PDA

View Full Version : Leatherheads

Soonerwolf
1/20/2010, 06:51 AM
Has anyone seen the movie "Leatherheads" with George Clooney, cheesy for the most part except for when the Chicago teams comes onto the field with the Oklahoma Fight Song playing . . .

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/20/2010, 08:57 AM
Has anyone seen the movie "Leatherheads" with George Clooney, cheesy for the most part except for when the Chicago teams comes onto the field with the Oklahoma Fight Song playing . . .

I would venture a guess that the melody of Boomer Sooner was borrowed. The lyrics were adapted for us.

I'm Sooner born, I'm Sooner bred
And when I die I'll be Sooner dead
Go Oklahoma! Go Oklahoma!
Go Oklahoma! O-K-U!!!

You know the other lyrics.:D

sjt
1/20/2010, 09:04 AM
It was taken from Yale's fight song, "Boola Boola". In the 1920's, the melody would have been more associated with Yale than OU.

jumperstop
1/20/2010, 09:07 AM
I would venture a guess that the melody of Boomer Sooner was borrowed. The lyrics were adapted for us.

I'm Sooner born, I'm Sooner bred
And when I die I'll be Sooner dead
Go Oklahoma! Go Oklahoma!
Go Oklahoma! O-K-U!!!

You know the other lyrics.:D

I'm a Sooner born and Sooner bred
and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead
Rah Oklahoma, Rah Oklahoma
Rah Oklahoma, OK U!

Fixed...:D

Widescreen
1/20/2010, 09:55 AM
Yeah I saw it. Completely unmemorable movie. The comedy was so old fashioned it was ridiculous. They actually had a keystone cops chase scene where the cops are getting ready to run through a door and Clooney slams the door on them. He opens it up and they're on the ground unconscious. I really expected to see stars or birds circling around their heads. Stupid.

sooneron
1/20/2010, 10:01 AM
Horrible idea, this film was...
http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.03/spotlight/officespace/images/samir/samir3.jpg

SoonerEMT
1/20/2010, 11:20 AM
It was taken from Yale's fight song, "Boola Boola". In the 1920's, the melody would have been more associated with Yale than OU.

Except for the fact that it also includes the part of the song that includes "Sooner Born & Sooner Bred and When I Die I'll be Sooner Bred" which was taken from Carolina's Tar Heel Bred... Only one song combines both the melodies of Boola Boola & Tar Heel Bred and that is Boomer Sooner .

Boomer Sooner is what plays in this movie.

Pricetag
1/20/2010, 02:23 PM
I like the part where Jim and George Clooney are getting ready to fight, and George gives him the first punch, and he knocks him silly.

sooner ngintunr
1/20/2010, 04:16 PM
I thought it was funny.