PDA

View Full Version : PALIN JOINS FOXNEWS

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/11/2010, 05:49 PM
While sitting here doing some eBay, I have the Glenn Beck TV show on in the background. During a commercial break, they announce Sarah Palin to join FOXNEWS, starting tomorrow. She will be a regular on the Bill O'Reilly show, if I heard it correctly. O'Reilly needs her for ratings, I guess. haha.

soonerscuba
1/11/2010, 05:55 PM
Am I the only one amazed that Beck, O'Reilly and Palin can be mentioned in the same sentence and it doesn't lead to a punchline?

Seriously, if I said "I was watching Bill Maher the other night and Geraldine Ferraro is set to do nightly segments on Olbermann." How could you not be disappointed in the lack of payoff?

the_ouskull
1/11/2010, 05:55 PM
They were looking for someone to out-crazy Glenn Beck.

Check.

the_ouskull

jdsooner
1/11/2010, 06:03 PM
I knew when she quit as governor, to make lots of money, that she would sign with Fox News. That is the perfect job for her. She can just say whatever comes to mind, whether it is true or not. I see Palin, Beck, and Hannity as the TV evangelists of political commentary.

Now I'll sit back and wait for C&C Dean to neg me and tell me how stupid I am.

1/11/2010, 06:03 PM
...if I heard it correctly. O'Reilly needs her for ratings..There's your punchline, bubba. Surprised you missed it.

Viking Kitten
1/11/2010, 06:06 PM
ALL CAPS!!! ALL CAPS!!! IT'S AN INFORMATION ASSPLOSION!!!

NormanPride
1/11/2010, 06:06 PM
Well, she originally wanted to be a sportscaster, right? Maybe she's just taking the REALLY long road to ESPN.

Frozen Sooner
1/11/2010, 06:19 PM
See, she really did want to help Alaska and Alaskans. This totally accomplishes that goal.

East Coast Bias
1/11/2010, 07:09 PM
I am sure no one would neg a good -ole Okie turned Northern liberal? Those people deserve each other... Will they be shooting any gays ??

1/11/2010, 07:19 PM
CALLING ALL BOARDLIBS! We ain't heard from all of youse, yet!

StoopTroup
1/11/2010, 07:20 PM
I bet she gets a really nice free wardrobe out of it at least. Probably a small shoe warehouse too.

yermom
1/11/2010, 07:24 PM
i should get a cookie for this or something

Crucifax Autumn
1/11/2010, 07:28 PM
Is she gonna be the fair part or the balanced?

1/11/2010, 07:31 PM
Is she gonna be the fair part or the balanced?She's pretty darned fair, and her balance is to the right.

1/11/2010, 07:32 PM
i should get a cookie for this or somethingPrint this out for a tooth-fairy credit.

StoopTroup
1/11/2010, 07:32 PM
i should get some nookie for this or something

fixed. :D

sooner ngintunr
1/11/2010, 07:33 PM
She likes to pull "facts" out of thin air so she'll fit in just fine.

yermom
1/11/2010, 07:34 PM
well, we know Bristol puts out...

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/11/2010, 07:43 PM
HOW DARE YOU!!!! CHILDREN ARE OFF LIMITS!!! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/11/2010, 07:49 PM
Personally I think she becomes the female version of Ann Coulter

1/11/2010, 07:49 PM
HOW DARE YOU!!!! DEMOCRAT'S CHILDREN ARE OFF LIMITS!!! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!foxed

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/11/2010, 07:52 PM
HOW DARE YOU!!!! DEMOCRATS WANT YOUR CHILDREN TO BE GAY!!! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!

Actually this would be foxed...yours would be MSNBC'd

Rogue
1/11/2010, 07:52 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/11/palin-join-fox-news-contributor/

Say what you want about Olbermann, I can't even think of the left equivalent of this....Michael Moore producing NPR? Dennis Kucinich getting a show on PBS?

1/11/2010, 07:58 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/11/palin-join-fox-news-contributor/

Say what you want about Olbermann, I can't even think of the left equivalent of this....Michael Moore producing NPR? Dennis Kucinich getting a show on PBS?Bill Moyers getting a show on PBS...wait. Garrison Keillor programming on NPR...wait. haha(what are you saying about Olbermann?

StoopTroup
1/11/2010, 08:14 PM
I think they should add Lewis Black for balance. :D

http://www.alexmacstandup.com/uploads/1/9/8/0/1980562/2248581.jpg

A Sooner in Texas
1/11/2010, 08:53 PM
Yay! Another reason for me to not watch Fox News!!!!!

tommieharris91
1/11/2010, 09:03 PM
This thread is so much better with RLIMC on ignore.

Veritas
1/12/2010, 12:39 AM
FoxNews: now with more neocon bukake!

On a unrelated note, I never noticed before that Trapper John is one of the prisoners in Cool Hand Luke.

1/12/2010, 01:24 AM

That yainch is another NEOCON. Well, I never...

Fraggle145
1/12/2010, 02:40 AM
http://ceiling-cat.com/ceiling_cat.jpg

King Barry's Back
1/12/2010, 05:50 AM
See, she really did want to help Alaska and Alaskans. This totally accomplishes that goal.

In so many ways.....

King Barry's Back
1/12/2010, 05:52 AM
She likes to pull "facts" out of thin air so she'll fit in just fine.

Believe me, she's not the only pol to do this.

King Barry's Back
1/12/2010, 06:06 AM

You know, for almost my whole life, the left had plenty of TV news to watch.

When I was a kid, their points of view were carried by companies called ABC, CBS, NBC and most leftist of all, PBS. Of course, more conservative information programming was carried on news outlets like... like... like... [sound of crickets chirping]

As I got older, one of the great revolutions in TV news occured when CNN went on the air. With high production values and an insistence on journalistic integrity, they became a global information brand in broadcasting left-of-center slanted news.

Then came the spin offs and copycats of CNN -- for ex, Headline News, CNBC, MSNBC, et cetera.

And through all this twenty year revolution in cable news programming, 24 hour news cycles, the rise of independent media -- there was absolutely NO conservative TV programming -- excepting the one right-wing panel member allowed on to "balance" the 3 or 4 leftists also at the table.

