PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Clausen the most Nfl ready underclassmen qb in nfl history- what a joke!

SCxxSOONER
1/14/2010, 05:01 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

read the paragraph about how good clausen is. Its quite humorous

ndpruitt03
1/14/2010, 05:03 PM
Claussen had 2 great WRs who are going to be good pros. Some good TEs and above average running backs and a good offensive head coach running the offense. If he gets all of those in the NFL he has a shot. But a lot of what he did at ND was just throw it up to Golden Tate and he made some great catches and broke tackles and went the distance.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/14/2010, 05:04 PM
umm i'd take brady quinn

Collier11
1/14/2010, 05:04 PM
Can Clausen throw more than 15 yds down field accurately, Quinn sure as heck cant

JLEW1818
1/14/2010, 05:07 PM
"Best Junior ready qb in NFL history"

JR

and i disagree... but Walter makes me money!

SCxxSOONER
1/14/2010, 05:10 PM
He did have a good td/int ratio (28/4) but come on the dude was never a star, he was so hyped out of highschool and then never really panned out to be a star in my mind, plus he was never a winner. I dont think hes top 10 pick much less the number 1 pick, i think you build a football team with the O line and D line i would take Suh no brainer

JLEW1818
1/14/2010, 05:11 PM
lol.. how good would he have been at OU/ut??

i don't really care to know...

stoops the eternal pimp
Matt is relying to much on stats there but he always does and thats ok...

JLEW1818
Matt is relying to much on stats there but he always does and thats ok...

would u also consider Bradford a stat guy?

SCxxSOONER
1/14/2010, 05:19 PM
On the flip side i would love to see Gresham go to the Pats and play with Brady. would be fun to watch

SCxxSOONER
1/14/2010, 05:20 PM
I went to draftdebacled.com and in some cases going in the 2nd-3rd rd i was pleasantly surprised.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2010, 05:21 PM
Stats don't mean much to me..Are the receivers running NFL routes...How many reads are there actually to go through or is it a basic 2-man?...etc...

If I had to pick one to start an NFL game this season, I would probably pick Clausen depending on what offense was being ran...I really like the way Bradford stands in the pocket vs Clausen, better field vision, played against a few better teams...

Clausen probably can fit the ball into a tighter window than Bradford...

Clausen didn't play against very good defenses this season..Bradford didn't in 2008 either..

Both have a lot of work to do. IMO, Bradford doesnt have as much upside as stafford, but I think he has more than clausen..

JLEW1818
1/14/2010, 05:23 PM
what about J. Russell in Oakland...

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2010, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't doubt Buffalo taking Clausen at 9

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2010, 05:26 PM
what about J. Russell in Oakland...

bitch

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/14/2010, 05:28 PM
Stats don't mean much to me..Are the receivers running NFL routes...How many reads are there actually to go through or is it a basic 2-man?...etc...

If I had to pick one to start an NFL game this season, I would probably pick Clausen depending on what offense was being ran...I really like the way Bradford stands in the pocket vs Clausen, better field vision, played against...

Clausen didn't play against very good defenses this season..Bradford didn't in 2008 either..

Both have a lot of work to do. IMO, Bradford doesnt have as much upside as stafford, but I think he has more than clausen..

interesting take. to me, bradford has more soft skills as a QB than anyone i can remember. he makes receivers appear better than they really are by putting the ball in just the right spot to maximize their chance at the reception and more importantly yards after catch.

however, whether this translates to the NFL is a crapshoot.

SCxxSOONER
1/14/2010, 05:31 PM
I was just never impressed w? clausen at any point in his 3 yrs at notre Dame he never seemed like a leader and never really did a whole lot on the field except heave up hail marys, played against some very average defenses too.

Collier11
1/14/2010, 05:32 PM

If I had to pick one to start an NFL game this season, I would probably pick Clausen depending on what offense was being ran...I really like the way Bradford stands in the pocket vs Clausen, better field vision, played against a few better teams...

Look what Bradford did against ut and fla, they both have really good defenses. It can be argued that against florida both of his ints should have been caught, although it could also be argued that he forced both. Point being, he played well against both teams

Collier11
Im goin to Vegas bitches

JLEW1818
I wouldn't doubt Buffalo taking Clausen at 9

so are u saying Washington has Bradford as their number 1 qb in the draft?

Collier11
1/14/2010, 05:33 PM
interesting take. to me, bradford has more soft skills as a QB than anyone i can remember. he makes receivers appear better than they really are by putting the ball in just the right spot to maximize their chance at the reception and more importantly yards after catch.

He is being compared to Brady, ill take it

Collier11
1/14/2010, 05:33 PM
so are u saying Washington has Bradford as their number 1 qb in the draft?

everything I have read has Wash wanting Bradford, who knows what shanahan will want to do though

JLEW1818
1/14/2010, 05:38 PM
i think Wash will take him. have had the feeling since day 1!

