PDA

View Full Version : Dear Daylight Donuts,

JohnnyMack
1/21/2010, 10:40 AM
You should probably sit down, we need to talk.

Look, we've always had a great relationship that goes back a long, long way. Remember donut sales at Edison back in the day? Remember when I used to ditch 1st hour to sneak up to see you and get a sausage roll and a couple of your donuts? Yeah we've got a lot of great memories. And you know I was never into anyone else's donuts. I mean sure Dunkin Donuts has good coffee, but their donuts are just terrible. And don't even get me started on Krispy Kreme. Those things are just way off the mark, they're the sluttiest, sugariest donut I've ever encountered, not refined and sophisticated, like you. Listen I'm sure we will continue to make new memories over the years, it's just that....well....there's someone else. Now I'm not saying this new person is definitely better, yet, but it's all so new and exciting to me, like you and I's relationship used to be. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't wanna be exclusive anymore. I wanna see other donut shops.

Mainly this one:

http://www.prlog.org/10273008-dixie-cream-donuts-franchise-knows-how-to-make-donuts-that-defy-comparison.jpg

:les:GET IN MAH BELLY!!!!!!!!!!

NormanPride
1/21/2010, 10:45 AM
Nothing like a triple-decker sandwich, two donuts, and a giant soda to start your day.

OUDoc
1/21/2010, 10:46 AM
Those are bold words.
It better be damn good to displace Daylight Donuts.

NormanPride
1/21/2010, 10:56 AM
The sausage rolls at daylight are bland.

Partial Qualifier
1/21/2010, 10:57 AM
Those are bold words.
It better be damn good to displace Daylight Donuts.

AGREED. IN CAPS.

yermom
1/21/2010, 11:00 AM
The sausage rolls at daylight are bland.

???

picasso
1/21/2010, 11:02 AM
I'm a big fan of QT's donuts these days.

NormanPride
1/21/2010, 11:03 AM
???

:les: I SAID THE SAUSAGE ROLLS AT DAYLIGHT ARE BLAND.

ADs_Agent
1/21/2010, 11:08 AM
Brown's Bakery muffins > Daylight Donuts

KC//CRIMSON
1/21/2010, 11:10 AM
Merritt's > Daylight Donut

SoonerJack
1/21/2010, 11:17 AM
Fluffy Fresh > Lamar's > Daylight Donuts

picasso
1/21/2010, 11:25 AM
Merritt's > Daylight Donut

Well that's a given.:D

BillyBall
1/21/2010, 11:30 AM
Nothing like a triple-decker sandwich, two donuts, and a giant soda to start your day.

Heh...

StoopTroup
1/21/2010, 11:31 AM

White Chocolate Cranberry Muffin. 25-30 seconds in the microwave.

YWIA.

Soonerwake
1/21/2010, 11:45 AM
Donuts > Muffins The worst donut is better than the best muffin....

SoonerEMT
1/21/2010, 11:48 AM

I believe that is how Artie Lange used to start his day, before he got all stabby in his apartment... Nothing like 6,000 calories to get you going for the day...

ADs_Agent
1/21/2010, 12:42 PM
Donuts > Muffins The worst donut is better than the best muffin....

False claim sir, unless you are talking about a sticky bun or cinnamon roll

NormanPride
1/21/2010, 12:58 PM
I have had some bad donuts and some really good muffins...

soonerbrat
1/21/2010, 01:26 PM
Full Cup sausage rolls >>>>>>> Daylight donuts sausage rolls.

C&CDean
1/21/2010, 01:59 PM
Am I the only one around here who has never been to a Daylight Donuts and don't even know wtf a sausage roll is?

I probably haven't eaten a dozen donuts in my entire life. Fried dough and sugar. Meh. Give me an omelette with ham, bacon, peppers, cheese, spinach, and anything else you wanna throw in there with a side of crispy bacon and I'm golden.

Guess I wasn't destined to become a cop.

