1/9/2010, 02:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4811310

hmm

delhalew
1/9/2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah, that'll end well...

OUinFLA
1/9/2010, 03:07 PM
too bad, I was kinda hoping he would come to USF.

IronHorseSooner
1/9/2010, 03:09 PM
Tubberville will bring a style that will cause Tech fans to fall asleep! With his support of sMack last year, and his ties to Muschamp, I hope Bob puts about 90 on them this year!

instigator
1/9/2010, 03:17 PM
This is going to be really strange. Is he really going to try to bring that style of ball to Tech??

ndpruitt03
1/9/2010, 03:27 PM
Think of Howard Schnellenbergur here or Bill Callahan at Nebraska. It'll end about like both of those situations did.

E-Town
1/9/2010, 03:48 PM
No more "house of pain - jump around" song in Tech stadium.

royalfan5
1/9/2010, 03:56 PM
Thank God Tech resisted the urge to hire a sane coach.

cccasooner2
1/9/2010, 04:35 PM
Leach to USC?

OUstud
1/9/2010, 04:56 PM
Personally, I think it's a better hire than Ruffin would've been.

royalfan5
1/9/2010, 05:00 PM
Leach to USC?

Not a snowball's chance in hell. The USC coach will have to be someone who can deal with media glare and slap boosters backs, and that ain't Leach.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/9/2010, 05:10 PM
Not a snowball's chance in hell. The USC coach will have to be someone who can deal with media glare and slap boosters backs, and that ain't Leach.Besides, the NCAA stuff has to be scary for any coach.

colinreturn
1/9/2010, 05:42 PM
maybe he can teach those idiots some class

instigator
1/9/2010, 05:42 PM
Personally, I think it's a better hire than Ruffin would've been.

Agreed.

StoopTroup
1/9/2010, 09:48 PM
Wonder if he'll use the shed?

MamaMia
1/9/2010, 10:20 PM
Tech is use to a fun offense. Unless Tubby hires a great offensive coach with some flare, this will not go well.

Crucifax Autumn
1/9/2010, 10:35 PM
That's just the thing...He's not allowed to! lol

ndpruitt03
1/9/2010, 10:39 PM
Tech is use to a fun offense. Unless Tubby hires a great offensive coach with some flare, this will not go well.

Apparently he's keeping much of the same staff. The same offense. This will be a disaster because Leach was the reason that offense was great. It won't be the same with anyone else. And that offense hasn't ever really allowed their own defense to be good for a number of reasons.

King Barry's Back
1/9/2010, 11:06 PM
Think of Howard Schnellenbergur here or Bill Callahan at Nebraska. It'll end about like both of those situations did.

Good. I hope you are right. I hope he makes Callahan look like a freaking football genius.

Curly Bill
1/10/2010, 12:40 AM
How underwhelming.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2010, 01:31 AM
Are Tech's OC and DC leaving?

yermom
1/10/2010, 02:09 AM
i'm fairly sure Leach was the OC

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2010, 02:25 AM
I was thinking of Lincoln Riley, but I think he only coaches receivers.

n8v_ndn
1/10/2010, 03:56 AM
Tubberville looks a little like Freddie Kruger to me. I thought he did well w/ what he had at Auburn and had a decent record vs. ranked teams--something like 9-3 vs. the Top 10 at one point.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2010, 04:31 AM
I think it's a good hire. Tech may finally get a decent defense. And Tubberville will get along with the administration just fine. He's a perfect fit from what I can see.

bluedogok
1/10/2010, 12:14 PM
I think his official title was Inside Receivers Coach.

OU-HSV
1/10/2010, 12:24 PM
I think it's a good hire. Tech may finally get a decent defense. And Tubberville will get along with the administration just fine. He's a perfect fit from what I can see.

I agree...I think he'll be a good fit there. Probably the best available buy for the money they're wanting to deal.
I do find myself wondering how long it will be until he buys the Tech players National Championship rings?? ;)

TDArkansasOhMy
1/10/2010, 12:26 PM
People are underestimating Tubbs. IMO Tech just got better. Tommy learn some valuable lessons at Auburn. I think it will make him a better coach and you can bet he'll surround himself with a solid staff. I look for Tech to compete with OU and TexAss in 2010.

boomerborn79
1/10/2010, 12:40 PM
People are underestimating Tubbs. IMO Tech just got better. Tommy learn some valuable lessons at Auburn. I think it will make him a better coach and you can bet he'll surround himself with a solid staff. I look for Tech to compete with OU and TexAss in 2010.

Maybe 2012. But this team has no shot next year, the new/old coaches are too different. Players will have to adjust. I do think its a good hire for tech and brings a big name to the big twelve. I think the conference is in for a new change, the spread might be coming to an end. I hope it does I like power teams not finesse teams.

StoopTroup
1/10/2010, 12:47 PM
Everything there is a huge turd. It's a disaster of major proportion.

It'll be a miracle if he ever is able to better Leach's record there.

boomerborn79
1/10/2010, 12:54 PM
Everything there is a huge turd. It's a disaster of major proportion.

It'll be a miracle if he ever is able to better Leach's record there.