SCxxSOONER
1/14/2010, 05:42 PM
Bradford > Clausen

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2010, 05:47 PM

If I was to compare his soft skills to another (at-the-time) college qb, it would be Brian Brohm from Louisville..Similar build, similar skill set, and made some ok WR's at UL look pretty darn good...

I think the success Bradford or Clausen either one will depend more on the type of offense they go into than the player...I think Bradford will have a lot harder time fitting that window than Clausen will...at least for a season or 2...

Anyway, read this writeup of Brohm someone did and tell me who it sounds like

Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
Brohm is a coach's dream. He could've been the #1 pick last season before electing to return to college, so he's definitely pro-ready. What he's gained from being in a family of quarterbacks and by learning more under Bobby Petrino, Brohm has developed into the top quarterback prospect in the 2008 class. Some think he is a product of a pass-happy offense, but check him out on tape and you'll eat those words quickly.
Brohm has all of the tools to be a franchise quarterback. He has the size and the big arm to go with it. More importantly, he knows how to use it. Whether it is to throw a bullet over the middle, a fade route to the corner, or the home run ball. He won't scramble for twenty yards, but he can move well enough and can get you a rushing touchdown or two.

On top of his physical skills are his football knowledge and his headiness, so he makes few mistakes and he's willing to learn and get better.

There is one knock on him. Durability may be a concern, as he had injury problems in 2005 and 2006, though he has rebounded from his injuries well.

Overall, despite the potential injury concerns, Brohm's makeup makes him a can't miss prospect, because whoever drafts him won't have him on the pine for long.

Collier11
1/14/2010, 05:50 PM
while a low pick, im not convinced yet that Brohm cant be a good NFL qb either. I think there is a better chance at this point of Brohm being a solid starter than Clausen, is that crazy?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2010, 05:50 PM
He is being compared to Brady, ill take it

Thats nice...cept every draft year, some quarterback is being compared to brady just like some player in the nba draft is being compared to dirk, lebron or kobe.....

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2010, 05:54 PM
while a low pick, im not convinced yet that Brohm cant be a good NFL qb either. I think there is a better chance at this point of Brohm being a solid starter than Clausen, is that crazy?

Oh I can see that..Brohm went to green bay and much like Aaron Rodgers, nobody thought he could play as well as he has because he sat on the bench so long...he definitely could...

Not knocking Bradford in anyway and unlike Brohm, will most likely be a 1st rounder....I think Bradford is better in the pocket than both of them...

Collier11
1/14/2010, 05:55 PM
Well obviously im biased but if Bradford can stay healthy I see him being very successful in the NFL. Any little bit of physical attributes that he may lack compared to Clausen he makes up in intelligence

CU Sooner
1/14/2010, 06:07 PM
Why do they all say he Sam has run an offense based out of the shotgun. I thought the offense was pretty good about being under center quite a bit until he hurt his wrist last year. This year was different but he also didn't play. If these "so-called" experts talk about the offense he ran they should look at his film and not the schools film from that year he didn't play. I think Sam has more experience in a pro set than most others out there.

sooneredaco
1/14/2010, 06:10 PM
I saw a mock draft that had Tebow projected as being the 1st QB taken. Let me find the link..... oooh wait sorry that was a summer flag football league thingy I was looking at.

But on a serious note has anybody seen where Jesus & Pony Boy are projected?

SunnySooner
1/14/2010, 06:11 PM
i think Wash will take him. have had the feeling since day 1!

I remember you saying this, J, I hope you're wrong just because it's such a crappy situation and their owner is such a nutjob.

BTW, I nominate Ronnell as the player you should be obsessed with next year. Didja already have someone picked out?:D

JLEW1818
1/14/2010, 06:13 PM
I'd say Sam looks pretty good under center right here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FVvE8yEWtk

JLEW1818
1/14/2010, 06:14 PM
I remember you saying this, J, I hope you're wrong just because it's such a crappy situation and their owner is such a nutjob.

BTW, I nominate Ronnell as the player you should be obsessed with next year. Didja already have someone picked out?:D

If RJ and Stoops pays me enough, i might give RJ another year ...

ndpruitt03
1/14/2010, 06:21 PM
I watched about 7 or 8 ND games this year. I'm more impressed with Golden Tate than any player on their roster. I think there's a chance Tate will be a star in the NFL from this draft. Whoever gets him gets a steal most likely because he won't be drafted top 10 or 15 or maybe even 20.

starclassic tama
1/14/2010, 06:26 PM
this is the first time i've seen bradford's arm strength being questioned. i'm thinking this guy is just saying that so he can appear ahead of the curve if bradford's shoulder is a problem. both todd mcshay and mel kiper have said that bradford has a really underrated arm and that arm strength isn't a question.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/14/2010, 06:34 PM
If I was to compare his soft skills to another (at-the-time) college qb, it would be Brian Brohm from Louisville..Similar build, similar skill set, and made some ok WR's at UL look pretty darn good...

