PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one amazed by this team?

stoopified
1/21/2010, 10:51 AM
I admit that since the passing of the Bird-Magic era to being just a casual NBA fan, BUT this team has my attention.I am stunned by the level of improvement this team has made between last season and this year.Scott Brooks has this squad playing as the epitome of TEAM

.Before the season I thought the Thunder could win maybe 35 games and I recall thinking that would be an INCREDIBLE improvement.Barring injury this team has a real shot at the playoffs.I admit injury is a real fear in the long season that is the NBA. An injury to Westbrrook or Green would be crippling, let alone an injury to Durant.

Looking at theTHUNDER talent it is clear Durant is a star,Westbrook and Green are excellent players and the rest of the team is a collection of role players who do exactly what they need to do to make this team sucessful.That is a tribute to Coach Brooks and his staff and the job they have done.

My question to serious NBA fans is what do we need in OKC to go from the ranks of a good NBA team to elite?My own observation is that we need a true low post presence for both offensive and defensive purposes.Don't get me wrong I appreciate the collective efforts of the Thunder frontcourt BUT neither Green nor Durant fill that role.Durant is an incredible talent but he IS a small forward if I had to categorize him,down low is not where he is best .Green has the ability to play down low but not the physical makeup to make a living there. Krtic is a solid player and Ibaka is raw,but talented,yet neither is top teir.The low post by committee approach that OKC employs works for the most part but does become an issue against the lteams with elite post players.

On THE BLITZ the question was asked about wether the Thuder should pursue Chris Bosh in the free agent market.The response was only if that was the final piece to the puzzle.I freely admit i have no idea if Bosh would be a good fit chemistry-wise with this team ,but I do think talent-wise, he or a player of his talent at the post is the missing peice to turn Cinderella OKC into the Bele of the NBA ball.

the_ouskull
1/21/2010, 11:58 AM
Watch these and tell me if YOU think Bosh would fit in with this team...

Fit in? He'd be welcomed with open arms...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l05R9BuyIug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv7IZP7u9FE

the_ouskull

JLEW1818
1/21/2010, 01:42 PM
Houston..

stoopified
1/22/2010, 08:29 AM
Watch these and tell me if YOU think Bosh would fit in with this team...

Fit in? He'd be welcomed with open arms...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l05R9BuyIug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv7IZP7u9FE

the_ouskullNot saying he isn'tan incredible talent,that is unquestioned.My question is would he upset team chemistry ?Does he fit in persoanlity-wise with thisgroup of team-first players?I guesswhat I am asking is ,is this guy a quality person?

starclassic tama
1/22/2010, 01:16 PM
you aren't the only one. there were 2 whole people viewing the thunder board earlier!

Collier11
1/23/2010, 03:49 AM
I admit that since the passing of the Bird-Magic era to being just a casual NBA fan, BUT this team has my attention.I am stunned by the level of improvement this team has made between last season and this year.Scott Brooks has this squad playing as the epitome of TEAM

.Before the season I thought the Thunder could win maybe 35 games and I recall thinking that would be an INCREDIBLE improvement.Barring injury this team has a real shot at the playoffs.I admit injury is a real fear in the long season that is the NBA. An injury to Westbrrook or Green would be crippling, let alone an injury to Durant.

Looking at theTHUNDER talent it is clear Durant is a star,Westbrook and Green are excellent players and the rest of the team is a collection of role players who do exactly what they need to do to make this team sucessful.That is a tribute to Coach Brooks and his staff and the job they have done.

My question to serious NBA fans is what do we need in OKC to go from the ranks of a good NBA team to elite?My own observation is that we need a true low post presence for both offensive and defensive purposes.Don't get me wrong I appreciate the collective efforts of the Thunder frontcourt BUT neither Green nor Durant fill that role.Durant is an incredible talent but he IS a small forward if I had to categorize him,down low is not where he is best .Green has the ability to play down low but not the physical makeup to make a living there. Krtic is a solid player and Ibaka is raw,but talented,yet neither is top teir.The low post by committee approach that OKC employs works for the most part but does become an issue against the lteams with elite post players.

On THE BLITZ the question was asked about wether the Thuder should pursue Chris Bosh in the free agent market.The response was only if that was the final piece to the puzzle.I freely admit i have no idea if Bosh would be a good fit chemistry-wise with this team ,but I do think talent-wise, he or a player of his talent at the post is the missing peice to turn Cinderella OKC into the Bele of the NBA ball.

I said before the season that I expected 35 wins like you, I was also skeptical of Brooks. I have to admit, I like where we are going, the one thing we rarely do is get blown out which you see alot in the NBA. If we dont make the playoffs this yr or next I will be disappointed

the_ouskull
1/23/2010, 12:52 PM
Not saying he isn'tan incredible talent,that is unquestioned.My question is would he upset team chemistry ?Does he fit in persoanlity-wise with thisgroup of team-first players?I guesswhat I am asking is ,is this guy a quality person?

You didn't watch the videos, did you?

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
1/23/2010, 12:53 PM
Houston..

Oh, I want to see him end up in Houston too, but if I had to see him go to an alternate destination, OKC would be my second choice.

the_ouskull

birddog
1/24/2010, 10:29 AM
damn, we seem to have ALOT of 1 point losses this season.

stoopified
2/3/2010, 09:35 AM
You didn't watch the videos, did you?

the_ouskull
Yeah I did but it showed me who his public persona is BUT is that real? So my question remains ,is Bosh a character individual? I'm guessing that based on the vids you would say so. It is proably a moot point as most EXPERTS son't see OKC having a shot at any BIG NAME free agents ,much less Bosh specifically.