PDA

View Full Version : Who has the Best Chance (NFL)

JLEW1818
1/16/2010, 01:06 PM
seen this question..

gaylordfan1
1/16/2010, 01:22 PM
I take it Broyles stock is already high? He can/will raise his stock next year.... maybe more than the others.

JLEW1818
1/16/2010, 01:23 PM
hard question really..

i think Jeremy could be a first rounder next year ... i think right now he is late 2, early 3rd..

CaliBornSoonerBred
1/16/2010, 01:32 PM
I think Beal will help his stock next year and crack the 1st round but Broyles has a chance to become an elite receiver this next season so for that fact, I think Broyles has the best chance to improve his stock and become a possible top 15 pick

JLEW1818
1/16/2010, 01:32 PM
i can't argue with that... i hope he is one!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/16/2010, 01:35 PM
I would say Travis Lewis , his isn't a physical barrier, it's a toughness barrier.. Not saying he will, but IMO, the easiest barrier to break

CaliBornSoonerBred
1/16/2010, 01:38 PM
it is a tough question to answer on all these guys but do any of you really see Demarco getting into the top half of the second or even first round with a healthy, productive year? I really don't see him being able to improve his stock that much unless he has some ridiculous 1800 yard year

gaylordfan1
1/16/2010, 01:57 PM
Well, it seems in years past he (Murray) has been rehabing a injury during the spring/summer. With the most recent recovery he put on a lot of upper body weight and thickened up. Maybe this spring he tones down a bit and works on gaining a step from 09. He is a workout freak, with him I think anythings possible.

JLEW1818
1/16/2010, 02:05 PM
check him out his freshman year

1:31 is what we really need from him this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zIVl4CaSEo

Curly Bill
1/16/2010, 02:47 PM
Travis Lewis can get bigger and stronger, to pair with his speed.

I think the others pretty much already are what they are, not that they can't get better as well. I just don't think they can improve as much.

rawlingsHOH
1/16/2010, 02:58 PM
I took Lewis, because I think his game is closest to the prototype. He just needs to improve.

Broyles is still going to be small. Beal is still going to lack ideal size/speed. Murray is, I think, a role player, special teams contrib.

Spray
1/16/2010, 03:42 PM
Murray is, I think, a role player, special teams contrib.

This is actually why I went with Murray, because I think that's where he stands now (throw in the durability question)- I think he still has the most to prove. If he can prove it- he increases his stock the most. In the end, I still think he is not going to be an everydown back in the NFL. Could fill a Chester Taylor-type role.

starrca23
1/16/2010, 06:22 PM
I picked Ryan...I think Wes Welker paved the way for a guy with his skills.

Theskipster
1/16/2010, 06:44 PM
Murray. I really liked the way Murray ran this year when the o-line gave him a chance to do something. With a more experienced line and no injury to recover from, he'll greatly increase his stock. There is a good chance he'll set the OU career running record this year.

It should probably be Beal, but for some reason, people still see the 2008 Murray as the 2009 Murray and Murray has a chance to change that perception. People know Beal is already an incredible player.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/16/2010, 07:37 PM
I would like to see Ryan Broyles matched up with a corner that is going to actually play him physical...Some people say Wes Welker or Deshaun Jackson as comparisons as smallish receivers, but both of those guys can handle bigger physical dbs to get open

stoops the eternal pimp
1/16/2010, 07:44 PM
Travis Lewis can get bigger and stronger, to pair with his speed.

I think the others pretty much already are what they are, not that they can't get better as well. I just don't think they can improve as much.

See, he can do both of those things, but it wont make him tougher...he has to stay with the play even though somebody puts a hat on him...not give up and fight through it...like jkm and I have both stated, he can make a big play everytime a blocker misses an assignment..and then celebrate it like its nobody's business.....

Classic example was in the sun bowl..on one of gerharts touchdowns, a slot receiver blocks him and he still had a chance to make a play..instead he just sticks his hand out like thats gonna do a bit of good..

Later on in the game in the RZ, gerhart runs a dive play and the fullback takes on reynolds and lewis had a free shot, and he took TG down easily...

EstablishedSooner1967
1/16/2010, 10:06 PM
Broyles

Beal

Lewis

Murray

in that order will be good in NFL... Murray has a lot to show next year as of now he would not make one starting spot on any nfl team.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/16/2010, 10:49 PM
well, if we are going to change the question from what the OP asked about who will raise their draft stock the most by coming back to who would make the best pro, I don't know...

Broyles is a great college football player, but as I watch Mark Clayton struggle to get open against the big physical corners of the NFL, I would think that Broyles might have the same problem...Last night watching the Sun Bowl again, Stanford rarely touched him coming off the LoS and just let him run free..that doesnt happen much in the NFL..