PDA

View Full Version : so i walk into kmart here in abilene this morning...

soonerinabilene
1/8/2010, 02:11 PM
and at the front of the store is a big display on Texas National Champions shirts with a big clearance sign on it for $2.50. i laughed and bought one.

Sooner98
1/8/2010, 02:13 PM
Were asterisks included?

OUDoc
1/8/2010, 02:16 PM
Assuming he gave you $2.50 to take it, I'd say it was well worth it.

Piware
1/8/2010, 02:18 PM
I wonder if they are going to get some rings made?

MyT Oklahoma
1/8/2010, 02:18 PM
I only wish that you could have got one for me too.

No.. wait.. there are two * attorneys in this office. Please make that three. :D

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 02:33 PM
and at the front of the store is a big display on Texas National Champions shirts with a big clearance sign on it for $2.50. i laughed and bought one.

why would you laugh? they were about to dominate that game. had colt not taken that hit, they WOULD have won it. please tell me there was an asterick...

jthomas666
1/8/2010, 02:37 PM
why would you laugh? they were about to dominate that game. had colt not taken that hit, they WOULD have won it. please tell me there was an asterick...Yes. Colt twice failed to lead his team to a TD despite stellar field position, and his 2/2 passing yielded a staggering 9 yards. Clearly, he had the Bama D right where they wanted him.

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 02:40 PM
Yes. Colt twice failed to lead his team to a TD despite stellar field position, and his 2/2 passing yielded a staggering 9 yards. Clearly, he had the Bama D right where they wanted him.

but but but...they had FORCED 2 turnovers on you guys and colt was about to stuff you like a vietnamese prostitute on pay day weekend.

OUDoc
1/8/2010, 02:40 PM
Yes. Colt twice failed to lead his team to a TD despite stellar field position, and his 2/2 passing yielded a staggering 9 yards. Clearly, he had the Bama D right where they wanted him.

He was sandbagging.

badger
1/8/2010, 02:44 PM
Bought only one?! You totally could have put them on eBay and made a big arse profit!

If you're not gonna do that, could you at least post a pic here of the one you bought?

jthomas666
1/8/2010, 02:45 PM
but but but...they had FORCED 2 turnovers on you guys and colt was about to stuff you like a vietnamese prostitute on pay day weekend.Forced, gifted, whatever.

I like something I read on another board:

"Last i heard, football was a team sport; if you have a one-man team, that's your problem."

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 02:53 PM
Forced, gifted, whatever.

I like something I read on another board:

"Last i heard, football was a team sport; if you have a one-man team, that's your problem."

have you actually looked at the texas roster? they are a superior football team carefully crafted from the lush, nutrient rich texas soil and any ONE player on that roster could crush your sole in a milisecond. don't hate, just feel lucky colt didnt go tiger woods on your boys and take his sweet time making each and every one of your defenders his personal fluffer.

jthomas666
1/8/2010, 02:58 PM
have you actually looked at the texas roster? they are a superior football team carefully crafted from the lush, nutrient rich texas soil and any ONE player on that roster could crush your sole in a milisecond. don't hate, just feel lucky colt didnt go tiger woods on your boys and take his sweet time making each and every one of your defenders his personal fluffer.I know. It took an act of God, smoke, mirrors, and quite possibly alien technology for Bama to get two 100 yard rushers against the vaunted Texas rush D.

Texas is commended for allowing us to feel so competitive.

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 03:05 PM
I know. It took an act of God, smoke, mirrors, and quite possibly alien technology for Bama to get two 100 yard rushers against the vaunted Texas rush D.

Texas is commended for allowing us to feel so competitive.

but...

stay with me here...

your qb only had 58 yards passing was 2-12 on 3rd down

A
N
D

if texas hadn't of had 5 turnovers, man you guys would be signing the blues.

im saying dude. it doesnt even matter that texas' dline was hittin mcelroy harder than a texican in a donkey show in downtown teewanna...

you guys got real lucky colt got hurt.

Stitch Face
1/8/2010, 03:09 PM
if texas hadn't of had 5 turnovers, man you guys would be signing the blues.

Don't sign the blues! It's a terrible deal!

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 03:15 PM
Don't sign the blues! It's a terrible deal!

roflmao....ok you caught me...

jthomas666
1/8/2010, 03:42 PM
but...

stay with me here...

your qb only had 58 yards passing was 2-12 on 3rd down

A
N
D

if texas hadn't of had 5 turnovers, man you guys would be signing the blues.Again with the "if onlys". If we aren't brain dead for the first five minutes, maybe Texas doesn't score those first two FGs. Maybe if we don't lose Hightower and Damien Square early in the season, our pass rush is much stronger, and McCoy spends the evening wishing he could just go back and play against Nebrasks some more. Maybe if Ingram doesn't have a slightly sprained foot, and he rushes for 200 yards and four TDs. Maybe McCoy lofts that last past against Nebraska just a little higher, and Texas loses that game. We can do this all day, but it won't change anything.

im saying dude. it doesnt even matter that texas' dline was hittin mcelroy harder than a texican in a donkey show in downtown teewanna...And if he doesn't have to protect his ribs, maybe he's better able to elude the rush and get rid of the ball. And did you notice how he kept getting up? And how many hits did it take for McCoy to leave the game?

you guys got real lucky colt got hurt.Show me one championship team that doesn't need some good luck here and there.

