PDA

View Full Version : Boise State to White House (WTF)

Blues1
1/14/2010, 10:02 PM
SOMEBODY ~~Give me a Break ~~~~:eek:

Hatch to Obama: Invite Boise State to White House
Posted on: January 14, 2010

Capping yet another strange day in college football: Trumping Ari Fleischer's BCS p.r. bum rush, Orrin Hatch is asking the president to invite Boise State to the White House (plus Alabama).

Got to give The Hatcher credit. If Obama doesn't invite Boise, he is painted as part of the vast left-wing BCS conspiracy.

That gives me an idea. Maybe the Boise wins the White House Trophy for aggrieved non-BCS programs. Some sculptor could put together some kind "huddled masses" trophy.

Hatch is a political animal. Obama's answer will be significant.

LINK
http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/19573433

soonerhubs
1/14/2010, 10:08 PM
On a bright note: He's not Al Franken.

Sabanball
1/14/2010, 10:10 PM
What is it with Orin Hatch? Hell, he doesn't even represent Idaho in the senate.

sooner59
1/14/2010, 11:22 PM
So is college football turning into tee ball? Does everyone get a trophy for participation? I have said that I am in favor of a playoff, but until that happens, there is only ONE champion: The team that wins the BCS NC game and leaves with the crystal ball. SUC didn't think it was fair and claims the "AP" championship from '03. Now Boise might get to make a trip to the White House along with the "actual" champion? Weak sauce.

OUinFLA
1/14/2010, 11:25 PM
Smurf fetish

soonerspudman
1/15/2010, 12:24 AM
I can tell you from living up here that Boise State would not go, the whole program seems to understand the difference between what they accomplished this year and what they did not accomplish.

OKC-SLC
1/15/2010, 01:42 AM
I want a motherfocking ribbon, too.

OUstud
1/15/2010, 02:03 AM
There's a Nobel joke in here somewhere...

Widescreen
1/15/2010, 09:39 AM
What is it with Orin Hatch? Hell, he doesn't even represent Idaho in the senate.

That was my first thought too. I'm guessing he's just representing the mistreated Utes from prior years and doing it by proxy.

Jello Biafra
1/15/2010, 09:43 AM
why don't we send an email to Horin Snatch and see if he can get those mother f'ers to stop dodging our home and home offer.
you wanna play with the big boys, start playing meaningful games away from home.

VA Sooner
1/15/2010, 09:51 AM
This was one of the reasons that Obama wanted a playoff system for college football.

Jello Biafra
1/15/2010, 09:55 AM
This was one of the reasons that Obama wanted a playoff system for college football.

screw him and the blue man group....they both have bigger fish to fry.

one has the financial stability of the free world to fix. the other has.....a state to

clean up or something.

soonerhubs
1/15/2010, 12:15 PM
why don't we send an email to Horin Snatch and see if he can get those mother f'ers to stop dodging our home and home offer.
you wanna play with the big boys, start playing meaningful games away from home.

I have a cousin who said this didn't happen. I didn't want to argue with him without some evidence so I've spent a couple weeks looking for a source on this. Any chance you could hook me up?
TIA

boomersooner28
1/15/2010, 04:45 PM
THEY BETTER TAKE COWBELL GIRL TOO! :D

JLEW1818
1/15/2010, 04:47 PM
THEY BETTER TAKE COWBELL GIRL TOO! :D

:eek: :pop:

Jello Biafra
1/15/2010, 04:48 PM
I have a cousin who said this didn't happen. I didn't want to argue with him without some evidence so I've spent a couple weeks looking for a source on this. Any chance you could hook me up?
TIA

i dont remember where i read this but it was about a month after we lost to them in the bowl game. yeh, they rejected our offer to allow them to play a game on a real field.