Then, suddenly, a new start up went on the air -- this one with a rightward bent. In what should have been welcomed by all, a broadcasting experiment in looking at issues from a new perspective, FOX News began broadcasting with a more- or less-mainstream GOP outlook on most issues.

And how, after all these years, did the leftists respond? Did they graciously accept the arrival of a right-wing rival to the field? I mean, a little start up network, the only one with a right-wing tilt, against a field of a dozen or more national TV networks tilting left -- you might expect the leftists to actually enjoy a little independent programming.

But no. They respond with anger, resentment, ridicule -- and through it all, FOX News soars to number one.

Makes you wonder if the left is a little out of touch?

Rogue
1/12/2010, 06:17 AM
I may be out of touch because I don't welcome poor upstart little Rupert Murdoch as a shoeless underdog.

OK, then I'll keep being out of touch.

yermom
1/12/2010, 09:27 AM
i'm so glad i don't have to deal with the constant ridicule and persecution that conservatives have to every day

it must be exhausting

LosAngelesSooner
1/12/2010, 02:33 PM

When I was a kid, their points of view were carried by companies called ABC, CBS, NBC and most leftist of all, PBS. Of course, more conservative information programming was carried on news outlets like... like... like... [sound of crickets chirping]

As I got older, one of the great revolutions in TV news occured when CNN went on the air. With high production values and an insistence on journalistic integrity, they became a global information brand in broadcasting left-of-center slanted news.

Then came the spin offs and copycats of CNN -- for ex, Headline News, CNBC, MSNBC, et cetera.

And through all this twenty year revolution in cable news programming, 24 hour news cycles, the rise of independent media -- there was absolutely NO conservative TV programming -- excepting the one right-wing panel member allowed on to "balance" the 3 or 4 leftists also at the table.

Then, suddenly, a new start up went on the air -- this one with a rightward bent. In what should have been welcomed by all, a broadcasting experiment in looking at issues from a new perspective, FOX News began broadcasting with a more- or less-mainstream GOP outlook on most issues.

And how, after all these years, did the leftists respond? Did they graciously accept the arrival of a right-wing rival to the field? I mean, a little start up network, the only one with a right-wing tilt, against a field of a dozen or more national TV networks tilting left -- you might expect the leftists to actually enjoy a little independent programming.

But no. They respond with anger, resentment, ridicule -- and through it all, FOX News soars to number one.

Makes you wonder if the left is a little out of touch?Saying Fox News is truly "Conservative Programming" is like saying Nihilists should have their own news show.

1) Fox News isn't "Conservative," they are anti-Liberal. Big difference.
2) Fox News isn't NEWS. It's propaganda coated with Neo-Con candy to make it addictive and more appealing for the fringe on the right.

Continue.

LosAngelesSooner
1/12/2010, 02:52 PM
Fox: Palin's Appearances to be Simulcast in English

Millions to Understand Governor for First Time

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report) - One day after announcing that she would be a commentator on the Fox News Channel, the network revealed that former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's appearances would be simulcast in English.

"We are delighted that Gov. Palin will, for the first time, be understandable to the English-speaking audience," said Fox News chief Roger Ailes. "This should create a whole new fan base for her."

Gov. Palin praised the decision, adding, "I know many Americans will be interested in understanding what I have to say and I will also too."

In a related story, Fox said it had "no interest" in hiring funnyman Conan O'Brien, explaining, "Sarah Palin takes care of our comedy needs.":D

lexsooner
1/12/2010, 03:24 PM

On a unrelated note, I never noticed before that Trapper John is one of the prisoners in Cool Hand Luke.

Yes, as well as the guy who played Bogart in Woody Allen's Play it Again Sam. He was the check swindler. The Dad from The Waltons is also on the crew. He got suckered into thinking he could pay another inmate to do his work, so he got the hot box. I am not sure what happened to buxom Lucille the lathered up car washer.

lexsooner
1/12/2010, 03:37 PM
I may be out of touch because I don't welcome poor upstart little Rupert Murdoch as a shoeless underdog.

OK, then I'll keep being out of touch.

Somewhat relatedly, why do working or middle class neo cons take up the cause of anti-environmental regulation, global warming as a hoax, social programs and other issues which really could benefit them if they took the opposing views? I mean I understand how a wealthy conservative would hold these views because it gets in the way of corporate profit taking, but why would someone living in a shack in Eastern Kentucky be so opposed to government social programs and environmental regulation? Are there really that many suckers out there who unknowingly advocate the interests of the wealthy? Have those in power manipulated the masses to such a degree? If so, have they done it through the media pundits?

Chuck Bao
1/12/2010, 03:49 PM

Makes you wonder if the left is a little out of touch?

I don't see it that way at all. I grew up watching Walter Cronkite on CBS and I think we needed and deserved balanced journalism when you could only get 2-3 channels on your TV.

I don't think that the news was slanted any further than the middle of largely conservative America. But, I do agree that US TV programming at that time was social modeling, feel good fluff and basically talking down to us. That is why more edgy British comedy was light years ahead of anything that the US put out in the 70s and 80s.

Cable TV, especially CNN and HBO, started the revolution. The Gulf War handed CNN a world-wide audience to broadcast the American view. It is still extremely pro-American as maybe it should be.

The most dangerous thing is feel good news by right-wing, knee-jerk reactionaries. Fox News has proven popular. We all want to return to an era where we are confident that we are always right and they are always wrong.

The huge choice of cable TV programs also means that US TV programming is no longer talking down to us and we are now light years ahead of British TV.

Veritas
1/12/2010, 03:57 PM
1) Fox News isn't "Conservative," they are anti-Liberal. Big difference.
2) Fox News isn't NEWS. It's propaganda coated with Neo-Con candy to make it addictive and more appealing for the fringe on the right..
This.

One of the traits of conservatism is focusing on solving the root of a given problem. Ergo, don't ban guns because people are using them to commit crimes, exercise stronger sentences and harsher punishment against those who commit gun crimes. This is opposed to the liberal tack of banning guns and delivering softer sentences to criminals.

