PDA

View Full Version : Moral victories

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2010, 03:34 AM
Cruising through the Horn sites, it's starting to look to me like the Horns are counting the loss as a moral victory.

Sounds kinda' aggie.

n8v_ndn
1/10/2010, 03:49 AM
Any week now before they start printing 'Longhorns never lose, they just run outta time.' t-shirts.

They were doing all they could to focus on the positive--glowing about Gilbert's performance, how good Newton will be next year, blah blah blah.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2010, 03:53 AM
How much the nation respects them for their play.

BFD.

Desert Sapper
1/10/2010, 08:50 AM
They gonna put a * up on their stadium?

fadada1
1/10/2010, 10:05 AM
They gonna change their stadium to an *?
fixed

Partial Qualifier
1/10/2010, 10:54 AM
theyre desperately trying to fluff up a difference between OU's loss to Florida last year and their loss to Bama this year because for 12 months they poo-poo'ed OU's effort and now theyre faced with the exact same situation: they simply got beat by a better team.

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2010, 11:09 AM
Any week now before they start printing 'Longhorns never lose, they just run outta time.' t-shirts.

They were doing all they could to focus on the positive--glowing about Gilbert's performance, how good Newton will be next year, blah blah blah.

But Alabama outscored them in the fourth quarter...

bringit
1/10/2010, 11:25 AM
Colt should have foregone his Sr. season instead of risking millions.

soonerloyal
1/10/2010, 11:28 AM
Timmah should have foregone his Sr. season instead of risking millions of people laughing at his tears.

TexasLidig8r
1/10/2010, 01:58 PM
theyre desperately trying to fluff up a difference between OU's loss to Florida last year and their loss to Bama this year because for 12 months they poo-poo'ed OU's effort and now theyre faced with the exact same situation: they simply got beat by a better team.

wow...

Was Bradford injured on the first series of the Florida game last year and you had to play with Landry Jones the entire game? You're comparing apples and turnips.

Perhaps if you want to make a more apt comparison, compare Texas - Bama with Ou and USC.. we lost Colt on the first series, your guy dropped a punt. The difference? Our loss was catastrophic and yet.. we fought back. Your guy dropped a punt.. and your team quit.

There is no moral victory.

Injuries are part of the game.

We lost.

Congrats to Bama.

However, what we did NOT do is give up, lose heart and embarrass ourself and the conference. This Texas team showed heart, pride and played tough. THAT is what we Texas fans are proud of.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2010, 02:11 PM
Was Bradford injured on the first series of the Florida game last year and you had to play with Landry Jones the entire game? You're comparing apples and turnips.

Perhaps if you want to make a more apt comparison, compare Texas - Bama with Ou and USC.. we lost Colt on the first series, your guy dropped a punt. The difference? Our loss was catastrophic and yet.. we fought back. Your guy dropped a punt.. and your team quit.

Well, since we can now go back in time as far as we want, how about your performance in the 2000 Red River War? Did your team quit? What does that tell us about Longhorn football?

Actually, Bama quit in the third quarter in the MNC game, and only fired it back up when Texas threatened. Result? Two straight Bama touchdowns and a 16-point lead.

And Horns all over the world crying about "running up the score!" "Running up the score!"

Besides, we lost our starting QB when we played you, and we for sure didn't lose by 16 freakin' points.

However, what we did NOT do is give up, lose heart and embarrass ourself and the conference. This Texas team showed heart, pride and played tough. THAT is what we Texas fans are proud of.

Gee, that sounds like a moral victory.

Doged
1/10/2010, 02:11 PM
Well, I guess it's good to be proud of something. Kinda' aggie, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

You should give up trying to compare with Oklahoma, though. The whorns are far lacking in every respect and probably always will be.

Partial Qualifier
1/10/2010, 03:17 PM
wow...

We lost.

Congrats to Bama.

Yeah, that's hardly a more apt comparison. "BlahBlahBlah.... BUT LOOK AT THIS OVER HERE !"

We were proud but disappointed in 08. We got beat by the better team. You guys this year are proud, whiny, excuses galore, and most of your fanbase simply cannot admit that you got beat by the better team and it's funny because even as you try to shift focus to OU in 2003, you subconsciously slip in one of your hornfans.com-copyrighted excuses.

'wow' indeed. But spek for checking in to take your lumps

Partial Qualifier
1/10/2010, 03:26 PM
And again, Lid, the OP was talking about hornfans and orangebloods. It's Moral Victory Central over there.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2010, 03:41 PM
How long before they start gloating over Obama calling them to congratulate? Moral victory, indeed.

adoniijahsooner
1/10/2010, 03:44 PM
Obama thought Colt would have made a difference...

This is a thread title up on whornfans.

