Indiana ~~~~ 1 loss
Mississippi ~~~ 1 loss
Navy ~~~~ 1 loss

There are other teams we lost to that NO longer play football

LINK
http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/big12/oklahoma/opponents.php

KantoSooner
1/19/2010, 10:43 AM
And then there are teams who should be scheduled simply because they deserve to be beaten in the manner one would beat the family mule. I nominate Boston College.
Why BC in particular?
Essentially because I had to endure long years of listening to their fans explain in tedious illogic why they would prevail.
But I prefer the more poetic, "Because they are BC".

oudivesherpa
1/19/2010, 11:20 AM
I would pick Illinois, they are below average team, with an above average rep in a large media market. I know Champaign is not a large media market, but they get coverage from all the Chicago media outlets. Besides, all of my family either went to the U of I or to Notre Dame and I'll get to shut the Notre Dame crew up in 2012.

Blues1
1/19/2010, 11:28 AM
These 3 teams shouldn't be that hard to schedule - Beat these 3 teams and we are down to ONLY 5 teams we have never beat ~~~ :)

Indiana
Illinois
Navy

KantoSooner
1/19/2010, 12:15 PM
And we know how Barry Switzer feels about Navy....

goingoneight
1/19/2010, 12:19 PM
We beat Dallas this weekend. :(

:D

SteelClip49
1/19/2010, 12:23 PM
OU has never played a Big Ten team under Stoops....why is that?

JLEW1818
1/19/2010, 12:26 PM
too slow for us!

goingoneight
1/19/2010, 12:51 PM
Because the BIG Ten doesn't exist anymore with 11 teams and all.

sooneredaco
1/19/2010, 01:11 PM
Because the Big 11 would rather schedule pansies for OOC games

Hot Rod
1/19/2010, 01:14 PM
Well, I'm glad we knocked the Vandals off that list!

okiedokie
1/19/2010, 01:56 PM
I wish that OU would play IL or Northwestern (again). Champaign is only a couple hrs drive and I have never been to an OU game outside of Norman.

Tigeman
1/19/2010, 02:18 PM
And unfortunately you'll never get Boise state again unless it's a bowl game IMO. We offered them to come here and they turned it down. I love how they cry that teams won't schedule them. Many teams, including us and USuC have tried to silence their belly aching. The problem is they think they deserve a home and home. Their the one's needing to prove something, so why would anyone else risk it. They need to realize the risk should only be on their part. The big schools have nothing to gain and everything to lose by scheduling a home and home. Of course it makes to good of story for ESPN, etc. to say how none of the big boys will play them. So you'll only ever hear that no one wants to play BOISE. It's not that.... it's that Boise St. doesn't want to step up. Which is why you'll never see them in a mNCG.

StoopTroup
1/19/2010, 02:24 PM
Give em the Home and Home and let's put an end to them running their mouths.

stoopified
1/19/2010, 03:28 PM
And we know how Barry Switzer feels about Navy....My guess would be that he has a soft spot for Navy since that was his other option to playing at Arkansas.

illinisooner
1/19/2010, 04:33 PM
I would love an Illinois/OU home and home...maybe even play the game in Chicago instead of Champaign?

Fraggle145
1/19/2010, 04:39 PM
How many teams are left that we have never played? I know UGA is one...

SPuL
1/19/2010, 05:29 PM
I know we have Navy schedule later this decade. So we can at least erase that

ndpruitt03
1/19/2010, 05:44 PM
How about the teams we never played? Georgia is one of them.

StoopTroup
1/19/2010, 06:07 PM
How about the teams we never played? Georgia is one of them.

Little brother took care of them.

Salt City Sooner
1/19/2010, 06:25 PM
I know we have Navy schedule later this decade. So we can at least erase that
It's Army that we have scheduled. Navy's not on there.

oupride
1/19/2010, 07:22 PM
I first thought this was a trick question, whereas some of these teams OU had NEVER played.

SPuL
1/19/2010, 10:42 PM
It's Army that we have scheduled. Navy's not on there.

whoopsss, good catch

OU_Sooners75
1/20/2010, 03:01 AM
Dont forget Bethany College (Kansas). OU is 0-2 against them.

Guess who Bethany's coach was? Bennie Owen. :eek:

OU_Sooners75
1/20/2010, 03:05 AM
And unfortunately you'll never get Boise state again unless it's a bowl game IMO. We offered them to come here and they turned it down. I love how they cry that teams won't schedule them. Many teams, including us and USuC have tried to silence their belly aching. The problem is they think they deserve a home and home. Their the one's needing to prove something, so why would anyone else risk it. They need to realize the risk should only be on their part. The big schools have nothing to gain and everything to lose by scheduling a home and home. Of course it makes to good of story for ESPN, etc. to say how none of the big boys will play them. So you'll only ever hear that no one wants to play BOISE. It's not that.... it's that Boise St. doesn't want to step up. Which is why you'll never see them in a mNCG.

If we can schedule Air Force to a Home and Home, surely we can schedule Boise State.

Sooner70
1/20/2010, 06:38 AM
That's odd....no Big 10 opponents in Stoops era.....must be a scheduling thing. For my money, I'd rather see us play Iowa, Ohio State or some of those vs. the likes of the Pac 10 teams and their goofy officiating rules....i.e. the Oregon debacle a few years back. (Was the Nike guy really in/near the replay official's booth for that onside kick ruling?)

MichiganSooner
1/20/2010, 09:54 AM
Give em the Home and Home and let's put an end to them running their mouths.

Agreed. And when we give them the game in Norman, we pay them what we got paid by them for playing in Ideehoo.

76soonergrad
1/20/2010, 12:56 PM
That's odd....no Big 10 opponents in Stoops era.....must be a scheduling thing. For my money, I'd rather see us play Iowa, Ohio State or some of those vs. the likes of the Pac 10 teams and their goofy officiating rules....i.e. the Oregon debacle a few years back. (Was the Nike guy really in/near the replay official's booth for that onside kick ruling?)

I think OU is scheduled with a Home & Home vs. Ohio State 2013-14.

goingoneight
1/20/2010, 01:06 PM
But... but... Stoops will have taken at least three NFL gigs and four college jobs by then!

Salt City Sooner
1/20/2010, 01:55 PM
I think OU is scheduled with a Home & Home vs. Ohio State 2013-14.
'16 & '17. We have Notre Dame ('12 & '13) & Tennessee ('14 & '15) in between then.