I think the success Bradford or Clausen either one will depend more on the type of offense they go into than the player...I think Bradford will have a lot harder time fitting that window than Clausen will...at least for a season or 2...

Anyway, read this writeup of Brohm someone did and tell me who it sounds like

its a good match and the point that brohm ended up in a decent situation can't be lessened either. if bradford ends up in a bad situation i could see him not doing so hot. hopefully it won't be like baltimore where i swear mason has photos of flacco (falco) blowing a goat.

TUSooner
1/14/2010, 07:12 PM
This made me laugh:

Colt McCoy is a poor man's version of Kyle Orton... and Jevan Snead's passes are just as accurate as Shayne Graham's kicks.

yankee
1/14/2010, 07:22 PM
I'd say Sam looks pretty good under center right here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FVvE8yEWtk

the whole "shotgun offense" excuse really gets me. the NFL, every year, is going more and more to the shotgun offenses...hell, it seems that brady throws out of it the entire time.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2010, 08:27 PM
this is the first time i've seen bradford's arm strength being questioned. i'm thinking this guy is just saying that so he can appear ahead of the curve if bradford's shoulder is a problem. both todd mcshay and mel kiper have said that bradford has a really underrated arm and that arm strength isn't a question.

For me I really don't question it...Its not elite, its not bad...

SCxxSOONER
1/14/2010, 08:29 PM
They had Jesus going 10th to the Jags just to put butts in the seats and pony boy in the 2nd rd i believe

JLEW1818
1/14/2010, 08:31 PM
i remember Houston fans when Brady Quinn was available ... "GET HIM, GET HIM"

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2010, 08:39 PM
Kiper, McShay, mayock, everybody had McCoy going top 12 in the offseason....quite hilarious

JLEW1818
1/14/2010, 08:42 PM
Kiper opens his mouth too much..

SoonerLB
1/14/2010, 10:00 PM
Three things I hope to see this year:
1. A National Championship for the Sooner football team.
2. The failure of Jesus boy. (on general principles)
3. The failure of Clausen. ('cause he's such a schmuck)

I can at least say one good thing about Clausen though, .......... the boy can take a punch! :D

sooneredaco
1/14/2010, 10:19 PM
^^YES^^

yankee
1/15/2010, 12:35 AM
Kiper opens his mouth too much..

kiper's hair scares me.

gaylordfan1
1/15/2010, 01:01 AM
Is this really about who is the better QB? Clausen vs. Bradford? Rookie season isn't enough... Lets talk abouth this in 2012 and see who is the new bad a** on the block. It all depends on who goes where.... chances are Bradford will prevail!

Collier11
1/15/2010, 01:20 AM
Up to this point, there is no doubt it is Bradford...we have several yrs to determine who is the better NFL qb but lets just look at their careers in college

Bradford- Heisman winner, led team to natl title game
Career 67% completion
8403 passing yds
88 td 16 int
Career record of 24-7 (missed most of two losses)

Clausen- 63% completion %
8148 passing yds
60 tds 27 int
Career record of 18-16

What about that would tell anyone to take Clausen?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/15/2010, 01:53 AM
Is this really about who is the better QB? Clausen vs. Bradford? Rookie season isn't enough... Lets talk abouth this in 2012 and see who is the new bad a** on the block. It all depends on who goes where.... chances are Bradford will prevail!

too many variables - stiffs at WR, crappy OL meaning a lot of punishment, stuck in a run/run/run/run/run/pass system.

Leroy Lizard
1/15/2010, 03:05 AM
Didn't we pass the ball more than throw it under Bradford?

Collier11
1/15/2010, 03:16 AM

In 07 we ran the ball 574 times and passed 401 times
In 08 we ran the ball 485 times and passed 519 times

In 09 he only thew 69 passes

Id say it was pretty much more to the run but fairly close

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/15/2010, 03:42 AM
Ben Roethlisberger must not feel loved and hell Drew Bledsoe might be pissed about this

JLEW1818
1/15/2010, 03:50 AM

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/15/2010, 12:15 PM

nope, it was equal

Leroy Lizard
1/15/2010, 12:53 PM
So what is a run/run/run/run/run/pass system?

reddfoxx
1/15/2010, 05:56 PM
I think that this idiot at WalterFootball.com lost all creditability with me when he has Jeremy Beal going to Tampa Bay in the second round.

No way does Tebow go in the first round. Yes, he might spark interest from fans in the Jacksonville area, but he's a guaranteed NFL bust. No one will pay 1st round money for a role player at best.

JLEW1818
1/15/2010, 06:21 PM
he was just assuming Beal would leave early, like many did

idc much for his mock drafts, or college football picks

but he has made me absolute bank this year in NFL picks

StoopTroup
1/15/2010, 08:58 PM

I don't think anyone passed it or threw it under Bradford.