PDA

View Full Version : Any Former (mid-70s) Pride Members...

SbOrOiNaEnR
1/14/2010, 06:33 PM
...know what year you would've played the following tracks?

Barnum and Bailey's Favorite March
South Rampart Street Parade
T.S.O.P.
Exodus from the "Ten Commandments"
The Way We Were
And When I Die
La Virgin de la Macarena
Take Me Home Country Roads
Celebrate (I Just Want To)
Offeratory from the "Bertstein Mass"

The reason I ask is because I opened up a box of LPs at work today, and right on top were two Pride albums from the 70s. One is '76 for sure, and the other (with the above tracks) is undated...although it's a Coach album, the assistant band director is Gary K. Stollsteimer, and Joe Washington is on the cover. There's also a very nice message from Switzer on the back.

There's a roster on the back of the '76 albums. I could take pictures if anyone's interested.

Jacie
1/14/2010, 06:54 PM
A long time GF of mine was in the Pride for a season, would have been 73 I think. She played one of those really small flutes. She related to me about being embarrassed at the Texas game because she had to line up with the tubas when they ran out on the field at the Cotton Bowl and she felt silly carrying her tiny instrument next to them.

TUSooner
1/14/2010, 07:17 PM
Here's a non-response. I didn't go to OU, but some of my Moore HS '75 bandmates did.
In other words, I got nuthin....
Good luck though!
SRSLY

Soonersince57
1/15/2010, 10:35 AM
I'm on that '76 album. I think the the songs you listed may have been 2-3 years before that.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/15/2010, 11:28 AM
'78 here, we played a few, but not all. I think it is before '76, definitely before '78. Thrailkill's first year was 1971.

Jello Biafra
1/15/2010, 11:53 AM
when did you guys play "flight of the bumblebee" ?

o wait maybe im thinkin "drumline"