PDA

View Full Version : Combine Invites

OK2U
1/12/2010, 11:53 AM
Oklahoma: RB Chris Brown, TE Brody Eldridge, TE Jermaine Gresham, CB Brian Jackson, OT Trent Williams

See the rest here: http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-01-11/2010-nfl-scouting-combine-invitees

rawlingsHOH
1/12/2010, 12:22 PM
I'm sure our 3 underclassmen will all be there too. Bradford, McCoy and Franks. If you would have posted two years ago, that Auston English wouldn't get a combine invite. No one would have believed you.

kevpks
1/12/2010, 12:29 PM
Eldridge seems like one of those guys who could catch on and play for 15 years.

OK2U
1/12/2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I just saw this on that page.

(Underclassmen and some seniors will be added later)

rawlingsHOH
1/12/2010, 12:54 PM
Eldridge seems like one of those guys who could catch on and play for 15 years.
I agree. Listed as a TE, but we'll see what the pro personnel thinks of him. My guess, they'll tell him to keep eating!

OUmillenium
1/12/2010, 01:43 PM
Auston would but he is rehabbing an injury.

85sooners
1/12/2010, 01:44 PM
:cool:

yankee
1/12/2010, 05:53 PM
i hate what the combine has become and its influence on players draft stocks. so retarded. :mad:

OK2U
1/12/2010, 06:03 PM
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/mike-sherman-sleeping.jpg

badger
1/12/2010, 06:04 PM
We get five, OSU gets four.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100112_92_0_FiveOk810464)

Yay, we beat OSU again!

... wait, that sounds rather aggy of me :mad:

TXBOOMER
1/12/2010, 07:52 PM
I'm sure our 3 underclassmen will all be there too. Bradford, McCoy and Franks. If you would have posted two years ago, that Auston English wouldn't get a combine invite. No one would have believed you.

F an A right on that. I thought he was going to be a beast.

SCxxSOONER
1/12/2010, 08:51 PM

i dont think bradford will go to the combine i thought he said he was just going to wait til the OU pro day..could be wrong

Skinshokiefan
1/12/2010, 08:54 PM
Redskins fan here

I have been wanting to post a thread about Bradford, but I can't post threads yet (haven't found a rule for minimum post to start a thread, but there must be one)

I am trying to find out as much as I can about Bradford, because everything I have seen of him is outstanding. I am hoping we draft him at number 4

If you could answer any of the following about Mr. Bradford, I'd appreciate it

1) His injury. I know the Redskins will have the inside info on this because Dr. Andrews is also the Redskins team doctor. I am just curious to know what it was in the shoulder, and how his recovery is going

2) His mechanics, accuracy overall physical skill. I have seen highlight videos and to me Sam is almost flawless, in particular his quick release. I'd like to know more based on what you all know (you hear practice reports, spring ball reports etc)

3) Is his arm strength good enough for the NFL? I happen to think so, but I'd like your opinion

4) Does he have the ability to transition to the NFL quickly? One knock on him is that he runs a primarily spread offense, out of the shotgun with the OC calling audibles. Please de-bunk this and tell me of his ability to transition to an NFL offense

5) Is he smart enough football wise for the NFL?

6) His character, toughness and leadership, which by all accounts seem top notch

7) And lastly his ability to transition to a Mike Shanahan West Coast offense. I see that Sam can run the bootleg very nicely which is a staple of the Shanahan system. I also think he'd come into a great situation being coached by one of the best of all time

Obviously I am a big fan of the kid, but I want to know everything from the people who have seen him grow up the last few years.

Thanks!

yankee
1/12/2010, 09:00 PM
Redskins fan here

I have been wanting to post a thread about Bradford, but I can't post threads yet (haven't found a rule for minimum post to start a thread, but there must be one)

I am trying to find out as much as I can about Bradford, because everything I have seen of him is outstanding. I am hoping we draft him at number 4

1) His injury. I know the Redskins will have the inside info on this because Dr. Andrews is also the Redskins team doctor. I am just curious to know what it was in the shoulder, and how his recovery is going

He sprained his AC joint in his shoulder, i believe.

2) His mechanics, accuracy overall physical skill. I have seen highlight videos and to me Sam is almost flawless, in particular his quick release. I'd like to know more based on what you all know (you hear practice reports, spring ball reports etc)

3) Is his arm strength good enough for the NFL? I happen to think so, but I'd like your opinion

Yes. he can make all the throws at the next level, so don't worry.

4) Does he have the ability to transition to the NFL quickly? One knock on him is that he runs a primarily spread offense, out of the shotgun with the OC calling audibles. Please de-bunk this and tell me of his ability to transition to an NFL offense

The NFL is shifting more and more to spread offenses. i wouldn't worry about his adjustment.

