PDA

View Full Version : UT receiver Buckner arrested in College Station

JLEW1818
1/14/2010, 02:34 PM
Texas Longhorns receiver Dan Buckner, 19, was arrested in College Station at 10:45 last night on misdemeanor charges of criminal trespass and resisting arrest, said Rodney Sigler, a spokesman for the College Station Police Department.

Buckner was visiting a woman at her apartment complex at 614 Holleman Drive East in College Station when the two of them got into an argument and Buckner was asked to leave, Sigler said.

Buckner refused to leave, and neighbors called police to report the disturbance.

The Longhorns receiver refused to get in the police car, Sigler said.

He was released on $8,000 bail, records show.

Longhorns officials said they will release a statement later this afternoon.

The sophomore from Allen was one of the Longhorns’ top receivers in 2009, catching 45 balls for 442 yards and four touchdowns.

He is the fifth Longhorn to be involved in an incident with the police since June, when linebacker-defensive end Sergio Kindle ran into an apartment while driving his car and texting at the same time.

Returner D.J. Monroe was charged with a DWI in November, a charge that was eventually dropped.

Former Longhorns Marcus Davis and Brandon Collins also were involved in incidents. Neither Davis nor Collins is on the roster anymore.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2010/01/14/ut_receiver_buckner_arrested_i.html?cxntfid=blogs_ the_blotter

badger
1/14/2010, 02:36 PM
I dunno if Buckner's a big enough star to have his crime overlooked like Sergio.

Boomer Mooner
1/14/2010, 02:41 PM
Get ready for Mack Daddy to say..."Dan is part of the Longhorn family and we will handle this internally".

Jacie
1/14/2010, 02:42 PM
The criminal trespass is forgivable, an argument with a girl (speculation about what, see below) but the resisting arrest is just plain juicy and what kicked the bail amount into four figures.

Let's see, in College Station visiting a girl and they get into it. Maybe she decided not to entertain Mr. Buckner and he doesn't like taking "no" for an answer?

JLEW1818
1/14/2010, 02:43 PM
why did he just not go to aggy?

Flagstaffsooner
1/14/2010, 03:04 PM
The first Fulmer Cup points of the season. Congrats ut!

fwsooner22
1/14/2010, 03:10 PM
If he had punched the cop he would still line up in Austin in Sept.

Leroy Lizard
1/14/2010, 03:24 PM
The officer probably opened the door of the police car and Buckner refused to get in. Sounds like obstruction of a passageway.

TXBOOMER
1/14/2010, 04:40 PM
This kid is a good player. These charges will go away. Mark my MFing words!

My bad. It was the College Station PD. LOL....Had to kick him off of the team after all. That is the only place in texass those charges would stick. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

budbarrybob
1/14/2010, 05:08 PM
The officer probably opened the door of the police car and Buckner refused to get in. Sounds like obstruction of a passageway.

What evar could you mean?? ;)
sounds like charges will be reduced to lawful refusal to enter.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TexasLidig8r
1/14/2010, 06:26 PM
You need to change the title of the thread to...

FORMER UT receiver Buckner...

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/01/14/buckner_to_tran.html?cxntfid=blogs_bevo_beat

Texas coach Mack Brown said. ” During our discussion with Dan and his family, we all decided that the best thing for him would be to transfer to another school and get a fresh start.”

hmmmmm

badger
1/14/2010, 06:39 PM
I dunno if Buckner's a big enough star to have his crime overlooked like Sergio.

Like I said before, Lid :D

Jacie
1/14/2010, 06:49 PM
You need to change the title of the thread to...

FORMER UT receiver Buckner...

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/01/14/buckner_to_tran.html?cxntfid=blogs_bevo_beat

Texas coach Mack Brown said. ” During our discussion with Dan and his family, we all decided that the best thing for him would be to transfer to another school and get a fresh start.”

hmmmmm

You are not going to trick US into taking him!

JLEW1818
1/14/2010, 06:56 PM
Lid, now don't be bias...

with shipley gone...

What would Buckner have been? 1?2?3? wr/te?

JLEW1818
1/14/2010, 06:59 PM
lol i just messaged Darius White, and told him he will get to wear number 4 now...

he said "LOL"

White, said that Oklahoma State would have been his second choice...

why would he want them over us?

SoonerDood
1/14/2010, 07:30 PM
why would he want them over us?

duh
$$$
:eek:

badger
1/14/2010, 09:28 PM
What a lovely mugly:
http://images.news8austin.com/media/2010/1/14/images/01buckner.jpg

Leroy Lizard
1/14/2010, 10:08 PM
"But... but I play for Texas."

prrriiide
1/15/2010, 12:11 AM
What a lovely mugly:
http://images.news8austin.com/media/2010/1/14/images/01buckner.jpg

"Watchoo mean you don't like vienna sausages?"

