PDA

View Full Version : I found the Alabama alums club in PHX

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/8/2010, 06:40 PM
Joined with their game watch. It was at a sportsbar only a mile from where I live. Good time. Their group took up about 1/2 of the establishment. There were some loose federations of whorns sitting in there, too, and they were pretty vocal when the cows started to come back.

But, yelling "Roll Tide" wasn't very hard to do, when the alternative is totally unacceptable. The Bama fans I sat with didn't seem anywhere near as passionate about their team as the OU people are, at our sportsbar. Our people would have gone nuts as the end of the game approached. These Bama folk were comparatively calm.

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2010, 06:42 PM
Joined with their game watch. It was at a sportsbar only a mile from where I live. Good time. Their group took up about 1/2 of the establishment. There were some loose federations of whorns sitting in there, too, and they were pretty vocal when the cows started to come back.

But, yelling "Roll Tide" wasn't very hard to do, when the alternative is totally unacceptable. The Bama fans I sat with didn't seem anywhere near as passionate about their team as the OU people are, at our sportsbar. Our people would have gone nuts as the end of the game approached. These Bama folk were comparatively calm.

I noticed the same thing at the watch parties I was at. Seemed like I was the one doing most of the hooting and hollering.

ouduckhunter
1/8/2010, 06:44 PM
Whorns sounded much louder than Bama on tv too.

cvsooner
1/8/2010, 07:07 PM
And at least Bama wears something a lot closer to crimson and cream.

westcoast_sooner
1/8/2010, 11:43 PM
I was at the game last night - and my son and I tailgated with some Bama folks before the game all afternoon. GREAT people.

1/9/2010, 12:50 AM
I was at the game last night - and my son and I tailgated with some Bama folks before the game all afternoon. GREAT people.How cheap were tickets outside the stadium?

westcoast_sooner
1/9/2010, 01:08 AM
The closer to game time we got, the cheaper the tickets were. Right as we were headed in, tickets were going for face value $275 or slightly less.

Eielson
1/9/2010, 01:12 AM
These Bama folk were comparatively calm.

Usually the calm ones are the ones who know more and have seen more games. Not to say we're stupid. That's just something I've noticed.

1/9/2010, 02:01 AM
Usually the calm ones are the ones who know more and have seen more games. Not to say we're stupid. That's just something I've noticed.Huh uh, I'm not agreeing with what you said. These folks, overall, just weren't as excitable as the whorns seemed to be, or as I feel certain our fans would be. Hel*, I was apparently more excited about the whorns losing than most of the Bammers around me were about their team winning. And, I'm older and have seen more football than most people, everywhere.

oudavid1
1/9/2010, 02:13 AM
I guess we love football better than everyone else

soonerborn30
1/9/2010, 10:57 AM
They're calm because they've won 13 National Championships. This is old hat to them by now.

:rolleyes:

okiedokie
1/9/2010, 12:15 PM
I can root for a team, if it means that team will help my team during the season. I just can't get myself to join a another team's watch party ...it just feels wrong. Am I the only one like this?

1/9/2010, 12:54 PM
I can root for a team, if it means that team will help my team during the season. I just can't get myself to join a another team's watch party ...it just feels wrong. Am I the only one like this?yes. seek help!