PDA

View Full Version : Tonight is a MUST win

ndpruitt03
1/11/2010, 07:01 PM
I know a lot of you might disagree but the way this team is playing I feel that this is a must win game tonight. I feel that if we don't win tonight we could easily lose the rest of our games. I just feel the situation is that could really snowball looking at the schedule and how this team is playing. This is the biggest must win game for an OU game that I can really remember.

StoopTroup
1/11/2010, 07:35 PM
http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/171-0505100334-216168-71174.jpg

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/11/2010, 09:48 PM
I know a lot of you might disagree but the way this team is playing I feel that this is a must win game tonight. I feel that if we don't win tonight we could easily lose the rest of our games. I just feel the situation is that could really snowball looking at the schedule and how this team is playing. This is the biggest must win game for an OU game that I can really remember.

Huh. You don't have a very good memory. We can and should win tonight but we could win tonight and still go 5-11 in the league. If we lose tonight it sucks but I don't think anyone is going to look back at this game tonight as one of the biggest OU games ever. The biggest MUST win games are going to be in the Big 12 tourney.

stoopified
1/11/2010, 11:43 PM
ST and RHCF are you all implying we can have any kind of season if we lost? This was a critical win,It gives us momentum going into the Saturday home game vs. Missou,win that and we have turned a corner.If we had lost tonite I can guarantee we would lose Saturday.Winning tonite does NOT mean we win Saturday BUT I think OUr chances just went up.

OUmillenium
1/12/2010, 10:33 AM
Ok, we won. Now what?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/12/2010, 01:38 PM
ST and RHCF are you all implying we can have any kind of season if we lost? This was a critical win,It gives us momentum going into the Saturday home game vs. Missou,win that and we have turned a corner.If we had lost tonite I can guarantee we would lose Saturday.Winning tonite does NOT mean we win Saturday BUT I think OUr chances just went up.

Very nice win but I don't think last nights win is any type of landmark win in the programs history. Certainly not a year removed from playing North Carolina in the Elite 8.

We can beat Mizzou. If we beat Mizzou and follow it up with a road win then I'll be more optimistic about this year. I think at this point though the base thing we can do is get Fitzgerald & Pledger more playing time and build for next year. Not saying throw in the towel but we do not look like an NCAA tourney team right now. Just a team that can win a game at home, like most of the Big 12 teams.

Again good win last night. Huge implications from last nights win? Not really.

ndpruitt03
1/12/2010, 03:16 PM
If we lose last night it would have been much worse for the team. Wins will be hard to come by with this team.

OUstud
1/12/2010, 03:24 PM
Capel himself said a loss last night would have been devastating.

That said, I think Mizzou will give us the best idea of what to expect. It's a home game, on national TV, against a decent-to-good team with an intense style of play. A win means we flirt with .500 in league play. A loss, and we're looking at about 5-11, 6-10 or so, if that. JMO.