I think he can have one or two good years but, the scoring will be down and those fans are used to scoring. I think the fans will boot him out in a few years. I must say I love all the coaching changes going on right now. Keeping this offseason hot already.

Dan Thompson
1/10/2010, 01:07 PM
How can you believe a newspaper from the plains of west texas with a name like "Avalanche"?

1/10/2010, 01:13 PM
Tech is use to a fun offense. Unless Tubby hires a great offensive coach with some flare, this will not go well.Tub DOES know how to win, which is the most important thing. But, I'm not so sure how good a recruiter he is.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2010, 01:21 PM
I do find myself wondering how long it will be until he buys the Tech players National Championship rings??

To be honest, I didn't see Leach buying any national championship rings in the future either.

As for recruiting, he will probably be as good as Leach.

OU-HSV
1/10/2010, 01:29 PM
To be honest, I didn't see Leach buying any national championship rings in the future either.

As for recruiting, he will probably be as good as Leach.
You're missing the point of my joke.
...I'm referring to the year that Auburn was "left out" of the BCS National Championship and then Tubs bought (or allowed someone) to buy his team national champ rings when they didn't even play for it.

OU-HSV
1/10/2010, 01:36 PM
Here Lizard this is what I'm talking about:
http://www.fanblogs.com/sec/004777.php

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2010, 01:36 PM
Okay, I get it. I completely forgot about that.

I think they call that a "bad idea."

OU-HSV
1/10/2010, 01:38 PM
Okay, I get it. I completely forgot about that.

I think they call that a "bad idea."

Haha, ya no doubt.

I ran into this little tidbit as well...apparently Jason Campbell had his ring on Ebay

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2008/01/13/national-championship-ring-spotted-on-ebay/

StoopTroup
1/10/2010, 01:42 PM
I think he can have one or two good years but, the scoring will be down and those fans are used to scoring. I think the fans will boot him out in a few years. I must say I love all the coaching changes going on right now. Keeping this offseason hot already.

It's definitely good for us. I like how the competition is stacked in the South. Bob has it good and he knows it. He likes MNCs and he's gonna bring us one again and it's going to be because of how the BCS and the Big XII, SEC, Pac-10 and Big 10 Conferences are designed. Is it the best scenario for all the Div IA Schools who'd like to get a shot without playing tough competition....nope. It's just the way it is and I like how it positions The Sooners. We write our own destiny every year. Tech had a chance of being a part of it with Leach. Now...it's a crap shoot IMO.

OU Adonis
1/10/2010, 01:43 PM
Maybe 2012. But this team has no shot next year, the new/old coaches are too different. Players will have to adjust. I do think its a good hire for tech and brings a big name to the big twelve. I think the conference is in for a new change, the spread might be coming to an end. I hope it does I like power teams not finesse teams.

I agree. I think the Big12 plays too soft at the moment. If we move to more power and less basketball on grass stuff we will do better vs power teams. Finesse seems to work on other finese teams fine, but not vs power teams.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2010, 01:43 PM
I saw that. The rings don't impress, but they probably had to be pretty cheap to avoid NCAA violations.

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2010, 01:49 PM
Tuberville took over an Auburn team that finished 3-8 the previous year and would later end up with an undefeated team. He can coach.

Who cares if his team doesn't score much? As long as the other team scores less, the fans will be happy. We gave up Billy Ball, but had no trouble with Sampson when the team did well.

I think beating Tech just got harder.

nmsoonergirl
1/10/2010, 03:55 PM
I wonder if he's actually been to Lubbock?

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2010, 04:14 PM
Good point. He may be locking players in darkened sheds and insulting his superiors sooner than we think.

Flagstaffsooner
1/10/2010, 04:34 PM
I wonder if he's actually been to Lubbock?I wonder if Lubbock has actually been to Tuberville.:D

Curly Bill
1/10/2010, 04:35 PM
I wonder if Lubbock has actually been to Tuberville.:D

In this case they both suck. ;)

Breadburner
1/10/2010, 04:51 PM
2 Mill for 5 years......

delhalew
1/10/2010, 11:43 PM
2 Mill for 5 years......

Smell that desperation!

1/11/2010, 12:01 AM
Smell that desperation!It's always seemed to me he got a raw deal at the War Iggles, er, ah, Tigers, er, ah the Plainsmen. He prolly is glad to not have to recruit against Saban, anyway.

DenverSooner751
1/11/2010, 08:19 AM
It's always seemed to me he got a raw deal at the War Iggles, er, ah, Tigers, er, ah the Plainsmen. He prolly is glad to not have to recruit against Saban, anyway.

He goes from recruiting against Saban and Meyer to Brown and Stoops. Tough recruiting either way you look at it.

1/11/2010, 12:34 PM
He goes from recruiting against Saban and Meyer to Brown and Stoops. Tough recruiting either way you look at it.I'm surprised it took so long for some team to hire him, with the impressive record he had.

DenverSooner751
1/11/2010, 03:56 PM
I'm surprised it took so long for some team to hire him, with the impressive record he had.

Agreed. On paper he sure does look like a great hire. We'll see how it plays out.