Fox focuses on the problems caused by the liberals, and there are many to focus on. The problem is that depending on your bias, Fox is either a Cassandra or a boy crying wolf. Either way, it's getting ignored.

LosAngelesSooner
1/12/2010, 04:12 PM
Somewhat relatedly, why do working or middle class neo cons take up the cause of anti-environmental regulation, global warming as a hoax, social programs and other issues which really could benefit them if they took the opposing views? I mean I understand how a wealthy conservative would hold these views because it gets in the way of corporate profit taking, but why would someone living in a shack in Eastern Kentucky be so opposed to government social programs and environmental regulation? Are there really that many suckers out there who unknowingly advocate the interests of the wealthy? Have those in power manipulated the masses to such a degree? If so, have they done it through the media pundits?Yes.

LosAngelesSooner
1/12/2010, 04:12 PM
This.

One of the traits of conservatism is focusing on solving the root of a given problem. Ergo, don't ban guns because people are using them to commit crimes, exercise stronger sentences and harsher punishment against those who commit gun crimes. This is opposed to the liberal tack of banning guns and delivering softer sentences to criminals.

Fox focuses on the problems caused by the liberals, and there are many to focus on. The problem is that depending on your bias, Fox is either a Cassandra or a boy crying wolf. Either way, it's getting ignored.^^^ This.

Chuck Bao
1/12/2010, 04:55 PM
This.

Fox focuses on the problems caused by the liberals, and there are many to focus on. The problem is that depending on your bias, Fox is either a Cassandra or a boy crying wolf. Either way, it's getting ignored.

What are you talking about? Conservatism is about harkening back to some perceived golden era and naïve childhood memories about what was great with America. And, don’t get me wrong - it was GREAT and we have a lot of standing up to do to match our forefathers.

Conservatives live in the past. They are not progressive and they are not thinking about the future, just the past. They are not Cassandra. They are also not the boy crying wolf because everyone already knows that the wolf is at the door. There are very good reasons to believe that the old paradigm will not work this time on economics.

I am surprised that you think it is about crime or health care. Okay, maybe it is. The weird thing is that with the job losses in the US, thanks to globalization, that many Americans are feeling pretty desperate and I challenge anyone who thinks that that will change. That is not an excuse but a reality. Personally, I feel that the US military shouldn’t be used to protect American interests overseas (read that as American corporate interests), while corporate America is so busy firing Americans.

If it is liberal to talk about taking care of Americans first, I am liberal.

Chuck Bao
1/12/2010, 04:59 PM
^^^ This.

I didn't think I would have to call you out as some right-wing nut job. Okay, I just did.

C&CDean
1/12/2010, 05:00 PM
What are you talking about? Conservatism is about harkening back to some perceived golden era and naïve childhood memories about what was great with America. And, don’t get me wrong - it was GREAT and we have a lot of standing up to do to match our forefathers.

Conservatives live in the past. They are not progressive and they are not thinking about the future, just the past. They are not Cassandra. They are also not the boy crying wolf because everyone already knows that the wolf is at the door. There are very good reasons to believe that the old paradigm will not work this time on economics.

I am surprised that you think it is about crime or health care. Okay, maybe it is. The weird thing is that with the job losses in the US, thanks to globalization, that many Americans are feeling pretty desperate and I challenge anyone who thinks that that will change. That is not an excuse but a reality. Personally, I feel that the US military shouldn’t be used to protect American interests overseas (read that as American corporate interests), while corporate America is so busy firing Americans.

If it is liberal to talk about taking care of Americans first, I am liberal.

Well, yeah? Sorta.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/12/2010, 05:22 PM
Personally I think she becomes the female version of Ann Coulter

There aren't enough greenies on this computer to account for what you deserve! Friggin' hilarious. Coulter does have a prominant Adam's Apple, not to mention a voice like Lerch.

Scott D
1/12/2010, 05:28 PM
I know I can't wait to hear her scathing criticism of Vice President O'Biden on the air again. ;)

I sure hope they write her cue cards really really big, because it was a failure in her previous venture into television.

Rogue
1/12/2010, 06:48 PM
When does this circus kickoff?

1/12/2010, 06:52 PM
There aren't enough greenies on this computer to account for what you deserve! Friggin' hilarious. Coulter does have a prominant Adam's Apple, not to mention a voice like Lerch.sssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZ...huh?

Veritas
1/12/2010, 06:58 PM
What are YOU talking about? You're describing Christian fundamentalists, most of whom are conservative, but that's not a commutative property.

You seemed to have a very warped view of conservatism (as do most self-titled conservatives). Your entire description there is one big straw man with weak knees.

Chuck Bao
1/12/2010, 07:24 PM
What are YOU talking about? You're describing Christian fundamentalists, most of whom are conservative, but that's not a commutative property.

You seemed to have a very warped view of conservatism (as do most self-titled conservatives). Your entire description there is one big straw man with weak knees.

Go on.

My one big straw man with weak knees is about jobs. I sincerely believe that cutting the tax rate will not create jobs this time around. Those jobs have been lost and they are unlikely to be regained.

That must sting the heart of the Republican mantra of low taxes and just get a job.

You ask about the soul of the conservatives? It has been hijacked and it is not pretty. Now, it is all about fear. Fear of terrorists when it is highly unlikely that terrorists are in your local community and actually threaten you relative to what Congress has and will do. You are more likely to be killed by a young kid with a gun and teenage angish than a terrorist but I'm sure that is not your point.

It is fear that homosexuals will convert your kids with the idea that homo sex is a terribly bad thing and your kids need to realize that God hates that and their eternal salvation is probably more of the drawing point than the fact that they are pretty okay in being themselves.

Veritas
1/12/2010, 07:30 PM
Chuck, with respect, your perception of conservatives seems to have been formed by those who are liberal. The picture you paint is as much a caricature of a conservative as some posters on this board sometimes paints of liberals.

yermom
1/12/2010, 08:12 PM
or he could have turned on Fox News or listened to some talk radio ;)

(or hung out on the South Oval)

Frozen Sooner
1/12/2010, 08:28 PM
Yeah, because portraying liberals as people who never look to root causes for societal problems versus the Solomon-like wisdom of the conservatives was a particularly nuanced and accurate portrayal of the opposing side. Take that, Chuck! Straw men aren't allowed around here!

soonerscuba
1/12/2010, 08:32 PM
I think we can all agree the answer is using church taxes to force lesbians to have abortions on demand.