NormanPride
1/21/2010, 02:04 PM
Not even cake donuts? I understand the glazed crap being way too sweet, but some of the cake donuts out there are like eating a muffin or something.

And a professor of bacon, sausage, peppers, and cheese should know what a sausage roll is.

CobraKai
1/21/2010, 02:04 PM
Actually Daylight Donuts owns Dixie Cream. Dixie Cream is a Daylight Donut's franchise. See below...

Beautiful Brands to help franchise Dixie Cream Donuts

ShareThis Email Print

TULSA, Okla. (Nov. 21, 2008) Beautiful Brands International, franchisor of the Camille’s Sidewalk Cafe chain, said it would assist in marketing and franchising the Dixie Cream Donuts brand.

Dixie Cream Donuts is owned and franchised by the Daylight Donut Flour Co. of Tulsa. Dixie Cream has 12 stores in Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky and Texas.

BBI will provide assistance in product development, marketing, real estate, architecture, legal, franchise sales and other aspects of franchise development. The first corporate store will open in spring 2009.

Dixie Cream Donuts was founded in 1922 in Dallas. Daylight Donut Flour Co. bought Dixie Cream Donuts in 2005.

BBI also franchises the Coney Beach and FreshBerry Frozen Yogurt Cafe concepts.

Read more: http://www.nrn.com/breakingNews.aspx?id=360398#ixzz0dH7ErLBG

C&CDean
1/21/2010, 02:20 PM
Not even cake donuts? I understand the glazed crap being way too sweet, but some of the cake donuts out there are like eating a muffin or something.

And a professor of bacon, sausage, peppers, and cheese should know what a sausage roll is.

Sausage "roll" implies bread to me. I've never even heard of one. Cabbage roll? Sure. Kolachi? Sure. Jelly roll? Yup. Tootsie roll? Oui. Cinnamon roll? Good stuff. Bank roll. ye$ Fat roll? Got plenty. Sausage roll? Nope.

Crucifax Autumn
1/21/2010, 02:36 PM

Quentin Tarrantino makes donuts?

Crucifax Autumn
1/21/2010, 02:38 PM
False claim sir, unless you are talking about a sticky bun or cinnamon roll

I've been known to make some sticky buns on occasion.

NormanPride
1/21/2010, 02:39 PM
Sausage "roll" implies bread to me. I've never even heard of one. Cabbage roll? Sure. Kolachi? Sure. Jelly roll? Yup. Tootsie roll? Oui. Cinnamon roll? Good stuff. Bank roll. ye$ Fat roll? Got plenty. Sausage roll? Nope.

That is strange to me. It isn't a food that you wouldn't like, just one you've never had apparently. QT even sells them, and they're not awful. Think giant pig-in-a-blanket.

Crucifax Autumn
1/21/2010, 02:40 PM
Am I the only one around here who has never been to a Daylight Donuts and don't even know wtf a sausage roll is?

Yuo don't REALLY wanna see my sausage roll do you? :eek:

And that second part is a good thing or a bunch of these guys around here would be serving life sentences based on your arrest reports.

CobraKai
1/21/2010, 02:51 PM

A "sausage roll" is Okie for Kolache. Actually I think Kolache is just Texan for Sausage Roll. Most donut shops I've visited around the country have sausage rolls (I only know because, like you, I am not a big donut fan, so I usually order a sausage roll instead). In Texas they are usually called kolaches, but pretty much everywhere else I've been calls them sausage rolls. Do you live in Texas, by chance? If so, that would explain why you never heard of a sausage roll.

Crucifax Autumn
1/21/2010, 03:54 PM
Kolache is Czech for "pig in a blanket, only better". Real Czech bakeries also have ham and other assorted fruits and ****. Many of them offer cheese etc. in with the meat varieties.

