PDA

View Full Version : Rule changes for 2010 year

Dan Thompson
1/10/2010, 05:10 PM
What are the rule changes for next year?

JLEW1818
1/10/2010, 05:12 PM
idk if they have talked yet?

Flagstaffsooner
1/10/2010, 05:26 PM
11.3b All fans must wear their underwear inside out and bend over and fart towards austin in October.

85sooners
1/10/2010, 05:34 PM
:D

kevpks
1/10/2010, 08:14 PM
Since Tebow is gone will there even be a season next year? I assumed the college football world would have a year of mourning.

MamaMia
1/11/2010, 12:34 AM
I hope the players will get to celebrate in a respectful but fun way when they score, but I wont hold my breath.

SGT Park3R
1/11/2010, 07:06 AM
Something about the Rose Bowl. I know, vague.

sooneredaco
1/11/2010, 08:49 AM
USC will no longer be able to pay for players now that Peter is gone

hgarmorer
1/11/2010, 10:39 AM
Coaches will have to hire assistants to tie thier shoes during games

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2010, 01:34 PM
Something about the Rose Bowl. I know, vague.

It will be deemed "hallowed ground" and the Aggie corps will be used to protect the turf...;)

OUDoc
1/11/2010, 01:50 PM
We'll have to wait and see what Mack whines about over the summer.

Pricetag
1/11/2010, 01:56 PM
Sure wouldn't mind seeing the incidental facemask come back as a five-yarder. I figured when they did away with that penalty, they'd no longer call the incidental ones, but it seems like all facemasks are still called, but now they're all personal fouls.

goingoneight
1/11/2010, 02:19 PM
kickers who can't kick it off a tee past the 5 must pay for their tuition.

StoopTroup
1/11/2010, 02:19 PM
We'll have to wait and see what Mack whines about over the summer.

It really is all about the mack.

OUDoc
1/11/2010, 02:21 PM
They should really have one of us fans making the instant replay call. I have no idea how the officials can get so many calls wrong when they're looking at the same replay I'm seeing.
The correct call would also be made in under 60 seconds.

jumperstop
1/12/2010, 04:20 AM
Make replays less sucky and less often. Stop calling those stupid out of bounds hits unless it really looks like the player could have stopped for sure, kinda wimpifying football. Also there needs to be more consistency on the horse coller and on the celebration penalties.

StoopTroup
1/12/2010, 04:27 AM
Also there needs to be more consistency on the horse coller and on the celebration penalties.

Yep. Like quit calling the horse collar and let them celebrate with a few high or low fives. I'll agree that Miami took it all to far back in the day....but they could allow some celebration to take place.

jkjsooner
1/12/2010, 10:39 AM
My suggestions:

1. Get rid of the personal foul for pulling hair. Ricky Williams wannabes shouldn't be at an advantage because guys are accidentally grabbing their hair. If you don't want to be tackled by the hair, cut it.

2. Let the replay official make the call as he best sees it. Allow the officials to make a call "without bias" so that the replay official isn't hancuffed by "irrefutable evidence." Maybe allow the official who made the call to talk to the replay official and discuss whether he really saw the play well and if not consider the call made without bias and let the replay official make the call.

This is really important in cases such as fumbles where the officials try to let the play continue (for replay) but that clearly biases everything toward a fumble.

I'd also make an exception to the above to state that turnovers must be conclusive no matter what the call on the field was. I don't like calling a turnover unless someone clearly saw that it was a turnover.