PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma City - Basketball Abyss...

the_ouskull
1/9/2010, 12:05 AM
...or is it?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/100108&sportCat=nba

the_ouskull

ouleaf
1/12/2010, 12:48 PM
Good read.

stoopified
1/21/2010, 10:07 AM
Strikes me as kind of a back-handed compliment but a compliment in any case.Talk about damning with faint praise.

the_ouskull
1/21/2010, 11:51 AM
See, I get what you're saying too, but, to me, it's complimentary, even if he wasn't explicit in his praise. The REAL praise is in what the players say, anyway. I feel like, because OKC isn't a Miami, or an L.A. or N.Y.C., it allows the players to do what people their age OUGHT to be doing, rather than what people their age, with their kind of money and fame DO do. (Heh, he said "do do.") Think about college. Sure, you went out, but it wasn't to those $500 for a bottle of vodka and a VIP booth kind of places. And, how often was a night spent just grilling out over at a friend's house, BS'ing and watching a game, or playing video games or something.

If they're at each other's houses, and playing ball more, they're less likely to get in trouble "at da club," and more likely to improve; as basketball players and teammates.

I'm in. Totally. Oklahoma City IS a major sports town, now, world. Cope or get beaten.

the_ouskull

Ton Loc
1/21/2010, 02:23 PM
Kevin Durant "People always ask, 'Wouldn't you rather be in Miami or L.A.?'" Durant said. "I always tell them, 'No.' This place is perfect for me."

:D

I don't see a back handed compliment in there anywhere. Make's the city and the team seem like a great place to focus on basketball and have a "real" team.

Besides, like the article says, you get your excitment (and your women) on the road. It keeps the drama out of the home.