PDA

View Full Version : Fixing to...

Okla-homey
1/9/2010, 01:20 PM
head to the deer stand for my last chance at a doe this season on this brisk and snowy day. Broadheads all freshly honed. Bow finely tuned. Wish me luck. Or don't. IDGAS. Because the worst day hunting is better than the best day doing just about anything else with your clothes on.;)

Preservation Parcels
1/9/2010, 02:07 PM
If they don't cooperate with you there, come thin the herd in my back yard any time, Homey. They eat my garden, and that's the one thing I don't like to share.

OUHOMER
1/9/2010, 02:19 PM
Good luck

Chuck Bao
1/9/2010, 05:02 PM
Good luck hunting, Homey. Heh! I am adopting “Wish me luck. Or don’t. IDGAS. - Okla-homey” as my new signature.

salth2o
1/9/2010, 10:33 PM
head to the deer stand for my last chance at a doe this season on this brisk and snowy day. Broadheads all freshly honed. Bow finely tuned. Wish me luck. Or don't. IDGAS. Because the worst day hunting is better than the best day doing just about anything else with your clothes on.;)

Well....how did it go?

I have hunted with a boom stick my whole life, but this year I decided to go the archery route. WOW, I am hooked!

I killed a old cull three point with a double lung shot from 41 yards. The sound that arrow makes when it hits it awesome.

btk108
1/9/2010, 10:38 PM
deer chili at Homey's new house.....everyone invited..*L*

olevetonahill
1/9/2010, 11:07 PM
My shoulders are to messed up for the Archery deal anymore

C&CDean
1/9/2010, 11:17 PM
I hauled hay all day today. I ain't hunting when it's so cold I can't feel my fingers, toes, face, and my pecker is going all inverted.

WTF is up with this global warming we're dealing with? I had to use the loader on the big tractor just to bust the ice so the cows could drink. I mean this is serious cold.

picasso
1/9/2010, 11:29 PM
Homey packed it in early and went hunting split tailed pheasant.

Okla-homey
1/10/2010, 09:41 AM
Well....how did it go?

I have hunted with a boom stick my whole life, but this year I decided to go the archery route. WOW, I am hooked!

I killed a old cull three point with a double lung shot from 41 yards. The sound that arrow makes when it hits it awesome.

I didn't see jack from my stand except doves and turkeys. My hunting partner got a doe from his stand. Good day overall.

Preservation Parcels
1/10/2010, 05:01 PM
If they don't cooperate with you there, come thin the herd in my back yard any time, Homey. They eat my garden, and that's the one thing I don't like to share.

Invitation still stands, Homey. There are at least six of them nearly any given time. Yearlings, does, and a 9 point are sleeping down in the woods right now. I can watch them out the dining room window and talk to them from the living room sliding glass door. They're completely fearless. Silly deer!

Okla-homey
1/10/2010, 06:59 PM
Invitation still stands, Homey. There are at least six of them nearly any given time. Yearlings, does, and a 9 point are sleeping down in the woods right now. I can watch them out the dining room window and talk to them from the living room sliding glass door. They're completely fearless. Silly deer!

KB,

I shudder to think what a non-resident Delaware deer license would cost, and I bet it would involve a body-cavity search and a mental health profile. I could probably pass the former, but might fail the latter.

Enjoy your pets.

You know, the current US deer population is yet another example of the hunting public's efforts to restore a species with remarkable success. By about 1930, the US deer herd was thought to number only about 300,000 animals. After an outcry by hunters, commercial exploitation of deer became illegal and conservation programs along with regulated hunting were introduced. Recent estimates put the deer population in the United States at around 30 million.

Downside: Conservation practices have proved so successful that, in parts of their range, where the over-regulation of hunting and unecessarily constrained bag limits has not kept pace with the number of deer, the white-tailed deer populations currently far exceed their carrying capacity and the animal may be considered a nuisance.

yermom
1/10/2010, 07:06 PM
i'm not much for hunting, personally

but i think we are all better off without too many of those things trying to cross interstates, etc...

JLEW1818
1/10/2010, 07:35 PM
the girl got her an 8 point this year

i dont hunt much b/c it be during "THE" season

StoopTroup
1/10/2010, 08:02 PM
ZCq92OKg9jE

Preservation Parcels
1/10/2010, 09:02 PM
You're right, Homey. They want all that PLUS a 10 hour safety course for anyone born after 1967. No wonder we have so many deer tearing up the place.

http://www.fw.delaware.gov/Services/Documents/Licenses%20and%20Permits%20Required%20to%20Hunt%20 and%20Trap%20in%20Delaware.pdf

I remember when seeing a deer was a rare treat. Now, not a day goes by when I don't see one. Too often, they're at the side of the road with a smashed up car in their wake. One of my in-laws has hit 12 of them, and Uncle Neil hit five in one year in Michigan.

StoopTroup
1/10/2010, 09:33 PM
Your in good hands and got a stocked freezer with Allstate!