,He's an extremely hard worker on and off the field, and a very smart guy.

6) His character, toughness and leadership, which by all accounts seem top notch

All true.

7) And lastly his ability to transition to a Mike Shanahan West Coast offense. I see that Sam can run the bootleg very nicely which is a staple of the Shanahan system. I also think he'd come into a great situation being coached by one of the best of all time

saw a lot of play action from him last year because our running game was so strong last year. despite him being on the move with bootlegs, he seemingly made every throw. the guy is laser accurate.

Obviously I am a big fan of the kid, but I want to know everything from the people who have seen him grow up the last few years.

Thanks!

that's a start i guess...i'm sure the more informed posters will shed some more light than i did.

rawlingsHOH
1/12/2010, 11:53 PM
i dont think bradford will go to the combine i thought he said he was just going to wait til the OU pro day..could be wrong

you go to do the interviews, profile testing, and medical check-ups. i'm sure he'll be there for that.

rawlingsHOH
1/13/2010, 12:02 AM
Redskins fan here

NOT SURE. That will be a 'wait for physical'.

He looks the part. Many reference a quick release. It's not Romo-quick.

Not a canon. But probably playable.

He's about 50% spread, 50% under center. The problem is the under center passing game isn't pro style. It's based on play action, 2-man routes, etc.

No doubt. He's brilliant.

Yes.

The WCO offense will require a lot of rewiring his footwork and reads. Completely different from catching the ball in the gun. Or the play pass in the I.

For these reasons I'd like to see him sit a year

Thanks!

jmo

stoops the eternal pimp
1/13/2010, 12:20 AM
1. Even though they have the same doctor, Dr. Andrews will not be giving the Redskins the inside scoop on his injury....

2. His release has improved a lot since his arrival, especially between year 1 and year 2... It started out slow and awkward, he reminded me a lot of omar jacobs...

3. arm strength has improved greatly...he doesn't have matt stafford type arm strength but its adequate...I don't see it getting any stronger than it already is...

4. What Rawlings said for point 4 is true..everybody thinks a pro style offense is just taking snaps under center but it isn't....it has a lot to do with the type of routes the receivers are running, and OU runs a pretty basic set..Sam will need to get accustomed to a pro style offense.

5. not an issue with Bradford..

6. Not knocking Bradfords toughness, but we still dont know how durable he is...that was the big thing for him to prove this season..he needed the weight he gained in the offseason though.

7. Is it something he can succeed in? I think so...A good NFL QB coach could improve him in a lot of areas, enough for him to get it done..Is he ready to be a day 1 starter? no way...He needs a year, so if the redskins did take him, like rawlings said, he needs to sit...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/15/2010, 04:40 PM
and gerhart declares.

franks needs to take a long hard look at his draft position. at this point, it looks like he's slipped out of the 2nd round. 3rd and lower just isn't a place you want to be. this is typically where you get into a free fall situation as this is where coaches try to fetch their "gems" and "value" picks.

sooneredaco
1/15/2010, 07:38 PM
Add them to OUr list of boys in the league

AlbqSooner
1/15/2010, 08:40 PM
Reports I have seen on Bradford being smart enough football wise is that he has spent a LOT of time on film stufy. Guy graduated early with a 3.9 in finance if the reports are correct.

CU Sooner
1/15/2010, 09:16 PM
Sam is not a spread QB, he can take snaps under center and in the gun. Yes your foot work is different with pretty much any route but the major problem that most qb's have coming out of college is footwork because they just take the snap out of the gun and throw. From everything i read and heard Sam worked extremely hard with Josh on his footwork which is big reason for his accuracy. Another thing that I think everyone noticed this year is how well Sam went through reads. I'm not knocking Landry, but he would lock onto receivers and that was it. That's inexperience, but that is also something that Sam knows ahead of time and if it breaks down can read through

TXBOOMER
1/16/2010, 11:59 AM
I want Bradford as a Vike. Vikes need to trade down and get him.

delhalew
1/16/2010, 12:13 PM
I want Bradford as a Vike. Vikes need to trade down and get him.

Me too. It just seems so unlikely.

stoopified
1/16/2010, 01:01 PM
Sam has at the very least adequate NFL talent.His greatest strength is his intelligence,work ethic,character.The majority of the best QBs in NFL history have been among the smaertest- Elway,Montana,Griese (Bob, not Brian),Staubach, the list goes on and on.The list of physically gifted busts as NFL qbs is nearly infinite,smart busts ,not so much.