PDA

View Full Version : The sea of burnt orange has dried up

n8v_ndn
1/8/2010, 06:31 PM
So yesterday the workplace in Austin was a sea of burnt orange, people I never knew were fans were decked out, with a sheet eatin' grin, talking about lighting the tower orange later that night.

Today I counted only 1 fan wearing his team's colors...pathetic band wagons bunch of so-and-sos.

85Sooner
1/8/2010, 07:24 PM
Where do ya work?

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 07:36 PM
I wear my OU stuff constantly, Win or lose. Those guys are really sad. I wouldn't be shocked if they were all wearing Bama shirts within a week.

Flagstaffsooner
1/8/2010, 08:17 PM
Where do ya work?
Texas Department of Corrections;)
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gnefcFg6IdeI/610x.jpg

Boomer Mooner
1/8/2010, 08:32 PM
I wore an OU jersey to the cigar bar to watch the NC game...in Katy, Texas.

Boomer38Sooner
1/8/2010, 09:18 PM
I wore my lucky OU boxers and my game worn KeJuan Jones jersey during the game..... This is what I wear during OU games!!! HAHA!

bluedogok
1/8/2010, 10:22 PM
I only saw a couple of people today wearing orange.

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 10:28 PM
I only saw a couple of people today wearing orange.

And they were picking up trash along the highway.

Soonerus
1/8/2010, 10:28 PM
band wagoners, one of my pet peeves...

n8v_ndn
1/10/2010, 03:44 AM
I work at Dellcatraz. I was part of a start up that bought and moved to Round Rock. The startup was well represented, we had 7 of the Big 8 schools and 10 of the Big XII schools represented (no Bears or Mildcats).

bluedogok
1/10/2010, 12:09 PM
In my current office we only have on UT grad and she doesn't have any interest in UT sports, she is wrapped up in bicycle racing and triathlons. When I started there a couple of years ago we had quite a five UT alums, two Tech alums, one Michigan, Ball State, A&M, Texas State, Miami and Nebraska alums. Now we are down to one UT, Michigan, Ball State, Texas State, Miami, Nebraska, Illinois and Columbia alums.

What I think most Whorn fans (and the media here) don't understand is this isn't only a "UT town" anymore, the majority of people that I know have absolutely no connection to the university either as a student/alum, employee or fan, probably only a third of the people that I know have a connection through those means mentioned above.

StoopTroup
1/10/2010, 12:14 PM
Well....it is the +exas capitol....however you'd think they'd better represent the team that is supposedly the greatest biggest spectacle in NCAA History. :D

meoveryouxinfinity
1/10/2010, 12:18 PM
I could never wear a color (at least orange) two days in a row. cut them some slack. I don't really wear t-shirts anyway, but I don't know if I could do it consecutively.

bluedogok
1/10/2010, 12:29 PM
I could never wear a color (at least orange) two days in a row. cut them some slack. I don't really wear t-shirts anyway, but I don't know if I could do it consecutively.
Some down here do...that is all I ever see them in. For the most part Austin is a pretty casual business environment. UT polos, dress shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters..of course some do "mix it up" by wearing something white or gray with a Whorn logo on it. You can find quite a bit of "business casual" attire with their logo on it and if their clothing doesn't have it you know they have it on a watch or a belt.

My wife wears her Tech stuff quite a bit but it is black or red so it is more tolerable.

StoopTroup
1/10/2010, 12:35 PM
You'd come up empty looking through my attire for anything orange. If it's there....My Wife snuck it in there to **** me off.

bluedogok
1/10/2010, 12:48 PM
The only thing that I have with orange in it is some Denver Broncos gear and I only get the stuff that has a blue base and nothing that has a majority of orange. Their orange is much closer to OSU orange but I still won't buy it if it is dominant. I buy nothing close to burnt orange, even some faded reds are too close for my liking.

badger
1/10/2010, 01:47 PM
After not seeing one bowl game this year where there wasn't some random whorn fan on television in the crowd, I am happy that they are changing shirts. It was getting annoying... but look out for basketball season. Whorndom will be in full bandwagon force through March :mad:

Seamus
1/10/2010, 02:28 PM

I thought Mr. Blackwell died ...

85sooners
1/10/2010, 04:08 PM
:texan: :mack: :mack: :mack: :mack: i love all my bandwagon fans!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
1/10/2010, 05:03 PM
I wonder what Academy did with all their UT MNC gear they had ready to sell?? Nigeria?

CBUS_SOONER
1/10/2010, 05:34 PM
Sounds like $uckeye fans here in Columbus after the To$u plays in a big game

Breadburner
1/10/2010, 05:56 PM
Heinz 57......

delhalew
1/10/2010, 11:45 PM
Sounds like $uckeye fans here in Columbus after the To$u plays in a big game

That's another team who's fans **** me off.

misplaced_sooner
1/11/2010, 04:12 AM
I know a family of USC AND TEXAS fans......yes, I'm serious. Bunch of bandwagon fans!

SGT Park3R
1/11/2010, 07:10 AM
band wagoners, one of my pet peeves...

I don't know what's worse. 'Band wagoners' or people that are from Texass only cheering for the Texass teams when they are winning. And for some reason it also bugs me when they have no idea who the players are and they don't watch the games.