1/12/2010, 08:52 PM
Yeah, because portraying liberals as people who never look to root causes for societal problems versus the Solomon-like wisdom of the conservatives was a particularly nuanced and accurate portrayal of the opposing side. Take that, Chuck! Straw men aren't allowed around here!Socialism and Marxism have always sucked, Mike. They're against human nature. All the wishing and hoping in the world won't change it. We are SO SCREWED!!!

Frozen Sooner
1/12/2010, 08:58 PM
Socialism and Marxism have always sucked, Mike. They're against human nature. All the wishing and hoping in the world won't change it. We are SO SCREWED!!!

That's a nice non-sequitur.

soonerscuba
1/12/2010, 09:08 PM
That's a nice non-sequitur.Hey, just because you don't understand the most basic aspects of policy formation doesn't mean you can't be an expert on "human nature".

Veritas
1/12/2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah, because portraying liberals as people who never look to root causes for societal problems versus the Solomon-like wisdom of the conservatives was a particularly nuanced and accurate portrayal of the opposing side. Take that, Chuck! Straw men aren't allowed around here!
Touche.

or he could have turned on Fox News or listened to some talk radio
Which is sorta the point I'm trying to make in between erecting straw men. Rush and Fox don't represent conservatives any more than Olberman and Maddow represent liberals. They're elements at ends of the spectrum and being on the extreme gets more attention.

Most of the folks I know, even if they label themselves as liberal OR conservative, have perspectives that are far too nuanced to really be solidly one or another.

Chuck Bao
1/12/2010, 10:59 PM
Chuck, with respect, your perception of conservatives seems to have been formed by those who are liberal. The picture you paint is as much a caricature of a conservative as some posters on this board sometimes paints of liberals.

Veritas, with all due respect, okay. I was really out of line with my response but I don't doubt there are many, many who feel that way.

The key point that you haven't addressed is the economic problems and how our country can get out of this mess. Stop spending is just an easy, easy comeback without giving details and that also is the heart of the conseratives' problem. You can't cut spending without cutting down on the wars and NO conservative is willing to agree to that. Afterall, they are pro-America and pro-military. It would be unpatriotic to suggest otherwise. Instead, they have their own strawman in some welfare queen that is punching out babies to increase her welfare checks. Meanwhile, our troops are not getting the flak jackets they need and deserve.

It is really a very, very ugly thing and I hate that politics is costing the lives of our brave troops as well as people who can no longer afford health insurance. The fact that there are people who benefit from this hardship and they are sponsors of our congressmen just makes me angry.

1/13/2010, 12:50 AM
Touche.

Which is sorta the point I'm trying to make in between erecting straw men. Rush and Fox don't represent conservatives any more than Olberman and Maddow represent liberals. They're elements at ends of the spectrum and being on the extreme gets more attention.

Most of the folks I know, even if they label themselves as liberal OR conservative, have perspectives that are far too nuanced to really be solidly one or another.haha

yermom
1/13/2010, 12:50 AM
V's never met you, has he? :D

Veritas
1/13/2010, 12:51 AM
The key point that you haven't addressed is the economic problems and how our country can get out of this mess. Stop spending is just an easy, easy comeback without giving details and that also is the heart of the conseratives' problem. You can't cut spending without cutting down on the wars and NO conservative is willing to agree to that. Afterall, they are pro-America and pro-military. It would be unpatriotic to suggest otherwise. Instead, they have their own strawman in some welfare queen that is punching out babies to increase her welfare checks. Meanwhile, our troops are not getting the flak jackets they need and deserve.
I think you're wrong there. True conservatives, Goldwater conservatives, want to get the hell of out these wars. They're too expensive and it's arguable that we are accomplishing our goals, whatever those are (another problem). The politics of hegemony under the Bush administration need to be reversed.

With respect to the economic mess, that depends on what one sees as the root of the problem. This conservative sees two major contributing factors:

1) A lack of regulation of bond valuations that allowed financiers to effectively launder debt.

2) Too much credit offered to people that weren't qualified for it. We can argue about if it was the banks being greedy or the government pushing sub-prime loans to help minorities (a combination of both, IMO) but it's irrelevant. The net effect was that unqualifed borrowers got money given to them to buy homes. That never should have happened.

These two factors led to dramatic over-valuation of assets. Eventually the bottom fell out. We shouldn't have passed the stimulus plans, but we did, so that's the reality we've got to deal with.

The health care thing is sheer idiocy in it's current form. There needs to be health care reform, but it does not need to be in the form of taxpayer funded plans for those that can't afford it. All that's doing is treating the symptom, high cost, without addressing the causes (which are legion). The government should get tough with health insurance companies, audit the state of malpractice insurance, claims, etc. Basically what I'm saying is that the government needs to come in and be a nut-cutting referee, not a player in the game. It needs to do it's job, which is to *protect* the people, not *provide* for them.

So, in a nutshell:
1) Get out of the wars.
2) Trash the current health bill and audit the **** out of the healthcare industry with particular focus to the delta between actuarial predictions and premiums as well as malpractice insurance, claims, and lawsuits.
3) Can't really change the CDO/lending debacle, but the policy of lending as social reform needs to go out the window. It helped to **** us all. Concurrently, the debt-swapping practices in which Wall Street engages needs to be more heavily regulated.

Since you opened the door to the closet, if gay people want to get married, awesome. It will be an economic boost to several industries (wedding, legal, travel). There is historical precedent for this out in Cali before the Prop 8 thing.

There's lots more but I'm tired and nobody is probably going to read all of this ****. Sure am glad Lane Kiffin got the eff out of Tennessee.

1/13/2010, 01:04 AM
the most basic aspects of policy formation enlighten us, professor.

