PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Throwback....

SteelClip49
1/19/2010, 12:21 PM
yes I can definitely taste the difference compared to the HFCS crap.

Yay for Throwback real sugar soda!!! Retro is better!!! This also for a short time saves a trip to POPS.

badger
1/19/2010, 12:30 PM
I am trying to minimize soda during the workday (it just makes me too hyper), but I did get a chance to try Pepsi Throwback, Moutain Dew Retro (I think that's what they called it) and Dr. Pepper... Heritage?!?!

Of the three, Dr. Pepper is definitely the favorite. They have it here in Tulsa. Definitely check it out if you see in a store near you!

LilSooner
1/19/2010, 12:33 PM
Where in the heck is the Dr. Pepper one? Where are you guys finding this stuff?

StoopTroup
1/19/2010, 12:34 PM
I tried one last week. I've quit drinking soda/pop awhile ago though. I didn't really have the addiction to it I once had so I didn't really have anything to compare it to.

I thought it was OK....but I don't drink hardly any of it. I'd rather save myself for the more adult beverages and drink water until then. :D

RacerX
1/19/2010, 12:47 PM
http://www.bevreview.com/wp-content/image_heritagedrpepper1.jpg

badger
1/19/2010, 12:47 PM
Lil - look for this:
http://posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/spaceedge/JemerzFekfdjJrGkDvoHmAolzcDbaaBferqbEdFfaftzuvdcyA sFFAsrDoJo/IMG_0092.jpg
and this:
http://www.bevreview.com/wp-content/image_heritagedrpepper1.jpg

Like other sugar sodas that are getting reintro'd, it has a weird can too. I haven't seen bottles of DP yet, just cans.

RacerX
1/19/2010, 12:57 PM
I found 20oz bottles of the Pepsi at Target.

Crucifax Autumn
1/19/2010, 01:00 PM
I gotta try the Dr. Pepper! And the can thing won't be a big deal with DP since it is the one soda that tastes better in a can. More fizz for more intense DP heart attacks too.

StoopTroup
1/19/2010, 01:17 PM
Guess I will too.

I know many of you know about the Dublin Dr. Pepper at Pops. How's it compared to the Heritage?

LilSooner
1/19/2010, 01:25 PM
HOLY CRAP! Must find Dr. Pepper now!

Frozen Sooner
1/19/2010, 01:36 PM

You can't drink caffeine anyhow.

(It'll stunt your growth.)

SteelClip49
1/19/2010, 02:07 PM
yeah what is the difference between Heritage DP and Dublin DP? I have never seen the Heritage DP before.

soonerhubs
1/19/2010, 02:43 PM
Okay, I've seen none of this around Stilly, so does someone have locations that they see this at near Edmond, Guthrie (hell I'll even drive to OKC or Tulsa!)?

RacerX
1/19/2010, 03:12 PM
I saw the throwback pepsi and retro dew at Super Target (penn and memorial).

I have yet to see the heritage DP. I didn't know it existed until today.

SteelClip49
1/19/2010, 03:15 PM
I saw an article on it on yahoo that Heritage and Dublin are essentially the same but the "Heritage" name is more widely available than the Dublin type.

soonerboomer93
1/19/2010, 03:48 PM

I see a wheel chair in your future

LilSooner
1/19/2010, 04:10 PM

JUDOOOO CHOP to the ankles.

Anyways I do want I want and that includes drinking mah Dr. Pepper. It does not stunt growth as the spawn of Rhino is a freaking beast. I'm telling ya I'm growing a line backer.

Frozen Sooner
1/19/2010, 04:49 PM
Yeah? Zach Thomas was a linebacker. Just sayin'.

C&CDean
1/19/2010, 05:20 PM
JUDOOOO CHOP to the ankles.

Anyways I do want I want and that includes drinking mah Dr. Pepper. It does not stunt growth as the spawn of Rhino is a freaking beast. I'm telling ya I'm growing a line backer.

