PDA

View Full Version : Vikings VS. Cowboys

sooner59
1/9/2010, 11:30 PM
I can't wait until next weekend!

:pop:

goingoneight
1/10/2010, 12:00 AM
I just hope it IS a good game... not a fumble-tastic game by AD or an interception contest between Romo and Favre.

Ardmore_Sooner
1/10/2010, 12:07 AM
I'm cheering for a non-fatal natural disaster! ;)

colleyvillesooner
1/10/2010, 01:36 AM
I have a house divided. My Wife is a new Vikings fan thanks to AD. I want AD to have a huge game, but the Boys to win. She's even trying to turn my 11 month old against me. :D

yermom
1/10/2010, 02:24 AM
it's win-win

and lose-lose :(

IronHorseSooner
1/10/2010, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I'm having real trouble with this one. I want AD to get his ring, but I am a lifelong Cowboys fan. The same thing would happen if the Cowboys were to face off against the Saints. I would love to see Hartley, Ayodele, and J. Brown get their rings, but, again, I am a Cowboys guy. Rooting for the Cowboys helped me get through the very tough Sooners' '90s.

batonrougesooner
1/10/2010, 12:19 PM
Look at it like this. Despite their win yesterday, the Cowboys really have no chance to advance to or win the Super Bowl. They will certainly stumble before then. Just how this team is. The Vikings on the other hand definitely could realistically advance to and win the Super Bowl. I'm pulling for the Vikings.

Explodo
1/10/2010, 01:04 PM
I'm hoping against all hope for the Vikes to Win and for the PAck to beat both Arizona and N.O.

The Rematch in the dome for the NFC championship would be agame for the ages. And as a suffering Vikes fan for most of my life...the potential for the vikes to lose and be subject to packer jibes for the next 500 years is enough to really make it worthwhile. And just think, If Farve wins it all...the scoreboard would be incredible.

GrapevineSooner
1/10/2010, 02:44 PM
Look at it like this. Despite their win yesterday, the Cowboys really have no chance to advance to or win the Super Bowl. They will certainly stumble before then. Just how this team is.

Yeah, they're arguably the hottest team in football right now.

There's no way they can advance to the Super Bowl, just as there was no way they could beat the Saints, have a winning record after Thanksgiving, or beat the Eagles 3 times this year. ;)

yermom
1/10/2010, 04:48 PM
we're all just so used to everything unraveling at some point

it's like this other team most of us follow...

they looked tight all over the field though. if they play like that from here on out, we should be good

Breadburner
1/10/2010, 05:09 PM
**** Texas.....

Explodo
1/10/2010, 08:13 PM
So much for my secret wish...

sooner59
1/10/2010, 11:12 PM
I would rather see AD get a ring than Jerry Jones feel joy.

Curly Bill
1/10/2010, 11:14 PM
AD is the man...

...but I'm for the Cowboys all the way in this one.

ouleaf
1/11/2010, 09:52 AM
Sorry AD, but I can't root against the 'Boys! Sunday can't get here fast enough.

Sooner04
1/11/2010, 11:12 AM
Why do some of you let college fandom effect your pro teams?

rawlingsHOH
1/11/2010, 12:31 PM
an interception contest between Romo and Favre.

Seems unlikely with 2 of the least INT prone QB's in the league. But who knows?

rawlingsHOH
1/11/2010, 12:36 PM
Look at it like this. Despite their win yesterday, the Cowboys really have no chance to advance to or win the Super Bowl. They will certainly stumble before then. Just how this team is. The Vikings on the other hand definitely could realistically advance to and win the Super Bowl. I'm pulling for the Vikings.

Both teams have a decent chance to win the NFC. All 6 teams were fairly even.

rawlingsHOH
1/11/2010, 12:38 PM
Why do some of you let college fandom effect your pro teams?
I think it is very natural to pull for Sooners in the NFL. Especially if one's first preference is the college game.

colleyvillesooner
1/17/2010, 02:01 PM
As a Cowboys fan I ask, what are we doing? Throw across the field on the KO down 14-3. Yeah, good risk.

StoopTroup
1/17/2010, 05:22 PM
Jerry Jones and Al Davis...

It's time to hand over the reigns....

YWIA

GrapevineSooner
1/17/2010, 05:24 PM
Wade not going for it on 4th down and 1 at the Minnesota 31 set the tone in this one. And it wasn't good.

And the offensive line picked a great game to have it's worst game of the year.

Still, I think Wade will get an extension. If for now other reason than there isn't any better alternative out there at this point from a coaching standpoint.

Still, I can't help but think this team may have hit it's peak because of the offensive line.