PDA

View Full Version : Palin to campaign for McCain for Senate 2010

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/20/2010, 01:17 PM
Announced on local PHX radio. At first take, it's a stinker. Time will tell.

Crucifax Autumn
1/20/2010, 01:28 PM
She didn't seem to help him before...

soonerscuba
1/20/2010, 02:09 PM
Does McCain even need help? I always that he was very popular in AZ.

1/20/2010, 02:21 PM
She didn't seem to help him before...Just disappointed she's going to do it.

Crucifax Autumn
1/20/2010, 02:25 PM
I'm actually surprised as well. It seems to me she's more the type to latch onto a more right wing challenger.

1/20/2010, 02:26 PM
I'm actually surprised as well. It seems to me she's more the type to latch onto a more right wing challenger.No doubt. I guess she really does owe McCain, though.

Crucifax Autumn
1/20/2010, 02:31 PM
True enough, but you'd think principle would at least outweigh loyalty enough to just stay out of it. It could also be a bit of deflection from the reports of infighting during the campaign.

1/20/2010, 02:42 PM
True enough, but you'd think principle would at least outweigh loyalty enough to just stay out of it. It could also be a bit of deflection from the reports of infighting during the campaign.It's not good. She WILL help him win the primary. Plus, her support of McCain could sour the base on her political aspirations.

LosAngelesSooner
1/20/2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah...she'll **** off her base of all the crazies by being seen with an intelligent moderate.

It could be political suicide for her.

LOL

Soonrboy
1/20/2010, 03:41 PM
Does McCain know this?

fadada1
1/20/2010, 03:47 PM
just what i'd want... someone who lost a year ago, and someone who quit less than a year ago.

sounds like a winner.:rolleyes:

85Sooner
1/21/2010, 11:21 AM
Mccain needs to be one that is replaced. He has been there for nearly 30 years and "politics as usual" has only gotten worse. They have not been successful in changing that. Fresh blood is needed on both sides and needs to be held accountable. Matter of fact they should shut down washington and make these reps live in their districts and fly up to DC once a month for short sessions instead of living in that sea of corruption.

1/21/2010, 03:12 PM
Just heard that Palin will also be campaigning for Rick Perry in TX, and Michelle Bachmann in MN. That's more like it!

Crucifax Autumn
1/21/2010, 03:37 PM
McCain sold his soul long ago. He has managed to alienate conservatives and **** off liberals while somehow accomplishing the shocking and looking like a nut to moderates. That must have been hard to pull off, honestly, so he gets bonus points for being all wrong for all people!

SoonerNate
1/21/2010, 03:38 PM
She didn't seem to help him before...

Yes she did. She brought in most of his votes.

Crucifax Autumn
1/21/2010, 04:00 PM
Don't get me started...Seriously....The argument has been had too many times already.

1/21/2010, 05:27 PM
McCain sold his soul long ago. He has managed to alienate conservatives and **** off liberals while somehow accomplishing the shocking and looking like a nut to moderates. That must have been hard to pull off, honestly, so he gets bonus points for being all wrong for all people!I think she prolly agrees with that. I am puzzled by her backing him.

Scott D
1/21/2010, 06:06 PM
Mccain needs to be one that is replaced. He has been there for nearly 30 years and "politics as usual" has only gotten worse. They have not been successful in changing that. Fresh blood is needed on both sides and needs to be held accountable. Matter of fact they should shut down washington and make these reps live in their districts and fly up to DC once a month for short sessions instead of living in that sea of corruption.

this is by far the most well thought out and intelligent post you have made on this board not involving televisions. Kudos to you sir.

LosAngelesSooner
1/21/2010, 07:22 PM
Just heard that Palin will also be campaigning for Rick Perry in TX, and Michelle Bachmann in MN. That's more like it!
^^^ THIS!

I mean...at least she's representing insane, idiotic nutjobs of a similar stripe!

LosAngelesSooner
1/21/2010, 07:22 PM
Yes she did. She brought in most of his votes.
And scared off all of the moderates who would have voted for him and probably led him to victory.

A Sooner in Texas
1/21/2010, 07:31 PM

Hmmm...hard to tell how that will affect Perry's campaign. He and KBH are still polling pretty closely but there's now a third Republican, Debra Medina, whose star appears to be rising from her performance against both Gov. Goodhair and KBH in a recent televised debate.

1/21/2010, 07:40 PM
Supreme Court strikes down McCain-Feingold campaign finance restrictions law today. Interesting to hear Palin's take on that. I just think she is beholding to mcCain, and hope she wiggles out of his picture, ASAP

85Sooner
1/21/2010, 10:20 PM
^^^ THIS!

I mean...at least she's representing insane, idiotic nutjobs of a similar stripe!

Oh NEWS ALERT! She must be helping represent equity members out there as well.

Scott D
1/21/2010, 10:35 PM
Supreme Court strikes down McCain-Feingold campaign finance restrictions law today. Interesting to hear Palin's take on that. I just think she is beholding to mcCain, and hope she wiggles out of his picture, ASAP

Gotta love how public policy is bought and paid for even more...just a shameful act.

King Barry's Back
1/22/2010, 09:34 AM

That's kind of what they do.

Congress, when in session, normally meets four days per week. The House routinely meets Tues to Friday one week, then a normal weekend, then Mon to Thursday the next week. That's followed a four day break, resuming session again on Monday.

The Senate's official business always begins on Monday afternoon, and most fly back to DC on Monday morning, and return home on Thursday afternoon, or Friday, depending on when session ends.

Many will go back home every week -- especially Representatives that have to run every two years. Almost all will go back home, say, 80% or more of the weekends.

Exceptions are for AK and HI -- It just takes them to long to go home that often.

King Barry's Back
1/22/2010, 09:35 AM
Hmmm...hard to tell how that will affect Perry's campaign. He and KBH are still polling pretty closely but there's now a third Republican, Debra Medina, whose star appears to be rising from her performance against both Gov. Goodhair and KBH in a recent televised debate.

"Gov. Goodhair" -- you say that like it's a bad thing.