PDA

View Full Version : OU Basketball program is in complete dissaray.

ndpruitt03
1/9/2010, 08:59 PM
From things I've heard I think it might be better for this team if Willie and TMG are kicked off the team. I'll be shocked if either are here next year.

starrca23
1/9/2010, 09:41 PM
Chicken little...be quiet.

soonervegas
1/9/2010, 10:02 PM
Even the village idiot can be right from time to time. I think nickzepp is in the know on this one.........

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/9/2010, 10:02 PM
Hey Nick...how is it Stoop's fault?

badger
1/9/2010, 10:09 PM
It is in such disarray that they are to be diss-ed into diss-aray. ;)

:mad: Seriously, the mens season has little hope of revival at this point, unless they can pull a Georgia and win the conference tourney. :(

ndpruitt03
1/9/2010, 10:41 PM
Even the village idiot can be right from time to time. I think nickzepp is in the know on this one.........

I don't care how people see me or call me. But this team has some serious issues with it that just wont' be repaired unless some people are off the roster.

Eielson
1/9/2010, 11:06 PM
Our football team can't make adjustments, so we're screwed against Stanford.

Soonerus
1/9/2010, 11:39 PM
I don't care how people see me or call me. But this team has some serious issues with it that just wont' be repaired unless some people are off the roster.

I'd say at 9-6 (0-1) and losing to Baylor 90-61 is serious...could be a losing season...

SoonerMom2
1/9/2010, 11:44 PM
If anyone has listened to Capel on sports radio, they would realize he is dealing with a group of AAU prima donna's. Not sure recruiting McDonald's All Americans is the way to go if this group is any indication. Warren is a bad joke this year. That said -- going to the OSU Bedlam game where maybe the team will put out some effort for a chance especially Warren who should be shining right now but seems to think he is better then working hard. This group sounds very lazy and wants everything handed to them.

Think I would let guys who try hard in the locker room after this and keep the others out. There is no excuse for quitting and not playing defense.

Soonerus
1/10/2010, 12:05 AM
Warren should have tried the draft last year because he is defrauding all of us with his poor effort this year...

ndpruitt03
1/10/2010, 12:19 AM
The problems at OU aren't just on the court stuff. Some of these guys can't even stand being around each other. Not an environment you want when you try to have a "team" I won't be shocked to see some guys quit.

Soonerus
1/10/2010, 12:22 AM
The problems at OU aren't just on the court stuff. Some of these guys can't even stand being around each other. Not an environment you want when you try to have a "team" I won't be shocked to see some guys quit.

If that is true that sux...

soonervegas
1/10/2010, 12:25 AM

and just to clarfiy I was kidding about the village idiot thing....

ndpruitt03
1/10/2010, 12:37 AM
and just to clarfiy I was kidding about the village idiot thing....

I really don't care. It may even be accurate, still don't really care. I still tell it like I see it.

soonervegas
1/10/2010, 12:40 AM
back on point i think Capel needs to seriously looking at cutting a problem player loose at this point....

Eielson
1/10/2010, 12:46 AM
I still tell it like I see it.

We wish you would learn to see better.

Collier11
1/10/2010, 03:00 AM

We all know The OU bball team is in deep poo poo, we just dont want to hear it from nick zepp, he is also poo poo

Collier11
1/10/2010, 03:02 AM
back on point i think Capel needs to seriously looking at cutting a problem player loose at this point....

Something about this team is toxic, there is far too much talent for this team to be playing this way. I would agree that no matter how talented or how highly recruited, it might be time for Capel to start sending kids packing

OU_Sooners75
1/10/2010, 05:20 AM
Something about this team is toxic, there is far too much talent for this team to be playing this way. I would agree that no matter how talented or how highly recruited, it might be time for Capel to start sending kids packing

That or grow a pair and start the bench riders. the ones that have to work their asses off to even get mop up playing time.

OU_Sooners75
1/10/2010, 05:23 AM
Capel needs to suspend some players. Hell, we are losing games, and they are not even pretty. So if you look at Tiny, or Warren, or whoever...and say hey...

You want to play as an "I" player? Fine, but you are not playing for me. You want to play for me, then you will learn the definition of team and be a part of it.