TexasLidig8r
1/15/2010, 08:48 AM
Lid, now don't be bias...

with shipley gone...

What would Buckner have been? 1?2?3? wr/te?

1. Marquis Goodwin
2. Malcolm Williams
3. Buckner (as the slot receiver)

Widescreen
1/15/2010, 09:37 AM
I'm very surprised that Mack kicked him off. Maybe there's more to this than we know.

VA Sooner
1/15/2010, 09:58 AM
1. Marquis Goodwin
2. Malcolm Williams
3. Buckner (as the slot receiver)

He had a shot at making at making a difference. Remembered a few games where he had some good grabs. That Garrett Gilbert kid looks pretty good, once he had a chance to settle down in the MNC.

RRR looks to be competitive again.

Jello Biafra
1/15/2010, 10:03 AM
basically the way MOST of the college football world will interpret this is:

mack has way more unproven talent at WR than he does proven talent in the trenches. because if this would have been one of his starters that ran through an apartment at 3 am and then ran from the cops and hid the evidence and didnt call the porperty owner until he was sober...he would have been slapped on the wrist and gotten enrolled in a texters anon class or something.

adoniijahsooner
1/15/2010, 10:11 AM
basically the way MOST of the college football world will interpret this is:

mack has way more unproven talent at WR than he does proven talent in the trenches. because if this would have been one of his starters that ran through an apartment at 3 am and then ran from the cops and hid the evidence and didnt call the porperty owner until he was sober...he would have been slapped on the wrist and gotten enrolled in a texters anon class or something.

Exactly...They have 3 elite recievers coming in next year, so why not get rid of Buckner.

rawlingsHOH
1/15/2010, 11:13 AM
I'm very surprised that Mack kicked him off. Maybe there's more to this than we know.

Always!

47straight
1/15/2010, 12:37 PM
Texas fans here are already spinning saying that he showed promise but didn't work hard and was soft, and are glad for the roster space.

Leroy Lizard
1/15/2010, 12:42 PM
Texas fans here are already spinning saying that he showed promise but didn't work hard and was soft, and are glad for the roster space.

They're probably right. If it had been Colt McCoy resisting arrest, do you think Mack gives him the boot?

SCxxSOONER
1/15/2010, 03:18 PM
all i know is that Goodwin is scary good, he reminds me of percy harvin with his open field ability, he needs to put on a little weight though

soonergirlNeugene
1/15/2010, 03:25 PM
Well if he'd really punched an officer it'd probably be A&B on a peace officer or whatever the * equivalent is. Resisting isn't all that uncommon. He probably wrestled with the officer as he was being cuffed. At any rate, I'm sure both of these charges will go away for the most part. He may see some community service and probation time, but I wouldn't expect much more than that.

47straight
1/15/2010, 04:23 PM
They're probably right. If it had been Colt McCoy resisting arrest, do you think Mack gives him the boot?

Funny enough, the same fans said if it were shipley (in an argument with colt?) he wouldn't be off the team.

JLEW1818
1/22/2010, 06:09 PM
Mike just got his best WR ever prlly

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4850106

GKeeper316
1/22/2010, 06:28 PM
is it just me or does it seem like a lot of these tools are gettin busted in college station?

sooneron
1/22/2010, 08:57 PM
I'm totally surprised that Lid didn't play the "He was having trouble with the difficult academic workload at the university of texas- you know, the harvard of the southwest".

:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
1/23/2010, 08:21 AM
Has he been convicted ?
Thot not . so Good luck to him .

Sooner70
1/23/2010, 10:45 AM
I'm not a Horn fan, but I'd say it appears Mack has come a long way in recent history regarding team discipline. I think he caught so much heat from a coupla years back when every other week one of their players were arrested or charged with something, he had to finally develop a hard line. Stoops has always been that way, no matter how many stars the player had behind his name. One of the prior knocks on Mack was that he made too many excuses for his players shortcomings....both on & off the field. Seems he's kinda cleaned that up and has more of a "tough love" type approach. That's good for Horn fans, as tolerating that kind of crap can be contagious.

I'd hate to be a player that crosses Bob Stoops on this kind of thing. Justice will be swift and sure, and don't think those players don't know that.

Widescreen
1/25/2010, 03:30 PM
n/m

JLEW1818
1/25/2010, 03:38 PM
go ahead and maybe add Jeremiah Masoli

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2010/01/jeremiah_masoli_garrett_embry.html

Widescreen
1/25/2010, 04:25 PM
go ahead and maybe add Jeremiah Masoli

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2010/01/jeremiah_masoli_garrett_embry.html

Wolfard said the two players then ran out the back door. Wolfard said Masoli fled north and Embry went east toward Agate Street as Wolfard chased him. Blocks later, Wolfard says, Embry stopped running, gave him back his projector and said, "You've got it back, now you better get out of here."
UO needs to sign this Wolfard kid up if he can chase down one of their receivers.