Does that nope mean nope to ECU?

Collier11
1/21/2010, 03:00 PM
Nope is going to ECU? Does that mean Chuck is coming back to Oklahoma? :D

OU-HSV
1/21/2010, 03:14 PM
Nope is going to ECU? Does that mean Chuck is coming back to Oklahoma? :D

I've been on the lookout...most I can find are these couple of stories:

GREENVILLE, North Carolina – Sources have confirmed to OKBlitz.com’s Toby Rowland that Oklahoma offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson is a finalist for the East Carolina head coaching position.

Wilson has already interviewed for the position, which became vacant last week after Skip Holtz left to coach South Florida. Sources have said that Wilson is one of three finalists, joined by former Texas Tech defensive coordinator Ruffin McNeil and current ECU offensive coordinator Steve Shankweiler.

Wilson was also a finalist for Louisiana Tech’s open position, but Arizona offensive coordinator Sonny Dykes – son of former Texas Tech head coach Spike Dykes – was named the new coach Wednesday.

East Carolina is expected to announce its new head coach sometime Thursday.

http://okblitz.com/Article.aspx?id=15300

And then this story which says Josh flew to check out the Minnesota OC position again. Wow...

Oklahoma offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson had an interesting day Wednesday.

In the morning, the Internet was ablaze that Wilson was virtually first in line for the head coaching vacancy at Louisiana Tech. By midday, word had gotten around that Tech was indeed planning on announcing its new coach.

Early in the afternoon, Wilson replied to a text message query that it wasn't him. Then, Louisiana Tech hired Arizona assistant Sonny Dykes.

Then, for Wilson, it started all over again with East Carolina.

Wilson didn't respond to another inquiry Wednesday night about his apparent candidacy for the ECU post, but the Daily Reflector, a newspaper in Greenville, N.C., that covers East Carolina sports, identified Wilson as one of four prime candidates for the job from which Middle Tennessee coach Rick Stockstill withdrew his name on Tuesday. A North Carolina television station also reported that Wilson would interview either Wednesday night or Thursday.

The other candidates to replace Skip Holtz at ECU, according to the Reflector, are Jacksonville Jaguars assistant and former Alabama head coach Mike Shula, former Texas Tech defensive coordinator and interim head coach (and ECU alum) Ruffin McNeill, and Pirates offensive coordinator Steve Shankweiler.

Wilson interviewed for the Louisiana Tech job in Ruston, La., on Tuesday, but soon after the school decided on Dykes, Wilson replied in a text message, "guess you guys are stuck with me."

A source also confirmed that OU quarterbacks coach Josh Heupel flew to St. Paul on Wednesday to interview for the offensive coordinator job at Minnesota. Heupel didn't reply to a text message. Heupel looked into the same job last year before Gophers coach Tim Brewster hired Jeff Fisch. Fisch resigned this week to work for Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks.

Wilson, 48, has an extensive North Carolina background. His hometown is Maiden, N.C., and he played football at the University of North Carolina. He also was an assistant at Winston-Salem State, North Carolina A&T and was head coach and athletic director at Foard High School.

Hired at OU as offensive line coach in 2002, Wilson was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2006 and in 2008 installed a fast-break, no-huddle scheme that set multiple NCAA records, including points scored, touchdowns and 50- and 60-point games.

If Wilson left, Bob Stoops would begin his 12th season at OU with his fifth offensive coordinator.

Holtz's base salary at East Carolina was $655,000 for 2010, although bonus incentives reportedly bump his compensation to more than $1 million annually. Last summer, after winning the Frank Broyles Award as major college football's top assistant coach, Wilson received a $100,000 pay increase that put his annual salary at $385,000.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100121_29_B3_Oklaho241197

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100121_29_B3_Oklaho241197

NorthernIowaSooner
1/21/2010, 03:52 PM
And then this story which says Josh flew to check out the Minnesota OC position again. Wow...

i read somewhere today that josh might be a candidtate for the open Arizona OC job

and now the link

http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildcatreport/2010/01/20/whats-mike-stoops-next-move-on-offense/

OU-HSV
1/21/2010, 04:26 PM
i read somewhere today that josh might be a candidtate for the open Arizona OC job

and now the link

http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildcatreport/2010/01/20/whats-mike-stoops-next-move-on-offense/

Wow, now that's an interesting thought as well.

I guess the bottom line is this, is Josh ready to be an O.C. If so, then one has to wonder whether Bob Stoops will try to keep Josh as O.C. if Kevin gets the ECU job.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/21/2010, 04:31 PM
id like to see josh get some sort of promotion to keep him around even if KW stays here. but seeing as josh went to arizona before and jumped back to OU when he could maybe he would just go out there and get some experience being a play caller and bounce back to OU when the OC job is open

Crucifax Autumn
1/21/2010, 04:38 PM
Asistant Coach Badass With a Ring has a nice...uh...ring.

