PDA

View Full Version : Crazy thing about this season...

Collier11
1/13/2010, 01:38 AM
Despite our ups and downs (mostly downs), if we can beat a good Mizzou team at home on Saturday we have a legit shot at starting off conf at 5-2. Obviously I am assuming that if we win Saturday that some of the momentum will carry over and we will consistently play better atleast.

Look at the sched

Mizzou at home- hopeful win
@a&m
@tech > neither team is great, if we could steal a win on the road it would be huge
Iowa st at home- should be a win if we show up
@neb - im not counting on us winning any road games but this is a winnable game

Im not saying this will happen and I dont expect it to based off of how we have played all yr but it is doable if we build off of Mondays game.

bri
1/13/2010, 01:41 AM
I always assume playing at Nebbish is a loss. There's just something about that ugly-*** gym that saps the win out of us.

I'm getting the feeling this team's gonna be okay-ish at home (at least until Texas comes calling), but is dead meat on the road.

Collier11
1/13/2010, 01:45 AM
At this point I am hoping for 8-8 but expecting 6-10-7-9. Hopefully the next week will change my viewpoint

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/13/2010, 11:38 AM
It's not far-fetched to think we might win @A&M or @TT but right now the chances of winning at both are not good. Big 12 teams at this moment are something like 118-1 at home this year. The only road game I look at right now and say we "should" win is at Colo and I imagine unless we show up on a mission to win that game that we won't.

I don't think we beat the Whorns at home so we have to win ALL the other home games as well as @Colo for 8-8. I'm thinking 7-9 is a lot more likely, 6-10 if we don't beat MIZZOU.

Collier11
1/13/2010, 11:39 AM
Thats why I think this saturday is a huge game for us

the_ouskull
1/13/2010, 12:33 PM
Every game is a "huge game" for us because we have the potential to lose every one of them. We also have the talent to compete to win most of them. Teams like this give me bald spots and ulcers. If I were also coaching this year, I'd be more hormonal than a pregnant chick on her period watching Twilight alone with ice cream after a break-up on Valentine's Day and her birthday. Since I'm not, I can still stand to watch OU play... but barely... F+. Click.

the_ouskull

kevpks
1/13/2010, 02:42 PM
Every game is a "huge game" for us because we have the potential to lose every one of them. We also have the talent to compete to win most of them. Teams like this give me bald spots and ulcers. If I were also coaching this year, I'd be more hormonal than a pregnant chick on her period watching Twilight alone with ice cream after a break-up on Valentine's Day and her birthday. Since I'm not, I can still stand to watch OU play... but barely... F+. Click.

the_ouskull

spek despite mental image.

NormanPride
1/13/2010, 03:00 PM
Someone didn't pay attention in health class. :)

the_ouskull
1/13/2010, 03:34 PM
Or maybe we should get the bleeding-heart types out of American health classes and teach the full spectrum of possibilities instead of running with the cloak-and-dagger forwarding of the agenda of the Religious Right.

Sorry, I'm ranty today. I'm trying to avoid the internet completely. I'm not even sure that one made sense...

But I wasn't wrong either...

http://www.womens-health.co.uk/menstruation-during-pregnancy.html

the_ouskull

Collier11
1/13/2010, 03:37 PM
heh?

NormanPride
1/13/2010, 05:01 PM
Or maybe we should get the bleeding-heart types out of American health classes and teach the full spectrum of possibilities instead of running with the cloak-and-dagger forwarding of the agenda of the Religious Right.

Sorry, I'm ranty today. I'm trying to avoid the internet completely. I'm not even sure that one made sense...

But I wasn't wrong either...

http://www.womens-health.co.uk/menstruation-during-pregnancy.html

the_ouskull

You are absolutely crazy, sir.

stoopified
1/14/2010, 12:02 AM
That is What I like- a bunch of kinda-sorta optimistic fans.Sadly I too am in this group.It does beat being in the OMG we are doomed set however.

GKeeper316
1/14/2010, 12:27 AM
nvm just read that link... gross.