PDA

View Full Version : If you know someone looking for an occupation who is good with wood stuff

Okla-homey
1/14/2010, 07:36 AM
encourage him or her to go into making and installing "plantation shutters." That person will be richer than his/her wildest dreams once established in that trade. sheesh.

That is all.

XingTheRubicon
1/14/2010, 08:08 AM
Concur.

I could fly first class to Hong Kong with my family and parents cheaper than what those f*cking shutters cost.

Okla-homey
1/14/2010, 10:56 AM
Concur.

I could fly first class to Hong Kong with my family and parents cheaper than what those f*cking shutters cost.

It's just four boards comprising a frame on each side of the window, some thin wooden louvers, and some flippin' hinges. 400 bucks. Per window. Lather, rinse, repeat. :eek:

Frozen Sooner
1/14/2010, 11:02 AM
I could knock that crap out in twenty minutes with a hatchet, some sand paper, glue, and stain.

btk108
1/14/2010, 11:17 AM
It's just four boards comprising a frame on each side of the window, some thin wooden louvers, and some flippin' hinges. 400 bucks. Per window. Lather, rinse, repeat. :eek:

heheheh...the wifey is nesting in the new house, huh? Get out the checkbook!

C&CDean
1/14/2010, 11:49 AM
I could knock that crap out in twenty minutes with a hatchet, some sand paper, glue, and stain.

Heh.

When we lived in town we bought a new house. Momma decided she needed "2" plantation blinds" or some such ****. The house was LOADED with windows, and not a single one was a standard size. We had arched windows, rectangular, square, etc. If I recall correctly, it was about $8K to do the whole house (3,200 SF, 4-bed, 3-bath).

Where we live now, there's not a covering on a single window. I like to be able to see outside anywhere I am in the house.

One thing I did learn though is that most of those window guys are gayer than hell. We called a well-known person in Norman, and he virtually floated into the house. I learned more about "window treatments" (WTF?) and interior decorating lingo than I ever wanted to know. I heard **** like "muave" and "fuscia" and "salmon." If this dude wasn't gay, he should be.

btk108
1/14/2010, 12:25 PM
Where we live now, there's not a covering on a single window. I like to be able to see outside anywhere I am in the house.

Now you've done it....JLEW will be peepin you every chance he gets ;)

C&CDean
1/14/2010, 12:27 PM
And jlew will get shot.

SteelClip49
1/14/2010, 02:18 PM
who is good with wood....hmm, Paris Hilton is always looking looking for another opportunity.

Tulsa_Fireman
1/15/2010, 05:08 PM
Insert obligatory masturbation joke here.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/15/2010, 05:21 PM
encourage him or her to go into making and installing "plantation shutters." That person will be richer than his/her wildest dreams once established in that trade. sheesh.

That is all.

Trying to get some installed? Price not what you expected? Wife wants them beyond all things holy?

Seamus
1/16/2010, 03:30 AM
Heh.

When we lived in town we bought a new house. Momma decided she needed "2" plantation blinds" or some such ****. The house was LOADED with windows, and not a single one was a standard size. We had arched windows, rectangular, square, etc. If I recall correctly, it was about $8K to do the whole house (3,200 SF, 4-bed, 3-bath).

One thing I did learn though is that most of those window guys are gayer than hell. We called a well-known person in Norman, and he virtually floated into the house. I learned more about "window treatments" (WTF?) and interior decorating lingo than I ever wanted to know. I heard **** like "muave" and "fuscia" and "salmon." If this dude wasn't gay, he should be.

Dean, did you scream when you put the alcohol on your scraped-up knuckles? :D

Collier11
1/16/2010, 03:36 AM
And jlew will get shot.

ewww, kinky...he might likey

picasso
1/16/2010, 11:14 PM
My neighbor makes 'em for an outfit here in Tulsa.

TUSooner
1/17/2010, 08:52 PM

That is all.

Forget the shutters, just buy a new house. ;) :D