PDA

View Full Version : Chris Wilson offered Miss. State D Coordinator job..

stoops the eternal pimp
1/15/2010, 12:42 PM
and O State gonna hire Houston's O Coordinator...interesting move

Soonerman08
1/15/2010, 12:51 PM
and O State gonna hire Houston's O Coordinator...interesting move

Link?

Boomer.....
1/15/2010, 12:54 PM
On the Sports Animal.

badger
1/15/2010, 12:56 PM
Link here (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100115_92_0_OKLAHO768530)

goingoneight
1/15/2010, 01:00 PM
That would be OUr ST coordinator everyone wants fired. If only Chris woulda just kicked a few more FGs, some might not be so happy to see him leave. :rolleyes:

Obviously, DC is a great position. Opposed to STC, yeah. But, like the Muschamp situation... how long will it be before he has a shot to move up in the program he's currently at? BV is another guy some of our fans are too spoiled to like, and he's right at about that age you'd expect he might start looking into HC oppurtunities a little more. If Snyder re-retires, that's long been rumored to be BV's job to lose.

I wasn't aware that OSU needed an OC, being the world's most powerful offense and all.

rawlingsHOH
1/15/2010, 01:03 PM
Good for Chris!

Hopefully none of his recruits are turned off by this.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/15/2010, 01:12 PM
That would be OUr ST coordinator everyone wants fired. If only Chris woulda just kicked a few more FGs, some might not be so happy to see him leave. :rolleyes:

Obviously, DC is a great position. Opposed to STC, yeah. But, like the Muschamp situation... how long will it be before he has a shot to move up in the program he's currently at? BV is another guy some of our fans are too spoiled to like, and he's right at about that age you'd expect he might start looking into HC oppurtunities a little more. If Snyder re-retires, that's long been rumored to be BV's job to lose.

I wasn't aware that OSU needed an OC, being the world's most powerful offense and all.

this was the first year he's been the ST coordinator and personally, i saw a TON of improvement from last year. i'd also say that right now, DE is the one position where we are just stacked with talent year in/year out.

cvsooner
1/15/2010, 01:25 PM
This is a big loss for the program and coaching staff. Good luck, Chris.

rawlingsHOH
1/15/2010, 01:58 PM
this was the first year he's been the ST coordinator and personally, i saw a TON of improvement from last year. i'd also say that right now, DE is the one position where we are just stacked with talent year in/year out.

This was his 3rd year as the special teams coach.

VA Sooner
1/15/2010, 02:06 PM
And the coaching carousel continues...

TheHumanAlphabet
1/15/2010, 02:13 PM

They gonna be looking more like TTech than anything else...2 people to LosuR from Houston with ties to Leach ball. Klingsbury and the OC. Gundy's most powerful offense in the world must need some treaking...

JLEW1818
1/15/2010, 02:16 PM
so who we bringing in?

BigTime1
1/15/2010, 02:17 PM
So now do we get both Jeffcoats?

BoomerSooner88
1/15/2010, 02:27 PM
Rivals reported something about this..

Reports are starting to circulate that OU defensive ends coach Chris Wilson may be leaving for a co-coordinator position at Mississippi State. SoonerScoop.com Editor Carey Murdock says OU flirted with hiring five-star defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat's father, Jim Jeffcoat, once before. Could Stoops tab the elder Jeffcoat to replace Wilson this time around? And what could that mean for OU and Jackson?

This would mean that basically the Jeffcoat family would become a Sooner family...Jeffcoats sister, Jeffcoats father, and most likely Jeffcoat...This will be interesting to see what happens..

BigTime1
1/15/2010, 02:35 PM
I say take advantage of an opportunity when it presents itself.

landrun
1/15/2010, 03:22 PM

Reports are starting to circulate that OU defensive ends coach Chris Wilson may be leaving for a co-coordinator position at Mississippi State. SoonerScoop.com Editor Carey Murdock says OU flirted with hiring five-star defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat's father, Jim Jeffcoat, once before. Could Stoops tab the elder Jeffcoat to replace Wilson this time around? And what could that mean for OU and Jackson?

This would mean that basically the Jeffcoat family would become a Sooner family...Jeffcoats sister, Jeffcoats father, and most likely Jeffcoat...This will be interesting to see what happens..

I'm not sure I would want to get Jeffcoat that way.
That didn't work out too well for Nutt and Arkie. It may introduce some unique issues and circumstances to the program that we'd be better off without having to deal with.

It *might*. I'm just saying there is potential there for some problems.

stoopified
1/15/2010, 03:26 PM
This was his 3rd year as the special teams coach.That is what I was thinking,and who is gonna coach DEs now?

stoopified
1/15/2010, 03:31 PM
That didn't work out too well for Nutt and Arkie. It may introduce some unique issues and circumstances to the program that we'd be better off without having to deal with.

It *might*. I'm just saying there is potential there for some problems.Worked out OK in basketball for us when we gave William Tisdale a b-ball schollie and hired the BTW coach Mike Mims as an assistant.We ended up with a pretty decent ballplayer named Wayman.

Leroy Lizard
1/15/2010, 03:38 PM
It works better in basketball because one player can have a much bigger impact on the game? Football? The position of defensive ends coach is too important to chance on a single recruit.

Partial Qualifier
1/15/2010, 03:58 PM

It *might*. I'm just saying there is potential there for some problems.

there is a potential but this is after all, an NFL veteran of 15 seasons, superbowls, and he's been a successful coach. This dude was a badass, anything but a primadonna, not some doosh like that whats-his-face QB's dad. And Nutt was a fool for letting that mess get out of hand in the first place.

SoonerMom2
1/15/2010, 04:27 PM
there is a potential but this is after all, an NFL veteran of 15 seasons, superbowls, and he's been a successful coach. This dude was a badass, anything but a primadonna, not some doosh like that whats-his-face QB's dad. And Nutt was a fool for letting that mess get out of hand in the first place.

There is no comparison with Nutt and the quarterback to Jeffcoat. If we could get him as the defensive end's coach, that would be AWESOME. I loved to watch him play and would love to see him coach our defensive ends. Our defense would only get better IMHO!

TheHumanAlphabet
1/15/2010, 05:16 PM
If we take Jeffcoat off the Houston staff, Sumlin won't have much left...

MichiganSooner
1/15/2010, 07:23 PM
MichiganSooner will take the job. That way, I'll be able to go to all home and away games and get paid for it. And get to yell at refs. And make players run stairs and....I'll take the job!!

PLaw
1/16/2010, 02:57 PM

HMMM, let me think about this for . . . about 2 seconds . . . then HIRE JIM!

BOOMER