If that means sitting all the AA's and star players. Then do it.

It is time for Capel to put a stop to this. And the only way he will do that is if he sits players for their attitudes and work ethics, and plays those that are out there trying to be the best they can be!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/10/2010, 01:54 PM
I've pretty much hadn't made up my mind until yesterday but I think the main problem is basically Warren is the best player and the leader and he he isn't leading. Usually a senior like Crocker would step up and take that role but Warren is clearly the "star" and he isn't going to be lead by Crocker. Blake Griffin was clearly the alpha dog last year but he had the work ethic that rubbed off on the other players and he had Taylor who had paid his dues for 3 years.

I think we all agree the problem isn't talent. KU and Tex have more talent this year...that's it. Our talent is young and not everyone is pulling the rope in the same direction. As far as I'm concerned right now we are at best an NIT team and I'm all for Capel doing whatever puts this team in the right place to bounce back next year. If that means telling Willie Warren he can't declare for the NBA draft soon enough than so be it.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/11/2010, 01:06 PM
NIT team? I'll be shocked if we win 3 more games the rest of the year.

FREE WILLIE - OUT THE DOOR!

starrca23
1/12/2010, 09:00 AM
Seriously, the sky is not falling. Just shutup and watch for a little while.

Red Ada
1/12/2010, 03:52 PM
NIT team? I'll be shocked if we win 3 more games the rest of the year.

FREE WILLIE - OUT THE DOOR!

Well you are obviously wrong by at least 33 1/3 % of
the time;)

kill them Poke's

soonrman4
1/12/2010, 04:16 PM
I have been reading some of the comments on here and just had to throw my opinion in the ring. There is so much criticism of this team it makes me want to puke. We are very young and inexperienced all over the place. The loss of the Griffin brothers and Patillo were obviously big. If Patillo was still here Capel could move Crock out of the 4 spot and back where he belongs. Crock is not a 4 and it kills us on both ends when he has to play there. When we go against a big front line Tiny has to be on the floor the majority of the game for us to have any shot. Against Baylor when Tiny was in the game we were playing well and he was a force. Then he picked up 2 bad fouls and Capel pulled him out. Baylor went on a big run and stole the momentum when Tiny went to the bench. I have never understood this unwritten rule that when you get 2 fouls in the first half you have to immediately go to the bench. Keep him in the game until he picks up his 3rd then you can sit him down. Basketball is about runs and momentum and on the road when those things turn it is very hard to recapture that for the road team.

Also I am sick of everyone blaming Wille for not being a leader. Maybe it’s not in his genetic make-up to be a leader. Capel is putting way to much on Willie and not enough on Crock who is a senior and started like 80 something straight games. Willie is our best player and is the main focus of almost every team we have faced. Crocker is the one that should be more outspoken and try and lead this team. Just because he is not going to the NBA doesn’t mean he can’t take some responsibility as the only senior on the court the majority of the time.

Let’s give this team and Capel a chance before we tear them down and give up on them. It is very hard to win games on the road as Big 12 teams are now 112-1 on their home floors(Which is why I think we have a good shot to win all of our home games)…… yes even texass. So let’s go get Mizzou on Saturday and try and get some momentum built up.

Collier11
1/12/2010, 04:23 PM
This is bball not football. Teams all over the country are winning with youth. Mizzou lost their two best players and are 13-3, Kentucky and Kansas are loaded with youth, (yes I realize they both have some good experience) the point is that there is no reason with the supposed talent that we have that we cant be better than dbl digit losses to avg teams.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/13/2010, 11:20 AM
Uh, nobody is putting anything on Willie. Willie asked to be the leader of this team. He said that it's his team now. He said that he wants to have his number hanging in the rafters of the LNC. Well, the guys that get that honor don't do it by just filling up the hoop. They do it by making players around them better.

It's when your bad habits start getting picked up by the rest of the team, especially the young guys, that I have to wonder about whether we still need you.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/13/2010, 11:22 AM
Well you are obviously wrong by at least 33 1/3 % of
the time;)

kill them Poke's

I'm wrong way more than 33 1/3% of the time. Just ask my wife.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/13/2010, 11:53 AM
It's when your bad habits start getting picked up by the rest of the team, especially the young guys, that I have to wonder about whether we still need you.