I worked at a little place in La Grange, texass in the 90s that even had a coon *** Boudin Kolache. It somehow managed to suck and taste excellent at the same time. Another place had Ham and cheese Kolaches that would give you a boner, but the old bakery in town had a sausage variety in a mildly sweet pastry that would not ony give you a boner, but give you the happy ending too. Though it was the most Czech place of the 3 bakeries, they just had the one style and they just called 'em "pigs".

I need to have my mom ship me a few dozen of those bad boys.

C&CDean
1/21/2010, 04:43 PM
A "sausage roll" is Okie for Kolache. Actually I think Kolache is just Texan for Sausage Roll. Most donut shops I've visited around the country have sausage rolls (I only know because, like you, I am not a big donut fan, so I usually order a sausage roll instead). In Texas they are usually called kolaches, but pretty much everywhere else I've been calls them sausage rolls. Do you live in Texas, by chance? If so, that would explain why you never heard of a sausage roll.

I've had kolaches with just about everything in them. They ain't got a damn thing to do with Texas though, and I could neg you for even having to ask if I ever lived in that God-forsaken state.

My wife is from Iowa, and their kolaches are completely different than the ones down here. Technically they are a Czech dish that Americans have morphed into whatever the hell they want them to be, and some knuckleheads who couldn't pronounce "kolache" started calling them sausage rolls I guess.

Also, I didn't even know donut shops served anything besides donuts.

JohnnyMack
1/21/2010, 04:46 PM
Well that's cause you're a simpleton.

Crucifax Autumn
1/21/2010, 04:48 PM
I've had kolaches with just about everything in them. They ain't got a damn thing to do with Texas though, and I could neg you for even having to ask if I ever lived in that God-forsaken state.

My wife is from Iowa, and their kolaches are completely different than the ones down here. Technically they are a Czech dish that Americans have morphed into whatever the hell they want them to be, and some knuckleheads who couldn't pronounce "kolache" started calling them sausage rolls I guess.

Also, I didn't even know donut shops served anything besides donuts.

Bingo...Those same Americans thought Kolache was a bald guy on tv with a love for lollipops.

C&CDean
1/21/2010, 04:55 PM
Well that's cause you're a simpleton.

No, it's because I'm a man, and men eat animal by-products for breakfast, not faggy little muffins, donuts, and rolls.

Crucifax Autumn
1/21/2010, 04:58 PM
Yep, donut breakfasts are for fuity little fags and lazy fat cops. Real men eat chicken fetuses and assorted pig parts.

NormanPride
1/21/2010, 05:14 PM
Oh man, I love bird embryos and pig ***!

setem
1/21/2010, 07:39 PM

I probably haven't eaten a dozen donuts in my entire life. Fried dough and sugar. Meh. Give me an omelette with ham, bacon, peppers, cheese, spinach, and anything else you wanna throw in there with a side of crispy bacon and I'm golden.

If you ever find time man make it up to Nic's in the city and have a Western Omelet. If you give me a heads up or I am in there when you are I will pay for your breakfast! You are gonna like the way you look!

soonerinabilene
1/21/2010, 08:08 PM
When we head up to Skiatook to visit family, there are two things on my to-do list: Eat at Daylight and Mac's BBQ. There is a Korean donut store here in Abilene that is pretty good, but its not Daylught.

Curly Bill
1/21/2010, 09:01 PM
Last time I stopped by my local donut place I got me two jalapeno and cheddar pigs, and the Asian lady at the window gives me a free donut with the words: You need sweet with spicy.

LOL, good times. :D

SteelClip49
1/21/2010, 09:28 PM
what are some good donut places in Oklahoma City besides Daylight?

Oldnslo
1/21/2010, 09:32 PM
mmmmmmm. Mac's in Skiatook... awesomeness

oh, and Merritt's pwns all.

Boarder
1/21/2010, 09:43 PM
No, it's because I'm a man, and men eat animal by-products for breakfast, not faggy little muffins, donuts, and rolls.
I'm sure you could find somewhere that fried the donuts in lard. Would that count?