1/13/2010, 01:33 AM
2) Too much credit offered to people that weren't qualified for it. We can argue about if it was the banks being greedy or the government pushing sub-prime loans to help minorities (a combination of both, IMO) but it's irrelevant. The net effect was that unqualifed borrowers got money given to them to buy homes. That never should have happened.

... but the policy of lending as social reform needs to go out the window. It helped to **** us all.

Sure am glad Lane Kiffin got the eff out of Tennessee.Your point #2 is the foundation for our economic collapse. This was done by govt. meddling in the economy, with sanctions as punishment for non-compliance by mortgage bankers. The blame is squarely on the govt. and its forceful control of the mortgage lending industry. The lenders passed on the bad loans, so they wouldn't get stuck with them. What would you expect them to do.

Maybe Tennessee will stop raiding OK for some of its best athletes, now. Bad enough that you bugeaters, and the effing cows, as well, are dipping into our talent trough.

LosAngelesSooner
1/13/2010, 04:30 AM
I didn't think I would have to call you out as some right-wing nut job. Okay, I just did.
*shrug*

I'm used to it. When you're in the middle, you get called an "extremist" by BOTH sides...

Collier11
1/13/2010, 04:45 AM
*shrug*

I'm used to it. When you're in the middle, you get called an "extremist" by BOTH sides...

Funniest thing youve ever posted, bar none

LosAngelesSooner
1/13/2010, 05:36 AM
Yet it's true, nonetheless...

LosAngelesSooner
1/13/2010, 05:44 AM
I have NO idea what you meant in that last spek message...and I don't think I wanna know...

Collier11
1/13/2010, 05:46 AM
dont discuss spek on the board, follow the rules :D

and it was regarding your spek comment

LosAngelesSooner
1/13/2010, 06:09 AM
Ah...gotcha...:D

Sooner24
1/13/2010, 10:19 AM
*shrug*

The middle? :rolleyes:

Veritas
1/13/2010, 01:19 PM
*shrug*

That's what fuels my argument that nobody sees themselves as an extremist. It's all those other people that are more left or right than you (the royal you) that are the extremists.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/13/2010, 01:52 PM
I am an extremist!!

Sooner98
1/13/2010, 02:06 PM
In Palin's defense, she is clean, articulate, light-skinned and is lacking a negro dialect, all good qualities to have.

Wait, it's now acceptable and un-racist to talk like that, right?

MamaMia
1/13/2010, 02:36 PM
Here is a video link of her debut on Bill O'Reilly's show...

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3966691/foxs-new-face

Frozen Sooner
1/13/2010, 02:39 PM
In Palin's defense, she is clean, articulate, light-skinned and is lacking a negro dialect, all good qualities to have.

Wait, it's now acceptable and un-racist to talk like that, right?

For a given value of articulate, perhaps.

Scott D
1/13/2010, 03:10 PM
What inquiring pro small business, anti welfare pro small government anti poltiical party affiliation type of people want to know is..

DID SHE MENTION VICE PRESIDENT O'BIDEN?

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/13/2010, 03:16 PM
She said that Jay Leno was better than Vice President Conan O'Biden

MamaMia
1/13/2010, 03:29 PM
What inquiring pro small business, anti welfare pro small government anti poltiical party affiliation type of people want to know is..

DID SHE MENTION VICE PRESIDENT O'BIDEN?
I believe she said that O'Biden was at home trying to figure out which article of the Constitution covers his part in the Executive Branch. ;)

Scott D
1/13/2010, 03:47 PM
heh

LosAngelesSooner
1/13/2010, 04:34 PM
That's what fuels my argument that nobody sees themselves as an extremist. It's all those other people that are more left or right than you (the royal you) that are the extremists.But you and I have very, very close political ideals so we're used to people on both sides getting grumpy with us.

Shoot...according to all my friends out here I'm a gun toting, redneck conservative who's stuck in the past. LOL

LosAngelesSooner
1/13/2010, 04:36 PM
I believe she said that O'Biden was at home trying to figure out which article of the Constitution covers his part in the Executive Branch. ;)
None.

Cheney burned the Constitution while he was in office...they're still trying to find if anything is left...

1/13/2010, 05:13 PM
Palin on Beck's tv show right now, for the whole hour. You libs oughta watch this, to see if these 2 are as VILE, EVIL and STUPID as you might want to believe.

LosAngelesSooner
1/13/2010, 05:36 PM
What? Like something about either one of those loony tunes has changed?

pshaw...

Collier11
1/13/2010, 05:47 PM
I dont like or dislike either as I really dont watch cable news all that much but I do find it humorous that the two tv conservatives that the libs hate/fear most are the two with the highest ratings, Beck and Oreilly

LosAngelesSooner
1/13/2010, 08:01 PM
Hate to break it to you, but nobody fears Beck and I doubt anyone fears O'Reilly.

A Sooner in Texas
1/13/2010, 08:08 PM
Hate to break it to you, but nobody fears Beck and I doubt anyone fears O'Reilly.

Well, they might fear for their sanity from watching either.

1/13/2010, 08:33 PM
Well, they might fear for their sanity from watching either.That's right. insanity sells on FOXNEWS. It's the first network to discover that fact.

Collier11
1/13/2010, 08:33 PM

welp, there it is again folks, LAS says something so it must be true...nevermind all the whining and crying about them

LosAngelesSooner
1/13/2010, 10:12 PM
welp, there it is again folks, LAS says something so it must be true...nevermind all the whining and crying about them
Uhm...HATE and FEAR do NOT go hand in hand.

I HATE boiled spinach, but I do not FEAR it.

