PDA

View Full Version : McCoy Lives the Dream

jthomas666
1/8/2010, 03:04 PM
Courtesy of The Onion (http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/colt_mccoys_unusually)

PASADENA, CA—Following a 37-21 loss to Alabama in which he suffered a game-ending injury just five plays in and was forced to watch the Crimson Tide defense take advantage of his absence, Texas quarterback Colt McCoy told reporters that the heart-breaking defeat fulfilled a depressing dream he has had since he was a boy growing up in New Mexico. "I think every kid, whether he is playing high school football or a pickup game with friends, imagines what it would be like to one day lead your team to the Rose Bowl, stand on the sidelines, and then helplessly watch your team get dismantled on the grandest stage imaginable," said a teary-eyed McCoy, adding that the irony of never missing a game due to injury until the most important game of his life was just icing on the cake. "This was a dreadful storybook ending. I really couldn't ask for more." McCoy added that he plans on fulfilling another of his wretched boyhood dreams by being a bust in the upcoming NFL draft and having a largely disappointing NFL career.

Stitch Face
1/8/2010, 03:11 PM
Good satire, but ouch.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/8/2010, 03:13 PM
apparently the Onion has never heard of A&M, 2007 (2006?).

I get UT's losses to Aggie confused.

Crimson Kid
1/8/2010, 03:14 PM
Colt is a great person and good qb, it was sad to watch it taken from him like that.

I"m sure sam and him are talking and sam will help him deal with it.

Good luck to you colt and see you on sundays.

StoopTroup
1/8/2010, 03:17 PM
It does usually take a Sooner to help the down trodden and disenchanted. :D

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2010, 03:33 PM
I don't think it is even good satire. The Onion has lost all subtlety. It's articles all appear to have been written by a juvenile fan of the opposing team.

It used to be hilarious.

FaninAma
1/8/2010, 03:47 PM
Any fan who cares about good sportsmanship cannot possibly dislike Colt.

ashley
1/8/2010, 04:31 PM
Any fan who cares about good sportsmanship cannot possibly dislike Colt.

Correct.

PhiDeltBeers
1/8/2010, 04:54 PM
Love or hate Texas, Colt is/was one of the classiest kids on the big stage. Even as bad as he felt, he still metioned that he thanked God for the opportunity to be there. I truley felt sorry for him last night and wish him the best in the pros.

SPuL
1/8/2010, 05:09 PM
^yeah it's like I was screaming so loud, celebrating... then I heard his interview, and i just lost it all, and felt bad for him instead. party pooper! :mad: