Robert Smith's top 5:

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. tOSU
4. BSU
5. NU

Stitch Face
1/8/2010, 03:40 PM
Shows you what old British goth rockers know about football.

StoopTroup
1/8/2010, 03:46 PM
Too bad we didn't just lose to aggie and forgo a Bowl Game like some had suggested....then we might have made #1. :rolleyes:

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 03:49 PM
his top 5:

1. Bama
2.tOSU
3. OU
4. Iowa
5. Va. Tech

Robert Smith's top 5:

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. tOSU
4. BSU
5. NU

jeesus...why o why does VT make every damn top whatever list? anyone know? amazes me. by the third week, they're irrelevant and everyone is asking, why were they there? why don't we just forgoe all this stupid crap and stop putting them anywhere close to the top 10 till they prove something?

Collier11
1/8/2010, 03:52 PM
Typical Va Tech season

Start off highly ranked
Lose a close game to a highly ranked team
Fall to the 15-20 range
Win alot of ACC games to get back highly ranked
Lose a game they shouldnt lose or the conf title game or bowl game
Finish 10-3

rawlingsHOH
1/8/2010, 03:53 PM
Herbie = kiss of death

It was comical listening to him during the 07 and 08 seasons, every week he'd ''crown" a new team, the next week they were toast.

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2010, 04:02 PM
The goth rocker comment got by me.

boomersooner28
1/8/2010, 04:06 PM
jeesus...why o why does VT make every damn top whatever list? anyone know? amazes me. by the third week, they're irrelevant and everyone is asking, why were they there? why don't we just forgoe all this stupid crap and stop putting them anywhere close to the top 10 till they find a quarterback that doesn't suck?

Fixed! :D

Stitch Face
1/8/2010, 04:23 PM
My wife brings up a lot of important stuff during games, like: does Herbie dye his hair and/or eyebrows a golden yellow color? Or is the color on my set funny? Any ladies have an opinion (on Herbie's hair or my TV)?

Stitch Face
1/8/2010, 04:25 PM
The goth rocker comment got by me.

I read that Dave Gahan thinks ND is going to the BCS next year. Crazy techno-domers. :rolleyes:

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2010, 04:45 PM
I picked us number 1...means as much as him pickin us 3

StoopTroup
1/8/2010, 04:52 PM
I picked us number 1...means as much as him pickin us 3

I think you know more about football though....so you got that going for ya. :D

TXBOOMER
1/8/2010, 05:18 PM
I don't know why anyone would expect too much out of this team next year. I hope to be surprised but OUr schedule is tough, D will be good but not sure it will be quite as good as this year, I once again expect field goal issues, O has a ton to prove, primarily the O Line as well as needed improvement at all of the skilled positions (except Broyles) etc. We'll see. BOOMER!

josh09
1/8/2010, 05:45 PM
I think offseason and preseason rankings are pointless.

yankee
1/8/2010, 05:47 PM
everyone is riding tosu's jock because pryor actually played a good game in the rose bowl. still very unproven.

goingoneight
1/8/2010, 05:50 PM
Preseason rank means nothing:

In the preseason, Tim Tebow would win a three-way Heisman race with Sammy B and Cart McCoy.

Gresham would have 2000 yards and 20 TDs

OSU would win three Heismans

USC was going to the Rose Bowl with Aaron Corp at QB

... see where this is going?

Collier11
1/8/2010, 06:00 PM
continue...

swardboy
1/8/2010, 06:29 PM
Tebow would be allowed another year because....just because

icmwhOU72
1/8/2010, 06:57 PM
I got a couple things for you all. 1. Ask auburn how much preseason polls matter. If OU had started ranked 5 in 2004 and auburn started 2/3 we would not have played for the NC. Preseason polls are crap and should not be released until oct 1. but they are important. 2. OUr D will be better than this years. I believe that the only position that we are going to be weaker at is DT. McCoy was really good and if not for suh, it wouldnt surprise me if mccoy wouldnt go number 1 in the draft. We lose R. Reynolds at MLB and stick in Wort - Upgrade. K. Clayton gone R Lewis in - Upgrade. D. Franks and Brian Jackson gone G. Lynn D Hurst - not much of a drop off though i do looove b jackson as a corner and think he is undervalued. And our safeties will prolly be Q and t Jefferson. our DE's will be really good again next year. We are also bringing in a lot of top talent to put around landry