There's a new place on Porter, just south of Tarahumara that just opened about a month ago. They have delicious donuts, best in Norman. And, a very nice Korean couple run it. Super friendly. I highly recommend it.

MrJimBeam
1/22/2010, 08:11 AM
Kolache is Czech for "pig in a blanket, only better". Real Czech bakeries also have ham and other assorted fruits and ****. Many of them offer cheese etc. in with the meat varieties.

I worked at a little place in La Grange, texass in the 90s that even had a coon *** Boudin Kolache. It somehow managed to suck and taste excellent at the same time. Another place had Ham and cheese Kolaches that would give you a boner, but the old bakery in town had a sausage variety in a mildly sweet pastry that would not ony give you a boner, but give you the happy ending too. Though it was the most Czech place of the 3 bakeries, they just had the one style and they just called 'em "pigs".

I need to have my mom ship me a few dozen of those bad boys.

I remember going to the Kolache Festival in Prague back in the '70's and '80's and eating the hell out of Kolaches and drinking homemade wine. The Catholic Church women always had the best kolaches in town. You knew they would be the best cause you could count on all the Catholic women being real czech's with names like Jezek and Sykora and Klabzuba. Now the only place to get Kolache in town is the bakery and I don't even think that guy is czech. All the czech have moved away or died and the festival sucks now. I hate when things that used to be great start sucking.

OULenexaman
1/22/2010, 09:46 AM

and quiche....

C&CDean
1/22/2010, 09:48 AM
Last time I checked quiche was jammed full of animal by-products. No? And I eat the hell out of some quiche now.

JohnnyMack
1/22/2010, 09:53 AM
Quiche + hot sauce + coffee = good.

picasso
1/22/2010, 10:02 AM
The quiche at the Blue Dome Diner rocks.

OULenexaman
1/22/2010, 10:28 AM
so why is there a sayin' real men don't eat Quiche??........cause I likes the hell out of it....

C&CDean
1/22/2010, 10:29 AM
Some fag came up with that saying. Probably Richard Simmons.

SteelClip49
1/22/2010, 10:37 AM
no donut places in OKC???? hmmmmm

NormanPride
1/22/2010, 11:18 AM
Everything at the Blue Dome Diner rocks.

FTFY

TMcGee86
1/22/2010, 11:51 AM
When we head up to Skiatook to visit family, there are two things on my to-do list: Eat at Daylight and Mac's BBQ. There is a Korean donut store here in Abilene that is pretty good, but its not Daylught.

Jack and Jill's used to be really good. Basically the Abilene version of daylight.

I think they changed management or something and they went down hill.

I used to rampage the one at buffalo gap and chimney rock.

dammit i miss high school.

TMcGee86
1/22/2010, 11:52 AM
so why is there a sayin' real men don't eat Quiche??........cause I likes the hell out of it....

I guarantee you men would be proud to eat it if it was called scrambled egg pie like it should be.

stoopified
1/22/2010, 04:25 PM
THE KING says America runs on Dunkin.

Crucifax Autumn
1/22/2010, 05:14 PM
I guarantee you men would be proud to eat it if it was called scrambled egg pie like it should be.

Damn right! But I avoid the faggy thing by making it without a pie crust and calling it baked eggs with a bunch of **** in it.

Soonerwake
1/22/2010, 05:37 PM

I was a cop, therefore; I am an expert in this area. Donuts and the Grand Slam rule... Muffins suck...

SanJoaquinSooner
1/23/2010, 04:37 PM
Amy's Scones > doughnuts

http://zenfoodist.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/scones2.jpg

SoonerDood
1/23/2010, 08:29 PM
I have had some bad donuts and some really good muffins...

ROFL yes I remember.

Daylight Donuts FTW. Donuts in Virginia suck. It's the birthplace of Krispy Kream and all the New England transplants only know Dunkin. :(

colleyvillesooner
1/23/2010, 08:33 PM
Man, if only that picture of the scone was bigger so I could get a good look at it...