PDA

View Full Version : Gopokes thread (funny)

Leroy Lizard
1/20/2010, 02:35 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=181&f=2336&t=5484319

I heard Robert Allen say on the radio: "I know for a fact OU has a goal on their recruiting board..Take at least one commitment from OSU." I have never heard anything like this in recruiting. Seems odd even though a brother of OSU's head coach is one of their recruiters.

Collier11
1/20/2010, 03:14 AM
He not only is horrible at his job but he has always been a conspiracy theorist, what is sad is that alot of puke fans believe him

OUHOMER
1/20/2010, 06:01 AM
Seems like an easy goal. I would think a good percentage of local high school kids have osu somewhere on their list. hell, Switzer used to hoard players so tx couldnt get them.

Sooner in Tampa
1/20/2010, 06:39 AM
****ing goofballs...gooner is retarded...as well as they way they feel the need to put "uo"

They really do suffer from penis envy

Jacie
1/20/2010, 06:43 AM
Some gems . . .

edmondcowgirl was really on the ball when she posted:

They stocked up their bench with guys they didn't even use, just to keep them off our sidelines.

Actually, in the 70's, any school with a large enough athletic budget did this to keep players off the rosters of every school on their schedule.

She continues:

I guess there were days when scholarships were not as controlled as they are now, along with illegal booster activity down there which allowed this to happen.

Apparently she is too young to remember Hart Lee Dykes.

Then there was the rare voice of reason up north from swamppoke:

I really don't think Stoops pays attention to what/who OSU is recruiting.

And some common sense from skyfrye:

Sorry but with the scholly limits a team is not going to burn a scholarship just to "steal" a recruit.

And of course, there is never a shortage of optimism as voiced by AggieTruth:

A trend that oSu is catching up rapidly in and ou does not like it very much...part of the ORANGE STORM BUILDING

But my favorite is this one guy's signature:

Oklahoma St. Cowboys
9-3 (6-2), 2nd Big 12 - South Division

Oklahoma Sooners
7-5 (5-3), 4th Big 12 - South Division

And how many years did he have to wait to able to do that?

StoopTroup
1/20/2010, 06:45 AM
Mostly it's more likely that other recruits go somewhere besides aggie as to avoid the proverbial *** whooping they'll get every year in the Big XII from Oklahoma, +exas, tamu and ttu. Add a Nebraska to the schedule every now and again and hell...it's probably better to go to the SEC where you can play cupcakes.

:D

King Barry's Back
1/20/2010, 08:10 AM
Mostly it's more likely that other recruits go somewhere besides aggie as to avoid the proverbial *** whooping they'll get every year in the Big XII from Oklahoma, +exas, tamu and ttu. Add a Nebraska to the schedule every now and again and hell...it's probably better to go to the SEC where you can play cupcakes.

You are on the right track, ST. But the actual truth is that they shouldn't go to oSu, because there they will BE the cupcake.

DenverSooner751
1/20/2010, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE=Jacie;2819719]Some gems . . .

A trend that oSu is catching up rapidly in and ou does not like it very much...part of the ORANGE STORM BUILDING

QUOTE]

ORANGE STORM BUILDING? WTF man, the evolution of doosh every year up there never ceases to amaze me.

OKLA21FAN
1/20/2010, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=Jacie;2819719]Some gems . . .

QUOTE]

ORANGE STORM BUILDING? WTF man, the evolution of doosh every year up there never ceases to amaze me.

is this a play on words for 'team on the rise'? :pop:

CrimsonJim
1/20/2010, 10:06 AM

Oklahoma St. Cowboys

Oklahoma Sooners

He conveniently left out the little 27-0 part of that equation too. :D

TheHumanAlphabet
1/20/2010, 10:10 AM
[quote=Jacie;2819719]Some gems . . .

QUOTE]

Lets see, Orange Storm Building...

Greatest Offense in the Universe...

What else do they have???

TheHumanAlphabet
1/20/2010, 10:11 AM
He conveniently left out the little 27-0 part of that equation too. :D

What I was thinking. They post the best record they have ever done (sort of) and they still can't beat us! Ha!

sooneron
1/20/2010, 10:12 AM
I fixed the thread title above my post. ^

OUDoc
1/20/2010, 10:34 AM
I know for a fact Robert Allen is a ****.

I think I heard someone say that once.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/20/2010, 12:41 PM
"Avast ye swabs, batten the hatches, there be a ORANGE STORM a brewin'! ARRRRRRR!!!"

Now the pokes want to pirates....wtf, ' they hire Leach?

goingoneight
1/20/2010, 12:51 PM
Not like they don't copy everyone else in the conference.

badger
1/20/2010, 01:44 PM
Nah, we are taking a year off from taking a Poke commit (it's just gotten too easy to beat OSU so till we lose, we have new targets) and our new recruit stealin' target is... Kansas.