JLEW1818
1/21/2010, 04:39 PM
Does that nope mean nope to ECU?

"nope" meaning that K. Wilson has not left OU yet. :D

OU-HSV
1/21/2010, 04:40 PM
id like to see josh get some sort of promotion to keep him around even if KW stays here. but seeing as josh went to arizona before and jumped back to OU when he could maybe he would just go out there and get some experience being a play caller and bounce back to OU when the OC job is open

Ditto

OU44life
1/21/2010, 04:41 PM
Ruffin McNeill is set to be named the head football coach at East Carolina, a source at ECU has told the Daily Reflector.

A 5 p.m. Board of Trustees meeting will confirm the hiring made by ECU athletic director Terry Holland.

McNeill, 51, replaces coach Skip Holtz, who left the ECU program last week to become the new head coach at South Florida.

McNeill, an ECU alum, most recently served as Texas Tech’s defensive coordinator.

He beat out Oklahoma offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson, who was Holland’s other finalist. Wilson interviewed with Holland in Greenville, N.C.
-JT

JLEW1818
1/21/2010, 04:43 PM
Ruffin McNeill is set to be named the head football coach at East Carolina, a source at ECU has told the Daily Reflector.

A 5 p.m. Board of Trustees meeting will confirm the hiring made by ECU athletic director Terry Holland.

McNeill, 51, replaces coach Skip Holtz, who left the ECU program last week to become the new head coach at South Florida.

McNeill, an ECU alum, most recently served as Texas Tech’s defensive coordinator.

He beat out Oklahoma offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson, who was Holland’s other finalist. Wilson interviewed with Holland in Greenville, N.C.
-JT

yep just read that

OU-HSV
1/21/2010, 04:44 PM

-JT

Well I'm starting to wonder what reason these schools see to not hire Kevin Wilson as a head coach.

Anyone kept tabs on how many H.C. interviews he's had in the past?

This is 2 in the last week...and 2 turn downs in the last week. You would think his overall resume would prove worthy of a H.C. job.

Collier11
1/21/2010, 04:50 PM
Well what we dont always hear is whether or not KW turned down the job or not, whether or not their personalities clashed, whether or not their philosophies clashed, it could be a lot of reasons

Widescreen
1/21/2010, 04:50 PM
He couldn't beat out McNeill? Seriously? What exactly has Ruffin McNeill done that's more impressive than KW? That surprises me big time. Maybe they were really wanting a black coach or something? Who knows.

JLEW1818
1/21/2010, 04:52 PM
idk but I've never seen a person sweat more than McNeill

OU-HSV
1/21/2010, 04:52 PM
Well what we dont always hear is whether or not KW turned down the job or not, whether or not their personalities clashed, whether or not their philosophies clashed, it could be a lot of reasons

Maybe so, but I would start thinking someone would be a fit...someone would want him as H.C. Oh well, no biggy. Just noticing a pattern of turn downs.

OU-HSV
1/21/2010, 04:53 PM
He couldn't beat out McNeill? Seriously? What exactly has Ruffin McNeill done that's more impressive than KW? That surprises me big time. Maybe they were really wanting a black coach or something? Who knows.

That's what I was wondering. Now I read a comment somewhere that said Ruffin was an ECU Alum. So maybe they're going the good 'ol boy alum route with this hiring. Weird though.

JLEW1818
1/21/2010, 04:55 PM
Wilson probably said something about the pistol formation...:rolleyes:

Collier11
1/21/2010, 04:55 PM
ECU alum and an charismatic African American coach in that region, it makes sense

NorthernIowaSooner
1/21/2010, 04:57 PM

bruce pearl has sweated through his suit a couple times, thats pretty sweaty, be quite the competition between the two

TheHumanAlphabet
1/21/2010, 04:57 PM

Ruffin is an ECU alum. Could have something to do with it.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/21/2010, 05:01 PM

Mad Dog?

Leroy Lizard
1/21/2010, 07:40 PM
Maybe they were really wanting a black coach or something?

BINGO!!!

Curly Bill
1/21/2010, 07:55 PM
Maybe they wanted the best man for the job?

ashley
1/21/2010, 08:20 PM
I have.

All the time.

I cannot count the number of times that I have slammed my hand down and said, "What the Hell did he call that for?!?!"

But after the game, I realize that my heat-of-the-moment, knee-jerk reactions were off base. Once I calm down, I realize that there must have been a good reason for calling what was run and that I just overreacted. Fans do that.

And I think that is the difference between you and me.

No s.....