PDA

View Full Version : Somepne please tell me that...

prrriiide
1/11/2010, 03:37 PM
Coaches Stoops, Heupel and Wilson have USC commit Xavier Grimble on their speed dial.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/jan/09/gormans-grimble-listening-other-schools-after-shak/

"I wouldn't say that I am de-committed, but I definitely open-minded to other schools," Grimble said. "Things have changed. I am going to take some visits and see where is the best place for me."

Grimble, who caught 35 passes for 705 yards and nine touchdowns in 2009, is rated as the nation's No. 1 tight end by multiple scouting services. He is consensus top 50 prospect.

bonkuba
1/11/2010, 03:46 PM
Would be nice for Gresh to speak with him....I don't know how the rules work though. Gresh came into my store from time to time here in Ardmore and he is one of the most humble and well spoken gents I have met. He is a true Sooner.

Another tightend threat would be GREAT!!!!!:D

StoopTroup
1/11/2010, 03:56 PM
I think this video shows a lot of his blocking stuff. It looks to me like he might need some help there but the others that show him catching a ball and his down field presence after the catch...really spectacular to be sure.

iLnsyhKAKyk

prrriiide
1/11/2010, 04:00 PM
I think this video shows a lot of his blocking stuff. It looks to me like he might need some help there but the others that show him catching a ball and his down field presence after the catch...really spectacular to be sure.

Sounds like a certain other highly-recruited freshman TE already mentioned in this thread.

MamaMia
1/11/2010, 04:01 PM
Would be nice for Gresh to speak with him....I don't know how the rules work though. Gresh came into my store from time to time here in Ardmore and he is one of the most humble and well spoken gents I have met. He is a true Sooner.

Another tightend threat would be GREAT!!!!!:D Former Sooners can not do anything remotely close to what could be seen as recruiting, unless they are paid members of the coaching staff. [USC]Other teams[USC] may be able to get by with that, but no way would OU be able to do so.

StoopTroup
1/11/2010, 04:06 PM
Sounds like a certain other highly-recruited freshman TE already mentioned in this thread.

That was one of his downsides but he darn sure made up for it when he caught a pass. Thanks Jermaine!

Bourbon St Sooner
1/11/2010, 04:30 PM
He's a Vegas guy? Why's he not in our Vegas pipeline? LSU - has he seen leslie's let'er rip tape? Fla - Meyer will be trying to sleep with his mama.

stoopified
1/11/2010, 05:18 PM
Former Sooners can not do anything remotely close to what could be seen as recruiting, unless they are paid members of the coaching staff. [USC]Other teams[USC] may be able to get by with that, but no way would OU be able to do so.
I'm thinking since Jermaine is still in school he can still help recruit players.

I would point though that with or without additional recruits at TE we should be better at the position next year.Ikard is coming off injury redshirt and uf memory serves he averaged about NINETEEN yards a catch in his senior year with 9TDs.We also have Heyward and Millsrd coming in snd Musil coming off redshirt as well.

goingoneight
1/11/2010, 05:34 PM
It would still be nice to begin keeping more than one decent receiving TE on hand. That killed us this year without JG. Sam and LJ both saw a lot more blitzes and double coverages.