We win! (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100120_92_0_GeneoG982665)

Stoops shows extreme loyalty to his assistants... even after they leave :D

So look out Texas Tech. Whoever your top recruit is, we're after him, just to stick it to you the way you stuck it to Leach ;)

soonerloyal
1/20/2010, 02:12 PM
"Orange Storm Building": A quirky, mythical Oklahoma weather phenomenon that begins every August, then (Pistol) PETErs out quickly. It is common for the locals to begin discussing the next season's "storm" as soon as the annual sighting subsides, with predictions that each subsequent year will be "The Big One". Fortunately for the majority of the state, buildup almost never causes more than a tiny disruption in everyday activities.

See also: Stillwater Bigfoot sightings

:gary:

Wishboned
1/20/2010, 02:58 PM
So

Oklahoma St. Cowboys

Oklahoma Sooners

They are so happy about placing 2nd in the South. I guess that's the closest they'll ever get to the MNC.

And all over Stillwater the cries rang out, "WE'RE NUMBER 2! WE'RE NUMBER 2!"

silverwheels
1/20/2010, 03:47 PM
They might be the dumbest collective fanbase in the country, and it's all caused by how much more they hate OU than they actually like OSU. But then again, why would anyone like OSU?

Stitch Face
1/20/2010, 09:13 PM
ORANGE STORM BUILDING

Sounds like something an osu fan would build over their tornado cellar

Leroy Lizard
1/20/2010, 09:17 PM
Or the backdrop for a Tropicana commercial.

OUMonster
1/21/2010, 09:46 AM
"Orange storm building" is code for imminent diarrhea

KantoSooner
1/21/2010, 09:58 AM
"Orange Storm Building".
Well, yes. In a sense. OSU loses how many starters off of this year's squad? 18? I actually like OSU and enjoy the time I spend in Stillwater (business connected). Several of my friends went to aggie. I've dated a woman who was in school there (who shall remain nameless) and slept with several others (whose names I forget). It's all good.
But seriously. OSU is not rising, not for several years, at the earliest. Their entire program will need to be rebuilt from the ground up. And that will take time.
So I have absolutely no idea what they were talking about and must conclude that the post was from a parallel universe in which OSU is a good football program.
Yeah. That's it. Parallel Universe.

stoopified
1/21/2010, 11:26 AM
I think the pukes are more sad than funny.

MamaMia
1/21/2010, 11:46 AM
Instead of just taking one recruit from oSu, it would be fun to take two, however thats rather difficult due to the fact that they don't have a very good selection.

TopDawg
1/21/2010, 12:10 PM
Sounds like something an osu fan would build over their tornado cellar

Beat me to it. Yours was better, though. I was going to say something about their athletic village or whatever they're calling it.

OKLA21FAN
1/21/2010, 12:32 PM
Beat me to it. Yours was better, though. I was going to say something about their athletic village or whatever they're calling it.

the are currently calling it a 'field' just now :pop:

TopDawg
1/21/2010, 12:34 PM
Hahaha.

That's kinda what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if that was still the case. They locked up the brakes on that project when the economy tanked, right?

Crucifax Autumn
1/21/2010, 01:28 PM
But I thought they had an economy on the rise??????

goingoneight
1/21/2010, 06:36 PM
Interesting how when the fuel prices dropped, Ole T. Boone couldn't play around athletic village'n anymore.

oudivesherpa
1/21/2010, 07:25 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=181&f=2336&t=5484319

This isn't PC, but wtf, stealing poke recruits is like stealing your little brothers fat little girl friend with cheese fries just to make him cry.

Stitch Face
1/21/2010, 08:27 PM

the are currently calling it a 'field' just now :pop:

Oh, have they made progress? I thought it was stilled called "some Stillwater residents' homes."

Leroy Lizard
1/21/2010, 08:30 PM
No, they took care of the problem with the homes already.

okienole3
1/21/2010, 08:39 PM
Greg Swaim=sad

picasso
1/21/2010, 11:10 PM
Some gems . . .

edmondcowgirl was really on the ball when she posted:

They stocked up their bench with guys they didn't even use, just to keep them off our sidelines.

Actually, in the 70's, any school with a large enough athletic budget did this to keep players off the rosters of every school on their schedule.

She continues:

I guess there were days when scholarships were not as controlled as they are now, along with illegal booster activity down there which allowed this to happen.

Apparently she is too young to remember Hart Lee Dykes.

Then there was the rare voice of reason up north from swamppoke:

I really don't think Stoops pays attention to what/who OSU is recruiting.

And some common sense from skyfrye:

Sorry but with the scholly limits a team is not going to burn a scholarship just to "steal" a recruit.

And of course, there is never a shortage of optimism as voiced by AggieTruth:

Oklahoma St. Cowboys

Oklahoma Sooners

Edmondcowgirl is an idiot. It's scholarship restrictions that allowed oSu and k-state types to become competitive.

picasso
1/21/2010, 11:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/sooner/osuhypemachine.jpg

NMSooner'80
1/22/2010, 06:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/sooner/osuhypemachine.jpg

That's a classic bit of artwork, but also incredible true-to-life! :)

VA Sooner
1/23/2010, 08:05 PM
OSU takes a big hit this year with the number of guys graduating or leaving early. Will be interesting to see how they bounce back from this.

But not really...