I love how some of your brains "work." :rolleyes:

GKeeper316
1/13/2010, 11:11 PM
Somewhat relatedly, why do working or middle class neo cons take up the cause of anti-environmental regulation, global warming as a hoax, social programs and other issues which really could benefit them if they took the opposing views? I mean I understand how a wealthy conservative would hold these views because it gets in the way of corporate profit taking, but why would someone living in a shack in Eastern Kentucky be so opposed to government social programs and environmental regulation? Are there really that many suckers out there who unknowingly advocate the interests of the wealthy? Have those in power manipulated the masses to such a degree? If so, have they done it through the media pundits?

because of the american dream.

all the middle class hard working folks in the usa are convinced that one day they will be millionaire successful business owners, and should begin to act the part right away, regardless of the fact that they just plain dont understand macroeconomics.

not everyone gets to be rich. the overwhelming majority of us will muddle through life working 40 hours a week for a paycheck that wont change over the 30 years we're in the workforce, trying to squirrel some money away for retirement, only to discover that social security is a lie and that we'll be working (in one way or another) until we can no longer stand un-aided.

o ya sarah palin is a dumb bitch and in a perfect world would never have been elected to anything, anywhere. unfortunately the average voter in america is at least as stupid as she is.

Collier11
1/13/2010, 11:14 PM
all I can say is that I watched about 20 minutes of Oreilly the other day and saw him compliment and defend this administration a couple of times, I have never once heard madow or olberman or any of those tool bags say anything that wasnt slanted to their side. So maybe Fox isnt as fair and balanced as they claim to be and im sure they sensationalize as all networks do, but they are alot more fair and balanced than anytime ive watched those other jackholes on other networks

LosAngelesSooner
1/14/2010, 02:05 AM
all I can say is that I watched about 20 minutes of Oreilly the other day and saw him compliment and defend this administration a couple of times, I have never once heard madow or olberman or any of those tool bags say anything that wasnt slanted to their side. So maybe Fox isnt as fair and balanced as they claim to be and im sure they sensationalize as all networks do, but they are alot more fair and balanced than anytime ive watched those other jackholes on other networksLet me get this straight...you hold up one of the more rational and moderate (though still conservative leaning despite his frequent denials) commentators on Fox, compare him to two of the most ultra-crazy liberal commentators on MSNBC and then use that example to demonstrate how Fox is more fair and balanced than EVERY OTHER NETWORK.

I...LOVE how your brain works...:D

Collier11
1/14/2010, 02:07 AM
I base it off of how alot of the libs on this board gripe about oreilly and fox news being the opposite of fair and balanced. And im not just talking about Oreillys show, just an example

King Crimson
1/14/2010, 06:31 AM
Palin is dumb as a rock. try and defend her and the "aw shucks i love Reagan" button-pushing BS like it's interesting or real politics and economic theory?

it's Bill Christal coaching up the LCD again. the quicker you realize it, the better for the GOP and US politics.

Palin is Dan Quayle II. exact same handler.

XingTheRubicon
1/14/2010, 09:05 AM
hey, get off my insulin

Veritas
1/14/2010, 12:38 PM
Palin is Dan Quayle II. exact same handler.Way better hooters, though. Man would I love to motorboat that.

1/14/2010, 01:11 PM
Palin is dumb as a rock. try and defend her and the "aw shucks i love Reagan" button-pushing BS like it's interesting or real politics and economic theory?

it's Bill Christal coaching up the LCD again. the quicker you realize it, the better for the GOP and US politics.

Palin is Dan Quayle II. exact same handler.That daggone Dan Quayle, with his inferior 142 IQ. King, your leftist machine has been trying their best to portray Palin as stupid, like they did Quayle. I don't think it's gonna work this time. Hope i'm wrong.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/14/2010, 02:12 PM

Cheney should have that answer. Most likely it'll be the one that says the VP can do anything at all with 0 ramifications.

BermudaSooner
1/14/2010, 04:07 PM
What are you talking about? Conservatism is about harkening back to some perceived golden era and naïve childhood memories about what was great with America.

I love when libs try and tell me what I believe. I wish I could be so enlightened as you.

BermudaSooner
1/14/2010, 04:10 PM

Because good conservatives, or whatever slanderous thing you want to label us don't believe in getting something for nothing. We don't believe it is right to take from the rich and give to the poor simply because the poor outnumber the rich.

Who is Jon Galt? I think you should find out.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/14/2010, 05:26 PM
I love when libs try and tell me what I believe. I wish I could be so enlightened as you.

Well the point is pretty much right on however. I get tired of hearing, "I remember when this country was such and such"
I miss Reagen!! Well did you enjoy constantly being prepared for nuclear annihilation. Do you miss the long waiting line for gas and Vietnam of the seventies. Do you miss the racial and sexual segregation of the 60's. Every era has its issues, so quit talking about how wonderful the world used to be.

C&CDean
1/14/2010, 05:48 PM
Well the point is pretty much right on however. I get tired of hearing, "I remember when this country was such and such"
I miss Reagen!! Well did you enjoy constantly being prepared for nuclear annihilation. Do you miss the long waiting line for gas and Vietnam of the seventies. Do you miss the racial and sexual segregation of the 60's. Every era has its issues, so quit talking about how wonderful the world used to be.

If SF.com is still around in a couple three decades, and you're posting on it, we're gonna see "damn I miss the good old days. You know when the president was just half black, and not a cross-dressing hermaphrodyte who only speaks yiddish."

It's part of getting older. We miss the simplicity of the older days - even though things weren't really that simple back then, it just seemed that way. I laugh when I see young whippersnappers talking out their *** about old folks waxing nostalgic about the good ol' days. Someday, Lord willing, you're gonna be that old fart the young folks are laughing at. What's really ironic though is that I laugh harder back at you because your day is coming, and the harder you make it on the old folks, the worse your turn in the barrell is gonna be.

GKeeper316
1/14/2010, 06:10 PM
Because good conservatives, or whatever slanderous thing you want to label us don't believe in getting something for nothing. We don't believe it is right to take from the rich and give to the poor simply because the poor outnumber the rich.

Who is Jon Galt? I think you should find out.

even if the rich got to be rich due to years of unfair labor practices and exploitation?

ill try to keep in mind how fair business owners are the next time my boss tries to add more responsibility to my job without adding any more compensation.

most of the rich folks in america got that way off the backs of the working class, so the working class organized into labor unions, which pissed off the rich guys, so the rich guys get thier fellow rich guys elected to office and pass laws that make it so unions wont even try to organize anymore (at least in oklahoma)

i dont begrudge the wealthy for being wealthy... but there are some people in america that are so rich, the interest alone from all thier money could feed and house every homeless person in the country, but what do they do with it? nothing. they dont make the world a better place and the only legacy they leave is a trail of spoiled offspring (i.e. paris hilton, amanda hearst, et al) who not only dont care about thier fellow man, they hold the non rich with downright contempt.

