PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Tuberville takes over Texas Tech's troubled team...

Salt City Sooner
1/9/2010, 02:57 PM
That enough T's for ya? :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4811310

Widescreen
1/9/2010, 03:40 PM
Tuberville, 55, became a strong candidate when it was determined he would not insist on hiring his own staff, the source said.
Dude must be desperate. What coach with any self-respect would not demand to be able to hire their own staff?

Eielson
1/9/2010, 03:44 PM
Tommy Tuberville to Texas Tech.

ouduckhunter
1/9/2010, 03:49 PM
Dude must be desperate. What coach with any self-respect would not demand to be able to hire their own staff?

No kidding!!

What are they gonna do, run Facebook ads to fill the positions, or have Oprah come in and do the hiring? This does not bode well for the future of TT football!

bluedogok
1/9/2010, 05:58 PM
I would guess try and keep some of the existing staff and let him hire some of his own guys. Sounds like the administration has a Jerry Jones complex.

SoonerMom2
1/9/2010, 06:09 PM
ROFLOL!! Guy agreed he doesn't have to hire his own staff. He really wants back into coaching to do that -- stupid but guess that is what Tech Administration wants -- call all the shots.

Going to be easier for the Sooners to go to Lubbock with Leach gone and Tuberville in charge. Looking forward to Tech coming into OUR HOUSE with Tuberville this year!

CrimsonandCreamForever
1/9/2010, 06:16 PM
Seems like the Tech admin wants to keep the Leach program without the Leach guy.

PLaw
1/9/2010, 06:23 PM

Here's the skinny - Tuberville will fit in well with the West Tex GOB's and they are probably getting him cheap. It's interesting that he hasn't landed at a high profile football school or an upstart in the SECtion before now considering his success at UA. There has to be something to that and it's forcing him to take anything at a TOP 50 +/- program, regardless of the conditions.

Half the team is probably PO'd because Ruff didn't get the job and GOB's want to keep Ruff around. Tech will return to a mid to lower tier football program in short order.

BOOMER
Sooner Born, Sooner Bred '60
TTU '83

bluedogok
1/9/2010, 06:45 PM
I read a report somewhere that said the deal is rumored to be 2mil a year.

soonerloyal
1/9/2010, 08:01 PM
Seems like the Tech admin wants to keep the Leach program without the Leach guy.

Yeah. Good luck with that, ya dumsh**s. :D

Jacie
1/9/2010, 08:18 PM
Two million is a lot to pay for a caretaker.

okiedokie
1/9/2010, 09:09 PM
funny if he brought on his own assistants,
Weis
Mangino
Leavitt

Crucifax Autumn
1/9/2010, 09:35 PM
I haven't changed my mind...I hope they lose all their games.

StoopTroup
1/9/2010, 09:50 PM
Gee....I really thought they'd go with the interim Coach. His after game job interview was inspirational.

yermom
1/10/2010, 12:42 AM
when i heard he was interested, i didn't see how he wouldn't get the job

PLaw
1/10/2010, 10:00 AM

Source is obviously wrong - a lot of conversation over at RaiderPower speculating on what the TT/TTU staff look like.

Boomer

fireater
1/10/2010, 10:17 AM
Yea, Ears was desperate. Accepting a job w/o the BBQ Boys (his long term assistants that he was very loyal to, and lead directly to his removal at the BarnFarm) AND without a buyout clause (which was more then just a couple of million at his last gig. A decent coach at best...as for his success vs Bama, we were hurt by probation and a volatile coaching turnstile, yet the barnfarmers NEVER blew us out of a game.

TTs descent to normalcy should be rather quick.

soonerfromgeorgia
1/10/2010, 10:31 AM
This is a good move for Texas Tech and the Big 12. Tommy Tuberville is a great person.

Tommy's house was already for sale.

http://656marinparkway.com/

yermom
1/10/2010, 12:59 PM
i'll give him tree fiddy

Leroy Lizard
1/10/2010, 01:02 PM
With a place like that, why move?

ashley
1/10/2010, 01:58 PM
I don't believe for a minute he is not going to bring in a couple of his own people.