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/l/lol_cat-12926.jpg

soonerloyal
1/10/2010, 07:41 PM
Okay...I gotta ask...does anyone know if Obama called Bob Stoops last year? He damn well better have.

Stitch Face
1/10/2010, 07:47 PM
how about your performance in the 2000 Red River War?

The what?

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2010, 07:55 PM
Okay...I gotta ask...does anyone know if Obama called Bob Stoops last year? He damn well better have.

He wasn't the President until a week and a half after the championship game.

SoonerBacker
1/10/2010, 07:56 PM
wow...

It is funny to hear that s@*t comin from a Whorn fan! No, it didn't happen in the game against Florida last year, but it happened THIS year. And despite that fact, we still played YOU within 3.

soonerloyal
1/10/2010, 08:00 PM
Blah, blah, blah, However, what we did NOT do is give up, lose heart and embarrass ourself and the conference. This Texas team showed heart, pride and played tough. THAT is what we Texas fans are proud of.

:mad: Your team might not have (neither did ours, BTW, nor did our guys give up, lose heart, embarrass themselves OR our conference - but that's another matter)...but you & a surprisingly high number of your fellow fans sure are doing enough embarrassing yourselves. Making excuses; what-iffing till the cows come home, saying our losing Sam and all our other players didn't matter the whole season, but one game should be a practical do-over for Mack's cadre; asking for asterisks on 'Bama's Title and worst of all, blaming poor injured Colt for giving up and leaving the team hanging out to dry. Sure as hellz nothing to be proud of there, bucko.

Don't you have anything better to do than hawk your cheap arguments in our territory? We ain't buying. Sheesh.

A Sooner in Texas
1/10/2010, 08:11 PM
:mad: Your team might not have (neither did ours, BTW, nor did our guys give up, lose heart, embarrass themselves OR our conference - but that's another matter)...but you & a surprisingly high number of your fellow fans sure are doing enough embarrassing yourselves. Making excuses; what-iffing till the cows come home, saying our losing Sam and all our other players didn't matter the whole season, but one game should be a practical do-over for Mack's cadre; asking for asterisks on 'Bama's Title and worst of all, blaming poor injured Colt for giving up and leaving the team hanging out to dry. Sure as hellz nothing to be proud of there, bucko.

Don't you have anything better to do than hawk your cheap arguments in our territory? We ain't buying. Sheesh.

I do believe she took the litigator and his burnt orange bow tie to the woodshed. Bravo!

PDXsooner
1/10/2010, 08:20 PM
wow...

We lost.

Congrats to Bama.

wrong. you should feel embarassed for a few reasons. one, your defense bent over and refused to be lubed. bama ran all over you. two, the excuses flooding out of austin are causing a nationwide tsunami. you play with the hand you're dealt. and you lost by 16. 16 is a large margin.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2010, 08:23 PM
16 is a large margin..

It's 2 less than the margin at halftime, before they "fought back."

PDXsooner
1/10/2010, 08:26 PM
i think if colt played, bama would have played harder and won by 30.

SoonerMom2
1/10/2010, 09:32 PM
This is a thread title up on whornfans.

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/l/lol_cat-12926.jpg

I burst out laughing when I saw that picture. There is the problem with Texas in Austin -- Obama is a supporter. Bad karma there! I am going to be laughing about your post for a long time.

soonerloyal
1/10/2010, 09:48 PM
I burst out laughing when I saw that picture. There is the problem with Texas in Austin -- Obama is a supporter. Bad karma there! I am going to be laughing about your post for a long time.

Well, my whole (SOONER fanatics) family and I are Obama supporters, so...Bad karma, nah, don't think so. But love ya anyway.
:)

SoonerKnight
1/10/2010, 10:01 PM
wow...

We lost.

Congrats to Bama.

You guys got WHOOOPED!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I watched it and you guys were WHIPPED!!! #1 rush defense in deed. Bama passed what 8 or 9 times the whole game!!! I say again AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

A Sooner in Texas
1/10/2010, 11:02 PM
Well, my whole (SOONER fanatics) family and I are Obama supporters, so...Bad karma, nah, don't think so. But love ya anyway.
:)

And once more I agree with SoonerLoyal. :D
Of course, if Obama said something nice about the Sooners, it would cause the heads of most people on this board to explode, and not with pride.

delhalew
1/10/2010, 11:19 PM
And once more I agree with SoonerLoyal. :D
Of course, if Obama said something nice about the Sooners, it would cause the heads of most people on this board to explode, and not with pride.

He's got enough to say about things I hold dear. He can leave my Sooners the hell alone. Lucky for me His Eminence could give a damn about "fly over" states or the people that reside within.:chicken:

soonerloyal
1/10/2010, 11:33 PM
He's got enough to say about things I hold dear.

Me, too. That's why I campaigned for him. :cool: But we can take this over to the SO for further discussion.

BOOMER!