1/14/2010, 06:20 PM
even if the rich got to be rich due to years of unfair labor practices and exploitation?

ill try to keep in mind how fair business owners are the next time my boss tries to add more responsibility to my job without adding any more compensation.

most of the rich folks in america got that way off the backs of the working class, so the working class organized into labor unions, which pissed off the rich guys, so the rich guys get thier fellow rich guys elected to office and pass laws that make it so unions wont even try to organize anymore (at least in oklahoma)
Unfortunately, the unions tend to destroy businesses, and the economy. Many in union leadership don't seem to care whether a business is profitable, and actually prefer for a company to close their doors, rather than to make reasonable concessions. Damn those rich guys, for building businesses and creating employment.

C&CDean
1/14/2010, 06:26 PM

i dont begrudge the wealthy for being wealthy... but there are some people in america that are so rich, the interest alone from all thier money could feed and house every homeless person in the country, but what do they do with it? nothing. they dont make the world a better place and the only legacy they leave is a trail of spoiled offspring (i.e. paris hilton, amanda hearst, et al) who not only dont care about thier fellow man, they hold the non rich with downright contempt.

Talk about being all over the place.

1. Unions had a place and purpose - long before you were even born. Unions have far outlived their usefulness, and if you're asking me, unions are COMPLETELY responsible for the rusting of Detroit/Chicago/etc. and all the jobs going overseas. **** em'. They need to go away.

2. People that earned their money honestly and through hard work shouldn't be taxed one extra dime or have to give anyone anything if they don't want to. They sacrificed, they should get the reward. Period.

3. The only "celebrities" who should be forced to pay are the ones who open their filthy traps and chastise others about not giving to the needy. When I see Kobe Bryant give $10mil to charity, or Paris Hilton then maybe I'll give my share too. Actually, I already give my share to the charities of MY choice, and I don't need the government taking more just to fund some lazy **********s. If people are stupid enough to pay all that money to go see their movie or watch them play, then God bless em'. The money is theirs. Just don't start bashing me about not giving unless you're giving the same percentage.

4. While I don't begrudge the people born with the silver spoon in their yapper, it does irk me when I see them flaunting about and "holding the poor in contempt." Let them have to earn their keep instead of spending their daddy's hardearned bucks on speedballs and Mercedes Benz's.

GKeeper316
1/14/2010, 06:27 PM
Unfortunately, the unions tend to destroy businesses, and the economy. Many in union leadership don't seem to care whether a business is profitable, and actually prefer for a company to close their doors, rather than to make reasonable concessions. Damn those rich guys, for building businesses and creating employment.

i guess it boils down to what you consider a fair profit.

the mark up on new homes is between 40 and 60 percent. thats a hell of a profit margin considering housing is a basic need of people everywhere. its not like a luxury yacht ffs. these are homes.

Veritas
1/14/2010, 06:35 PM

most of the rich folks in america got that way off the backs of the working class...
If you don't like your situation, that responsibility is completely your own. You can whine about it, your current tactic, which has a 0% chance of changing our economic status. You can suck it up, learn as much as you can from your current job by actually applying yourself 100%, and increase your value as employee to your next employer. Or even better, start your own business. The bonus there is that you'll get an education on how rich people actually get that way and, spoiler alert, it's not by exploiting others (unless you're looking to open a paycheck advance place or something).

All that **** about the working class, others getting rich off your back, that's a broke-dick loser mentality. Only people that are going to nod their heads and go "yeah, preach on brother" are other broke-dick losers, and those people can't and won't help you.

C&CDean
1/14/2010, 06:38 PM
What he said ^^^

GKeeper316
1/14/2010, 06:45 PM
All that **** about the working class, others getting rich off your back, that's a broke-dick loser mentality. Only people that are going to nod their heads and go "yeah, preach on brother" are other broke-dick losers, and those people can't and won't help you.

ok i dont care if you're a mod, and you can ban me for saying it... but **** you, dude. you dont get to call me a broke-dick loser just because of your position.

i have a degree in broadcasting from the university of oklahoma. when i graduated, local news was still successful and profitable. but that was way back before internet advertising became a more successful marketing tool than local television. am i to blame for not being able to see the future when i graduated before there even WAS an internet?

C&CDean
1/14/2010, 06:50 PM
Dude, it ain't his "position" at all. It's just that whining about your situation instead of busting your hump to better it reeks of brokedickness. Just sayin'.

GKeeper316
1/14/2010, 06:53 PM
Dude, it ain't his "position" at all. It's just that whining about your situation instead of busting your hump to better it reeks of brokedickness. Just sayin'.

im not whining about my situation. my situation is fine... well not as fine as id like, which is why im getting the hell out of the tv biz and going back to school.

i was speaking more broadly than myself.

1/14/2010, 07:05 PM
i guess it boils down to what you consider a fair profit.

the mark up on new homes is between 40 and 60 percent. thats a hell of a profit margin considering housing is a basic need of people everywhere. its not like a luxury yacht ffs. these are homes.are you helpless?

GKeeper316
1/14/2010, 07:09 PM
are you helpless?

something about the price of tea in china comes to mind here...

Veritas
1/14/2010, 07:44 PM
ok i dont care if you're a mod, and you can ban me for saying it... but **** you, dude. you dont get to call me a broke-dick loser just because of your position.
Lol...****, I'm not going to ban you for that, you just saved me a bunch of typing by proving my point for me.

