4LIFE
1/22/2010, 10:16 AM
Yep, and it could get worse.

could?

bank on it. or mason jar on it. whichever.

King Crimson
1/22/2010, 10:36 AM
moving sucks. you have to touch everything you own.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/22/2010, 10:54 AM
The last time we moved, we went from a third floor apartment to a two-story house, we hired movers. Best $250 we ever spent. Seriously. Good luck on your move Homey! It is the suck!

TAFBSooner
1/22/2010, 11:10 AM
. . . Lord willing, the next time I move will be to the cemetery.

This, and I'm having somebody else do the lifting then.

yermom
1/22/2010, 11:19 AM
WTH? I thought you bought a McMansion in midtown?

that's what i thought too

i also hate moving... it's been almost 10 years now

packing sucks the most, actually moving stuff isn't that bad.

the worst thing was trying to get a friend's big screen TV into his upstairs bedroom back in the early aughts. now the new HDTVs are much easier t deal with :D

stupid narrow hallway and tight angles meant it got up the stairs but not into the room. back down it went :mad:

1890MilesToNorman
1/22/2010, 11:58 AM
I moved 3 times in a 5 year period earlier this decade, the only good part was we got rid of a bunch of crap every time we moved. Unfortunately we are collecting new crap now. :mad:

yermom
1/22/2010, 12:01 PM
so you are saying it's time to move again? :D

OKLA21FAN
1/22/2010, 12:03 PM
14th move of our married life. Lord willing, the next time I move will be to the cemetery.

I'm getting too old for this shiite. Pretty stove up this morning from all the gathering, packing, etc. yesterday.

And for the record, we didn't ask any friends to help us. Hate being asked to help my friends move, therefore won't ask friends to help me.;)

hire a few mezzicans! :pop:

1890MilesToNorman
1/22/2010, 12:03 PM
No way, I'm with Homey, the next one is to the cemetery. :D

yermom
1/22/2010, 12:05 PM
i hate moving and all, but i can think of a lot of places i'd rather move than the grave :D

SicEmBaylor
1/22/2010, 12:05 PM
I'm going through the same crap in about 3 weeks. I managed to get my stuff packed up in Waco a couple of weeks ago and get it moved home. Now, I have to pack up a 3-story house with 28 years worth of crap and move it halfway across the country.

It's coming soon, and I just want to run away from it and hide under a rock until someone else does it. ugh...moving is just about the most awful experience on Earth. Visiting College Station is a close 2nd.

fadada1
1/22/2010, 03:25 PM
in the process as well. house is on the market. got a place to live in the philly area - moving from rochester. i start in 3 1/2 weeks. wife will be down at the beginning of april. hoping the house goes fast - it should. we're paying someone to do the move. stuff is currently being boxed up. i hate moving, but seem to do it more than not.

C&CDean
1/22/2010, 03:32 PM
I'm going through the same crap in about 3 weeks. I managed to get my stuff packed up in Waco a couple of weeks ago and get it moved home. Now, I have to pack up a 3-story house with 28 years worth of crap and move it halfway across the country.

It's coming soon, and I just want to run away from it and hide under a rock until someone else does it. ugh...moving is just about the most awful experience on Earth. Visiting College Station is a close 2nd.

Never mind.

1890MilesToNorman
1/22/2010, 03:36 PM
Movin sucks.

King Crimson
1/22/2010, 05:51 PM
sic is graduating in march?

Crucifax Autumn
1/22/2010, 06:08 PM
sic is graduating in marching?

Yep...He finally got that degree in goosestepping he always wanted.

olevetonahill
1/22/2010, 07:46 PM
I ever move off the Hill , Im packing My personal stuff and Leaving.
Rest of this crap can stay here.

TUSooner
1/22/2010, 08:08 PM
moving sucks. you have to touch everything you own.

I NEED to move, if only to get rid of all junk we've accumulated in this place.

SunnySooner
1/22/2010, 08:55 PM
I would literally rather be punched in the face than move. So of course, I married into the Navy. 9 houses in a little over 10 years.:mad:

I sympathize with ya Homey, hope it goes as well as it can, enjoy your new home, may you park your butt there for many years to come.;)

Crucifax Autumn
1/22/2010, 10:27 PM
I find that moving is way easier if you just leave everything there and buy new.

MR2-Sooner86
1/23/2010, 02:08 PM
Hopefully there isn't too many stairs. I hate stairs...