Absolutely.

I think we have a lot of potential with the group of players that we have and some that are coming and our problems are all correctible but the biggest correction needed may mean WW going in the draft. I can see us 5-11 this year and flipping it next year. WW is a great talent and can go off for 40 on a given night but this team would be better if the leader was a little less like Warren and a little more like Najera. I don't want to bring back Kelvinball but I see Crocker and Davis busting their asses on the court and some other players cruising at times. WW is calling out other players doing that because he is one of the player cruising.

starrca23
1/16/2010, 01:45 PM
Fail: Kansas has a Senior guard from a championship team and senior post player and two sophomores that played major minutes last year.
Kentucky has a senior post player that past up a first round pick and they play a one pass and shoot offense. Besides John Wall is a different animal.

ndpruitt03
1/16/2010, 03:45 PM
Fail: Kansas has a Senior guard from a championship team and senior post player and two sophomores that played major minutes last year.
Kentucky has a senior post player that past up a first round pick and they play a one pass and shoot offense. Besides John Wall is a different animal.
And OU has a senior that starts also, and Ryan Wright had a big game today scoring 12. And Cade Davis has been a 3 year player. This team has more experience than some people credit it for. The only freshman that really played well today is Pledger.

stoopified
1/16/2010, 04:06 PM
Two wina in a row would seem to indicate that the reports of the demise of this team is at least a tad premature.

starrca23
1/16/2010, 06:17 PM
I blame Willie Warren. He only had 21 points today and only went 4-4 from the Charity stripe in crunch time...I wish he would be a leader....what's that?! We won....well...just imagine how good we would be if he played hard.

SoonerMom2
1/16/2010, 06:26 PM
Two wina in a row would seem to indicate that the reports of the demise of this team is at least a tad premature.

Very well said! Too many naysayers that want to throw in the towel. The defense has really picked up and today so did the free throws. Played with intensity the second game in a row.

Frozen Sooner
1/16/2010, 06:42 PM
I blame Willie Warren. He only had 21 points today and only went 4-4 from the Charity stripe in crunch time...I wish he would be a leader....what's that?! We won....well...just imagine how good we would be if he played hard.

You realize, of course, that this is exactly why Willie Warren is so frustrating at times. He had a great game today, and that's exciting. The fact that he can do this consistently yet doesn't is what's maddening. Hopefully he'll get it put together.

StoopTroup
1/16/2010, 06:51 PM
You realize, of course, that this is exactly why Willie Warren is so frustrating at times. He had a great game today, and that's exciting. The fact that he can do this consistently yet doesn't is what's maddening. Hopefully he'll get it put together.

Seems like we've been waiting awhile for him to become a more consistent player. Guys that frustrate me eventually...I quit with the expectations and just live with what they have to offer. Having a guy like this is what has made watching many of our Sooner Teams hard to watch in the Tourney IMO. It would be nice to see a bunch who left everything they had on the floor....win or lose.

This has bugged me since before Jeff replaced Kelvin

I don't believe this attitude throws in the towel either. It's just excepting that you are what you is.

proudsoonergal
1/16/2010, 08:54 PM

SSSHHHH...

It's football offseason. We need SOMETHING to obsess over.

:D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/16/2010, 09:03 PM

Warren made some clutch free throws and certainly had a good game. That said, without Davis coming up HUGE we lose this game at home and everyone is on here ripping Mason-Griffin for dribbling balls off his foot or for Warren taking 26 ft jump shots 10 seconds into the shot clock. Ryan Wright deserves some special mention as well. I keep it as positive usually as I can and believe me, residing in Missouri I'm VERY pleased we pulled it out today but the story is not what Warren did, or Mason-Griffin for that matter. 12 turnovers between the two of them. They did play close to 80 minutes between the 2 of them. That is commendable. Cade Davis stepped up and was a leader. Gallon was lost out there today too and Wright was clutch.

At the end of the day I'm real happy we got the W. Suprised how we won, not that we won. So far though we have just held serve. We need to find a way to win on the road and I still think we have a ways to go before we are there. We are not going into Lubbock or College Station and getting a W using the formula we won with today.