1/14/2010, 07:51 PM
something about the price of tea in china comes to mind here...You're complaining about people making "excess profits" when selling a home, instead of negotiating them down, building your own, or maybe wanting the effing government to punish them some way. Hence the question, "are you helpless"?

helpless due to whininess and/or laziness=brokedickness

KC//CRIMSON
1/14/2010, 07:57 PM
Rest easy tonight, simple America. Your caribou champion's intellect is sharper than ever before!

yXNn3dRYV9Q

GKeeper316
1/14/2010, 08:25 PM
You're complaining about people making "excess profits" when selling a home, instead of negotiating them down, building your own, or maybe wanting the effing government to punish them some way. Hence the question, "are you helpless"?

helpless due to whininess and/or laziness=brokedickness

ok i misunderstood. i thought we were having an intelligent conversation debating differing political points of view. i didnt know we were calling each other names and making personal attacks based on nothing in particular.

so if you're rush limaugh's clone, does that mean, like him, you're a fat racist ******nozzle who should be doing time for illegally aquiring presription pain medication, but managed to avoid prosecution because of who he is?

once agian... i am not complaining about my personal situation, which is fine. i have a good job that, for the time being, pays my bills and allows me to live comfortably. that is changing, however, due to the nature of advertising money and how its now being spent, and recognizing this trend, have enrolled in school to retrain so i can get an even better job in an industry that isnt tanking.

1/14/2010, 08:31 PM
so if you're rush limaugh's clone, does that mean, like him, you're a fat racist ******nozzle who should be doing time for illegally aquiring presription pain medication, but managed to avoid prosecution because of who he is?

.Forgive them! They just cain't hep it!

Chuck Bao
1/14/2010, 09:30 PM
Good grief! Typical republicans: get a job, work harder and don't whine, while conveniently ignoring the fact that 8 years of a republican administration drove the country into the ground.

Don't talk to be that it was either 1) the fault of Congress or 2) politics as per normal. Palin represents more bipartisanship without offering solutions.

Collier11
1/14/2010, 09:32 PM
There is no such thing anymore as partisanship Chuck, you know that. There have been good Repubs and Good dems but here lately we havent seen much good on either side, they are all too caught up in their own affairs to care about the country

soonerscuba
1/14/2010, 09:40 PM
If you don't like your situation, that responsibility is completely your own. You can whine about it, your current tactic, which has a 0% chance of changing our economic status. You can suck it up, learn as much as you can from your current job by actually applying yourself 100%, and increase your value as employee to your next employer. Or even better, start your own business. The bonus there is that you'll get an education on how rich people actually get that way and, spoiler alert, it's not by exploiting others (unless you're looking to open a paycheck advance place or something).

All that **** about the working class, others getting rich off your back, that's a broke-dick loser mentality. Only people that are going to nod their heads and go "yeah, preach on brother" are other broke-dick losers, and those people can't and won't help you.Work is a virtue to itself and it certainly won't make you rich, it damn sure won't hurt though. I've seen enough people half as smart as their peers with double the work ethic to know it makes a big difference. The real trick is being both, which are few and far between.

TUSooner
1/14/2010, 10:02 PM
They were looking for someone to out-crazy Glenn Beck.

Check.

the_ouskull

If they get a few more people on that show they'll almost have one complete brain.

1/15/2010, 12:28 AM
If they get a few more people on that show they'll almost have one complete brain.Are you tired? you've got more than that!!!

Scott D
1/15/2010, 03:53 PM
I'm pretty sure somehow ACORN got Palin her job with Fox News. It certainly wasn't her actual experience resume as a sportscaster...and I use that term loosely. She was barely half a step up from the bimbo traffic girl on the news.

C&CDean
1/15/2010, 04:51 PM
I'm pretty sure somehow ACORN got Palin her job with Fox News. It certainly wasn't her actual experience resume as a sportscaster...and I use that term loosely. She was barely half a step up from the bimbo traffic girl on the news.

Muh****a, you'd tap that eskimanian *** like a starving man would tap a triple cheeseburger.

Scott D
1/15/2010, 05:42 PM
how you know I didn't already tap it son..

Frozen Sooner
1/15/2010, 06:16 PM
how you know I didn't already tap it son..

Because, according to her father, she's scared of brown people.

TopDawg
1/15/2010, 06:52 PM

Kinda like all the conservatives whining about the liberal media, huh? Thank God Rupert Murdoch came along. ;)

1/15/2010, 06:55 PM
Because, Huffington Post reports, according to her father, she's scared of brown people.ya, a good and reliable source. Good, predictable goin', senor.

Frozen Sooner
1/15/2010, 07:00 PM
ya, a good and reliable source. Good, predictable goin', senor.

To turn your own usual argument against you, how the hell would you know what's on Huffington Post?

1/15/2010, 08:27 PM
To turn your own usual argument against you, how the hell would you know what's on Huffington Post?That doesn't sound like much of a denial to me.

Frozen Sooner
1/15/2010, 08:29 PM
That doesn't sound like much of a denial to me.

So you're saying that Sarah Palin DID make sex to Scott?

1/15/2010, 08:33 PM
So you're saying that Sarah Palin DID make sex to Scott?Maybe she told her dad what to tell Ariana Huffington, to get you guys all excited.

Frozen Sooner
1/15/2010, 08:52 PM
Doesn't sound like much of a denial to me.

So far we've resolved two issues:

1. HuffPo reported that Chuck Heath said his daughter was scared of brown people.
2. Sarah Palin made sex to Scott D.

We're getting somewhere here, people. This is better than Hannity & Colmes ever was.

1/15/2010, 09:01 PM
Doesn't sound like much of a denial to me.

So far we've resolved two issues:

1. HuffPo reported that Chuck Heath said his daughter was scared of brown people.
2. Sarah Palin made sex to Scott D.

We're getting somewhere here, people. This is better than Hannity & Colmes ever was.Your point #2 ?

C&CDean
1/15/2010, 09:02 PM
Alls I wanna know Scott is does her poon smell like Alaskan salmon, whale blubber, or some fine caribou fat?

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/16/2010, 03:54 AM
I have heard it smells like expended shotgun shells

Scott D
1/16/2010, 08:42 PM
Alls I wanna know Scott is does her poon smell like Alaskan salmon, whale blubber, or some fine caribou fat?

two day old salmon.

Scott D
1/16/2010, 08:43 PM
Because, according to her father, she's scared of brown people.

What can I say, I unleashed the beast.