Scott D
1/8/2010, 07:01 PM
ask me how much I care about Auburn in any given year.

soonerboy
1/8/2010, 07:44 PM
well the good thing is, is that no one can say we dont have any game experience on the offensive line... hell we have wide recievers that have experience playing center now ;)

Flagstaffsooner
1/8/2010, 08:02 PM
Speaking of picking Bama #1...Is that you, Chase?
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/mcelroygolddigging.jpg

VA Sooner
1/8/2010, 08:05 PM
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/mcelroygolddigging.jpg

Gotta love technology! No one is safe.

:D

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 08:07 PM
But did he eat his?

Scott D
1/8/2010, 08:13 PM
Well he DID take over for Chase in high school.

AlbqSooner
1/8/2010, 09:47 PM
Well he DID take over for Chase in high school.

Chase taught him everything about being a college QB.:D

soonerspudman
1/8/2010, 10:32 PM
jeesus...why o why does VT make every damn top whatever list? anyone know? amazes me. by the third week, they're irrelevant and everyone is asking, why were they there? why don't we just forgoe all this stupid crap and stop putting them anywhere close to the top 10 till they prove something?

Northern Virginia = Huge TV Market

jkjsooner
1/8/2010, 10:38 PM

I would always be nervous to play VT. That being said I think Beamer ball has lost some of its luster. Teams a more prepared for VT's special teams and they've actually lost some games the last few years on special teams.

prrriiide
1/8/2010, 11:12 PM
Shows you what old British goth rockers know about football.

Yeah, but I heard Johnny Rotten tell Herbie "Bollocks to you!" and picked OU to go all the way to #8.

Sabanball
1/8/2010, 11:25 PM
You guys will be in the catbird seat next year within your conference. LJ proved he's capable--Gresham was your biggest loss this past year, IMO.

StoopTroup
1/9/2010, 03:39 AM

He does looked pretty worried about that 2nd half whorn comeback huh?

LMAO@:texan:

okiedokie
1/9/2010, 11:58 AM
Here is my take.
Landry much improved
OL improved and healthy
WR still good enough with Broyles hopefully staying
Running backs good
Defense still solid. Need young guys stepping up and filling in should be fine.

We beat a good Stanford team and I think it helped with the young guys confidence. That should carry over to next year in my opinion. Top 3 not so sure but Top 10 yes.

JLEW1818
1/9/2010, 12:45 PM
I think Boise and VT play each other this year

IronHorseSooner
1/9/2010, 01:01 PM
Rivals has us #12, with Nebbish as the highest ranked Big XII team. I like Nebbish on Specials and D, but their offense needs a lot of improvement. I don't have a problem with some who have UTerus ahead of us, for the same logic that we had between 2000-2004. Until we beat them, put them ahead of us.

However, even with the talent, UTerus will be in for a tough year. Both Landry and Gilbert were coveted QBs. Gilbert is one of the best to come out of the state, and Landry was the starting QB in the Army AA Game, and was throwing bombs to Julio Jones. Their receiving corps is a carbon-stinking-copy of OUrs. Shipley graduating will absolutely burn them. They have talent, but it's as green as OUrs was. If you switched their jerseys, you couldn't tell the difference between M. Williams and D. Miller. However, what is in OUr favor is that Landry is more experienced, and will likely have a more established rapport with his receivers and backs. Both teams have questions at kicker. Lawrence was to them like Hartley was to us. He saved their bacon MANY times. The D's will be quite similar. Both lose their best DL, their starting MLB, and their best DB. I would say that due to injury, the experience that OUr guys got gives us an edge.

Just like there was a respected rivalry between Sam and Colt, there might be the same thing happening between LJ and Gilbert. It will be definitely something fun to watch.

KantoSooner
1/9/2010, 01:23 PM
everyone is riding tosu's jock because pryor actually played a good game in the rose bowl. still very unproven.

