PDA

View Full Version : How many of these in-state guys did we recruit?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/9/2010, 05:25 PM
Seems like the most Sooner Football-loving players we get are the in-state guys, who just love OU, Oklahoma, and the tradition we have. Fewer of the OK guys we have come out super early(Curtis Lofton being the only exception i can think of). I always like it when we get a bunch of OK guys in the recruiting class. http://okvarsity.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2455

pappy
1/9/2010, 06:02 PM
Reggie Smith left early too

stoopified
1/9/2010, 07:34 PM
Reggie Smith left early tooIf by early you mean with remaining eligibility Gresham,Bradford,McCoy,Franks are all Oklahoma guys leaving early.

gaylordfan1
1/9/2010, 07:35 PM
Sam Bradford?

gaylordfan1
1/9/2010, 07:36 PM
If by early you mean with remaining eligibility Gresham,Bradford,McCoy,Franks are all Oklahoma guys leaving early.

this, you beat me to the punch... I was going to list them individually.

1/10/2010, 12:43 AM
this, you beat me to the punch... I was going to list them individually.I was saying not REAL early, like Lofton did. I'm afraid pretty much the norm in college football is guys leaving after their junior yr., except at the cows, where they are prolly "treated" just as well in their sr. year there as they would be if they went pro.

Anyway, does anyone know who all we recruited off that top 30 or whatever list of OK highschool football players.

Soonermagik
1/11/2010, 01:41 PM
OU has such a far reach now that they don't worry too much about in-state kids. Sure, if there's a Gresham, Lofton or even Bradford they will sign them.

OU really has it better than most schools. OU can get top kids from OK, TX, Kansas, New Mexico. Plus, they can steal recruits out of California and Florida too. Heck, even some of these kids are coming from as far away as New Jersey.

rawlingsHOH
1/11/2010, 01:56 PM
I was saying not REAL early, like Lofton did.
???

Lofton was a 3rd year junior, just like the majority of the guys on the list below.

Stoops' early entries....
'00 - Stockar McDougle (Florida)
'01 - none
'02 - Roy Williams (California)
'03 - Jimmy Wilkerson (Texas)
'04 - Tommie Harris (Texas)
'05 - Brodney Pool (Texas)
'06 - none
'07 - Adrian Peterson (Texas)
'08 - Reggie Smith (Oklahoma), Curtis Lofton (Oklahoma), Malcolm Kelly (Texas)
'09 - none
'10 - Sam Bradford (Oklahoma), Gerald McCoy (Oklahoma), Dominique Franks (Oklahoma)

12 total, 5 from Oklahoma, 5 from Texas, 1 each from Florida and Cali.

If I left off anyone, I apologize.

1/11/2010, 01:58 PM
OU has such a far reach now that they don't worry too much about in-state kids. Sure, if there's a Gresham, Lofton or even Bradford they will sign them.

OU really has it better than most schools. OU can get top kids from OK, TX, Kansas, New Mexico. Plus, they can steal recruits out of California and Florida too. Heck, even some of these kids are coming from as far away as New Jersey.OK...Anyway, does anyone know who all we recruited off that top 30 or whatever list of OK highschool football players?

2/3/2010, 01:12 PM
???

Lofton was a 3rd year junior, just like the majority of the guys on the list below.

Stoops' early entries....
'00 - Stockar McDougle (Florida)
'01 - none
'02 - Roy Williams (California)
'03 - Jimmy Wilkerson (Texas)
'04 - Tommie Harris (Texas)
'05 - Brodney Pool (Texas)
'06 - none
'07 - Adrian Peterson (Texas)
'08 - Reggie Smith (Oklahoma), Curtis Lofton (Oklahoma), Malcolm Kelly (Texas)
'09 - none
'10 - Sam Bradford (Oklahoma), Gerald McCoy (Oklahoma), Dominique Franks (Oklahoma)

12 total, 5 from Oklahoma, 5 from Texas, 1 each from Florida and Cali.

If I left off anyone, I apologize.Without looking it up, I thought Lofton played 2 yrs at OU, and had 2 yrs eligibility left, when he opted for the pros.

rawlingsHOH
2/3/2010, 01:33 PM
Lofton played 3 years at OU.

special teams/back-up in 05
part-time starter in 06
full-time starter in 07

Rhino
2/3/2010, 01:50 PM
Of that list (minus guys we signed), we recruited Barnett, Cobbs, Porter and Henry.

Barnett and Henry were grade risks (probably JUCO-bound)
Porter was a backup plan.
Cobbs has turned out to be a little bit of a basketcase.

2/3/2010, 01:53 PM
Of that list (minus guys we signed), we recruited Barnett, Cobbs, Porter and Henry.

Barnett and Henry were grade risks (probably JUCO-bound)
Porter was a backup plan.
Cobbs has turned out to be a little bit of a basketcase.1) thanks, and 2)no shiite about Cobbs...the cows, fergodssakes!

King Crimson
2/3/2010, 02:05 PM
2 of the last 5 Heisman winners are Oklahoma kids that played for OU.

i think we do just fine in-state. OK is not a high-population density state...we get ours. OSU has over half their roster of Texas kids. we are around 45% Texas.

the 2000 NC teams was about 65% Oklahoma kids. look at the roster.

seems like we get the bitching about it because we win. dig?

2/3/2010, 02:15 PM
2 of the last 5 Heisman winners are Oklahoma kids that played for OU.

i think we do just fine in-state. OK is not a high-population density state...we get ours. OSU has over half their roster of Texas kids. we are around 45% Texas.

the 2000 NC teams was about 65% Oklahoma kids. look at the roster.

seems like we get the bitching about it because we win. dig?Who's bitchin'? about what?

King Crimson
2/3/2010, 02:22 PM
Who's bitchin'? about what?

easy slugger. we are on the same page here.

Texas people bitch about us. that's my point.

OK State has a far larger of TX kids than us, but no UT or ATM fan complains about that....when they get their "state pride" hoo-haa up to internet violence.

2/3/2010, 02:26 PM
easy slugger. we are on the same page here.

Texas people bitch about us. that's my point.

OK State has a far larger of TX kids than us, but no UT or ATM fan complains about that....when they get their "state pride" hoo-haa up to internet violence.I had no intent of being critical. I just didn't know who you were talking about, or why.