PDA

View Full Version : Shot in the Dark

BigTime1
1/21/2010, 09:44 AM
Ok lets see if we can come back and look at this after a while and see who the true talent evaluating genius' are. Who's your pick for the next Monmouth-Miles Austin type of player to be successful in the NFL.

Im really not sure if he's a long shot or not but...
My pick- Kendall Wright Baylor Bears
I think he can be successful and he has loads of talent. Im kind of biased because I was his high school coach but I think he can get it done. Also long story of why he's not at OU dont blame me I tried everything.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2010, 10:22 AM
Well Wright is a true sophmore and a little smallish but deceptively strong....As he polishes his game up, he is not really a long shot....

Since Monmouth is a 1-AA school(I think), let me give you some long shots for this year...

Billy Cundiff, QB, Ashland University- If he was built more like Bradford than Colt McCoy, he would be automatic draftee...just a little smallish...Had a down year statistically after throwing 37 TDs in 2008, but he threw 24 TDs and 1 INT this last season...thats good throwing against air

Shawn Leonard, URI....6'2 210 lb WR...800 yards and 11 TDs this last season...strong upper body will help against the NFL tight coverages...

AJ Jackson, Cal(Pennsylvania).......6'6 230 lb WR.....Very raw but already knows how to use his height and weight to his advantage...Could be this year's Barden...I hope he succeeds because his team mascot is for teh win!!....THEY ARE THE CAL VULCANS

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Indiana(Pennsylvania)...6'1 198 lb corner....another player with raw speed(legit 4.4) and ability...Could be a workout warrior and push himself into a 1st day draft pick.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2010, 10:29 AM
Another guy that is a long shot is Ryan Perriloux at Jackson State...lots of raw skill, strong arm..

BOOMERBRADLEY
1/21/2010, 10:39 AM
Brody Eldridge

BigTime1
1/21/2010, 10:46 AM
I agree Kendalls not a long shot my new pick...

Daniel Nichols-Rec-Southeastern Oklahoma

goingoneight
1/21/2010, 11:25 AM
Adron Tennell :P

:/ducks:

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2010, 11:29 AM
I agree Kendalls not a long shot my new pick...

Daniel Nichols-Rec-Southeastern Oklahoma

Now thats a good choice..6'3 200 lb wr.....do you have a projected 40 on him?

BigTime1
1/21/2010, 12:19 PM
No I don't but looking at the his numbers and awards its got to be pretty good. Lafell is what like a mid 4.5? I would assume it to be in there somewhere.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2010, 12:27 PM
I just talked to a scout that attended the Cactus Bowl practices and he is supposed to get some information on him...

He said that little Jerome Hewitt 5'5, 170 kr/wr made a lot noise at the CB...Hewitt has the SOSU school record 40 time...4.28

He probably won't get drafted but he is definitely on everybody's radar now

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/21/2010, 12:54 PM
heh, perriloux. can you consider someone who committed to texas, played at LSU, one of these players? i don't think i'd have ever thrown randy moss into this category.

Crucifax Autumn
1/21/2010, 12:59 PM
I'm leaning toward Ron Jeremy.

BigTime1
1/21/2010, 01:01 PM
good deal Im interested to know for sure and WOW 4.28 thats impressive enough in itself. With that speed even if undrafted youve got to think he could get a workout somewhere.

Crucifax Autumn
1/21/2010, 01:05 PM
_Rm44ULq0X0

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2010, 01:08 PM
heh, perriloux. can you consider someone who committed to texas, played at LSU, one of these players? i don't think i'd have ever thrown randy moss into this category.

Moss was an exceptionally gifted athlete..Perriloux, while having the measurables, has had more brain farts than Moss, and plays a position that requires a little more maturity than the WR position..I think Moss' career is evidence of that..

The people at Jackson State say he has grown up a lot but he was suspended once this last season for violating team rules...

The shot in the dark with the Myles Austin reference is I don't think is "will he be drafted," but will he turn into a darn good pro....

Crucifax Autumn
1/21/2010, 01:27 PM
I had more brain farts than all of them combined!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/21/2010, 02:11 PM
I had more brain farts than all of them combined!

i don't know, moss had so many he carried them around in dillard's bags.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2010, 02:18 PM
Moss was such a freak of nature...He coulda ended up at a vo-tech and been a 1st round pick

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/21/2010, 02:45 PM
Moss was such a freak of nature...He coulda ended up at a vo-tech and been a 1st round pick

isn't that kinda what happened?

Partial Qualifier
1/21/2010, 02:53 PM
_Rm44ULq0X0

Jake E. Lee, FTW

stoops the eternal pimp
1/21/2010, 02:57 PM
isn't that kinda what happened?

:D yeah....of course he had a pretty good college qb to throw to him over there at Marshall

pappy
1/21/2010, 03:00 PM
No I don't but looking at the his numbers and awards its got to be pretty good. Lafell is what like a mid 4.5? I would assume it to be in there somewhere.

Hey I'm good friends with daniel nichols and last year around this time the giants and packers came and worked him out, safety bernard daniel and the punter I forget what his name is but daniel ran a 4.6 at the time.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/3/2010, 03:24 PM
Well Wright is a true sophmore and a little smallish but deceptively strong....As he polishes his game up, he is not really a long shot....

Since Monmouth is a 1-AA school(I think), let me give you some long shots for this year...

Billy Cundiff, QB, Ashland University- If he was built more like Bradford than Colt McCoy, he would be automatic draftee...just a little smallish...Had a down year statistically after throwing 37 TDs in 2008, but he threw 24 TDs and 1 INT this last season...thats good throwing against air

Shawn Leonard, URI....6'2 210 lb WR...800 yards and 11 TDs this last season...strong upper body will help against the NFL tight coverages...

AJ Jackson, Cal(Pennsylvania).......6'6 230 lb WR.....Very raw but already knows how to use his height and weight to his advantage...Could be this year's Barden...I hope he succeeds because his team mascot is for teh win!!....THEY ARE THE CAL VULCANS

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Indiana(Pennsylvania)...6'1 198 lb corner....another player with raw speed(legit 4.4) and ability...Could be a workout warrior and push himself into a 1st day draft pick.

The only guy to end up with an invite was Owusu-Ansah and he didn't disappoint...measured up at 6'1 207 and ran the 4.47 I thought he could... did well in his drills and this shot in the dark could be making 1st round money

Scott D
3/3/2010, 05:15 PM
quit hatin' on my boy Bell.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/3/2010, 05:19 PM
I like Bell but he needed something better than that 4.65

Scott D
3/3/2010, 05:20 PM
Dude, he can so do what Mike Hart is doing right now.