Chicken Express on Lindsey has Dublin Dr. Pepper on draft.

LilSooner
1/19/2010, 05:22 PM
Oh you have to be kidding me! We love that place!

C&CDean
1/19/2010, 05:27 PM
Then get your midgety butt over there and get you some. Drag baldy with you.

badger
1/19/2010, 05:41 PM
Quite frankly guys, I suggest looking in a gas station. I got my DP can at a convenience store in downtown Tulsa (it's Treats for those of you familiar with the area).

They now have bottle for the DP Heritage too. It's a red label like the non-diet DP.

jkjsooner
1/19/2010, 10:28 PM
Like other sugar sodas that are getting reintro'd, it has a weird can too. I haven't seen bottles of DP yet, just cans.

You know what would be cool, if they brought those back with the old pull tabs.

http://www.vestaldesign.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/chinesecoke_pulltabsm.JPG

I'm sure they were a pain for the guys picking up trash. I think the fact that I remember those probably shows my age.

Crucifax Autumn
1/20/2010, 07:47 AM
All the extra people needed to pick up trash would stimulate the economy!

mrubin
2/8/2010, 01:31 PM

here in OKC Dr Pepper is bottled by Coca-Cola bottlers. The Super Walmart in El Reno has DUBLIN Dr Pepper (imperial Sugar) in 6 pack cans only. The Heritage Dr Pepper can be found in places where the local PepsiCO bottlers can the Dr Pepper. It is running limited along with the Throwback Dew and Pepsi. Throwback is canned in Tulsa and Heritage Dr Pepper is available up there. Now why the throwback is available here in OKC but not Heritage Dr Pepper I don't know. If anyone knows where Heritage DR Pepper is available at inOKC let me know.

mrubin
2/8/2010, 01:35 PM
yeah what is the difference between Heritage DP and Dublin DP? I have never seen the Heritage DP before.

Dublin Dr Pepper is made with "Imperial brand cane sugar". heritage is made with real sugar, i.e. sugar from sugar beets

OUDoc
2/8/2010, 01:45 PM
I thought cane sugar was real sugar. :confused:

LilSooner
2/8/2010, 01:49 PM
Either way I can't find jack here in Norman :(

Partial Qualifier
2/8/2010, 02:21 PM
Chicken Express on Lindsey has Dublin Dr. Pepper on draft.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif Awesome! hadn''t been there in awhile.. this is good news

LilSooner
2/8/2010, 02:24 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif Awesome! hadn''t been there in awhile.. this is good news

Except they have been out the last few days which sucks major monkey balls.

Partial Qualifier
2/8/2010, 02:54 PM
Except they have been out the last few days which sucks major monkey balls.

Indeed. Good news travels fast? :D

Stitch Face
2/8/2010, 04:51 PM

Dublin DP has random quotes from James Joyce on the bottle. Collect them all!

yermom
2/8/2010, 05:11 PM
Valu Foods across the street had the 20oz bottles of Pepsi and Mt. Dew for $1 vs. the $1.38 at the East-side Walmart

mrubin
2/9/2010, 10:43 AM
I thought cane sugar was real sugar. :confused:

Yes it is real sugar (cane). I used the term real sugar since that is what the throwbacks and heritage dr peppers use on the cans. They can't say it's cane sugar because it's not. They use sugar obtained from the sugar beet.

here is what the last cans looked like I got in el reno. It says on it Imperial (pure cane) Sugar.

RacerX
2/20/2010, 08:55 PM
Tulsa - Walgreens - 12packs of Heritage DP.

Rhino should've picked some up for Lil.

LilSooner
2/20/2010, 09:15 PM
He did! But he brought me a 6 pack of the glass bottles.

RacerX
2/21/2010, 09:01 AM
Where did he get those?

and Hooray for Rhino!

LilSooner
2/21/2010, 09:59 AM
He bought them at the book signing on Friday night at Ida Red's on Brookside. It's at 3346 S. Peoria.