Okay, this brings up a issue that I would like to hear about from those who know this game much more than I do.
Pryor played a very poor game in my opinion. In particular his ability to check receivers, make a decision and get rid of the ball was jr/sr high school at best. Really. You could have taken a WR, put him in at QB and told him "Look for someone open, but, at all costs, run the '4 mississippi count' in your head and get the dam ball gone by the time you're done" and he would have done better. He's big and fast and strong, but I'm just not seeing a QB in him. Brain is too slow.

Why is this wrong? Comments?

soonerinabilene
1/9/2010, 01:41 PM
Okay, this brings up a issue that I would like to hear about from those who know this game much more than I do.
Pryor played a very poor game in my opinion. In particular his ability to check receivers, make a decision and get rid of the ball was jr/sr high school at best. Really. You could have taken a WR, put him in at QB and told him "Look for someone open, but, at all costs, run the '4 mississippi count' in your head and get the dam ball gone by the time you're done" and he would have done better. He's big and fast and strong, but I'm just not seeing a QB in him. Brain is too slow.

Why is this wrong? Comments?

compared to his last 12 starts, he looked like '05 vince young in the rose bowl. problem is, more often than not, he plays like '03 vince young

illinisooner
1/9/2010, 04:29 PM
Preseason polls matter (Auburn 2004) but they are in no way accurate.

oudavid1
1/9/2010, 04:39 PM
I got a couple things for you all. 1. Ask auburn how much preseason polls matter. If OU had started ranked 5 in 2004 and auburn started 2/3 we would not have played for the NC. Preseason polls are crap and should not be released until oct 1. but they are important. 2. OUr D will be better than this years. I believe that the only position that we are going to be weaker at is DT. McCoy was really good and if not for suh, it wouldnt surprise me if mccoy wouldnt go number 1 in the draft. We lose R. Reynolds at MLB and stick in Wort - Upgrade. K. Clayton gone R Lewis in - Upgrade. D. Franks and Brian Jackson gone G. Lynn D Hurst - not much of a drop off though i do looove b jackson as a corner and think he is undervalued. And our safeties will prolly be Q and t Jefferson. our DE's will be really good again next year. We are also bringing in a lot of top talent to put around landry

Well I hope your right, but a few things to point out, Loses both corners instead of just 1 is a big deal, both the replacements are looking to be on average 2 inches shorter and 20 lbs lighter, (Demontre Hurst and Jammell Flemming who where the back up corners this year) and i think Austin Box or Ronnell "freak" Lewis play middle linebacker and the 5 star commit from last year Jamarcus McFarland to take McCoys spot, the DE's will be very good and hopefully Wort can recover and Travis Lewis will take care of the other backer spot. Safetys wont be an issue and the offense....well thats a whole other story

starclassic tama
1/9/2010, 04:48 PM
Rivals has us #12, with Nebbish as the highest ranked Big XII team. I like Nebbish on Specials and D, but their offense needs a lot of improvement. I don't have a problem with some who have UTerus ahead of us, for the same logic that we had between 2000-2004. Until we beat them, put them ahead of us.

However, even with the talent, UTerus will be in for a tough year. Both Landry and Gilbert were coveted QBs. Gilbert is one of the best to come out of the state, and Landry was the starting QB in the Army AA Game, and was throwing bombs to Julio Jones. Their receiving corps is a carbon-stinking-copy of OUrs. Shipley graduating will absolutely burn them. They have talent, but it's as green as OUrs was. If you switched their jerseys, you couldn't tell the difference between M. Williams and D. Miller. However, what is in OUr favor is that Landry is more experienced, and will likely have a more established rapport with his receivers and backs. Both teams have questions at kicker. Lawrence was to them like Hartley was to us. He saved their bacon MANY times. The D's will be quite similar. Both lose their best DL, their starting MLB, and their best DB. I would say that due to injury, the experience that OUr guys got gives us an edge.

Just like there was a respected rivalry between Sam and Colt, there might be the same thing happening between LJ and Gilbert. It will be definitely something fun to watch.

agreed except i think quinton carter is our best DB...

boomersooner28
1/9/2010, 05:16 PM
I think Boise and VT play each other this year

Ya! Pretty sure Va Tech goes to the blue turf! You have to give props to Va Tech for scheduling that game. Nobody wants to go out there.

Salt City Sooner
1/9/2010, 06:01 PM
Va. Tech/BSU is in Landover, Maryland.