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 03:46 PM
Again with the "if onlys". If we aren't brain dead for the first five minutes, maybe Texas doesn't score those first two FGs. Maybe if we don't lose Hightower and Damien Square early in the season, our pass rush is much stronger, and McCoy spends the evening wishing he could just go back and play against Nebrasks some more. Maybe if Ingram doesn't have a slightly sprained foot, he rushed for 200 yards and four TDs. Maybe McCoy lofts that last past against Nebraska just a little higher, and Texas loses that game. We can do this all day, but it won't change anything.

and did you notice how he kept getting up? And how many hits did it take for McCoy to leave the game?

Show me one championship team that doesn't need some good luck here and there.

im just saying...

the far better team for 3 and a half hours last night was gimped by a horribly brutal and classless attack on a star player. THATS why you guys won. if colt would have been in, you defenders would have been on their backs more than your cheerleaders.

BIG XII! BIG XII! BIG XII!

StoopTroup
1/8/2010, 03:51 PM
Assuming he gave you $2.50 to take it, I'd say it was well worth it.

I was gonna say the same thing....

$2.50 is a bit high for a rag you're just gonna use to wipe the oil off your dipstick with when you change oil on the car.

jthomas666
1/8/2010, 03:55 PM
the far better team for 3 and a half hours last night was gimped by a horribly brutal and classless attack on a star player.Seriously? Seriously? I must have missed the announcement that we were playing touch football. I sure as hell don't recall Sergio Kindle pulling up on any of his sacks.

It was a clean hit.

**** happens.

Get over it.

FaninAma
1/8/2010, 03:57 PM
Ummm Colt was only in for 5 plays and he was hurt on 1st or 2nd down so I wouldn't say he failed twice.

Tide fans need to just accept their good fortune, give thanks for their 299th national title and move on.

soonerinabilene
1/8/2010, 03:58 PM
I was gonna say the same thing....

$2.50 is a bit high for a rag you're just gonna use to wipe the oil off your dipstick with when you change oil on the car.

but its just the right price for a catch rag.

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 03:59 PM
Seriously? Seriously? I must have missed the announcement that we were playing touch football.

It was a clean hit.

**** happens.

Get over it.

btw, I don't recall Sergio Kindle pulling up on any of his sacks.

hey thats where i draw the line bucko...sergio kindle is the cats azzz there you. he did absolutely nothing wrong. he is so pationate for texas he jumps up flailing his arms EVERY single time he makes a tackle. thats love for the game. he does nothing malicious in his tackles. i know what you're thinking. those two facemasks he had....pfffft. he was just playing hard and accidentally grabbed it but promptly released...your lineman went head first into a potential first round draft picks throwing arm. he knew this could possibly ruin the game and his career and did it anyway. shame shame.

sooner59
1/8/2010, 04:00 PM
Is Jello serious? I don't have my sarcasm meter turned up, so I can't tell. But a regular hit on a ball-carrier (and not a hard hit) is far from classless.

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 04:01 PM
$2.50 is a bit high for a rag you're just gonna use to wipe the oil off your dipstick

really? oil? you might want to get that checked. o wait. you mean a REAL dipstick lol ok nevermind. nothing to see here.

jthomas666
1/8/2010, 04:02 PM
Ummm Colt was only in for 5 plays and he was hurt on 1st or 2nd down so I wouldn't say he failed twice.My bad. Of course, the corollary is that there is no proof that McCoy would have done any better than Gilbert, particularly given that the defensive game plan was designed to stop McCoy.

Tide fans need to just accept their good fortune, give thanks for their 299th national title and move on.And Texas fans need to accept their bad fortune and stop whining, Oh, and it's 13 titles, thank you very much.

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 04:04 PM
Is Jello serious? I don't have my sarcasm meter turned up, so I can't tell. But a regular hit on a ball-carrier (and not a hard hit) is far from classless.

roflamo....screw it i cant even do it with a straight face at all....

bevo got the good screwing they have needed for a few years now. the only thing missing was the cigarette.

for all you shiite bags talking trash to me 365 days ago, sucka fat babies member...see ya in dallas in 10

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 04:08 PM
And Texas fans need to accept their bad fortune and stop whining, Oh, and it's 13 titles, thank you very much.

fugg them. its in their DNA. they'll never stop.

oh, and we are now counting national titles at 16....so get some.

from soonersports.com

Various organizations have named National Champions in college football since 1869. Utilizing the selectors as recognized by the NCAA, Oklahoma has been recognized for 16 different seasons: 2003, 2000, 1986, 1985, 1980, 1978, 1975, 1974, 1973, 1967, 1956, 1955, 1953, 1950 and 1949

good enough for OU good nuff for me.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/8/2010, 04:17 PM
fugg them. its in their DNA. they'll never stop.

oh, and we are now counting national titles at 16....so get some.

from soonersports.com

Various organizations have named National Champions in college football since 1869. Utilizing the selectors as recognized by the NCAA, Oklahoma has been recognized for 16 different seasons: 2003, 2000, 1986, 1985, 1980, 1978, 1975, 1974, 1973, 1967, 1956, 1955, 1953, 1950 and 1949

good enough for OU good nuff for me.

2003 national champs!!! that was an amazing night of sooner magic ladies and gents!

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 04:19 PM
2003 national champs!!! that was an amazing night of sooner magic ladies and gents!

lol berryman said so...ill take it...and we were only 4 incomplete passes in a row from stepping on LSUs neck ;)

pssst who tha crap is berryman?

GKeeper316
1/8/2010, 04:55 PM

my sarcasm meter is spiking...

SoonerLB
1/8/2010, 05:00 PM
Photo of said shirt desperately needed for the fark board! ;)

stoopified
1/8/2010, 05:54 PM
All I can say To any whinig crying Orange Cow fan is BOO HOO.In one game you got a tiny taste of what OU had to endure this entire seaon.It would have been more complete if Shipley had missed the game and at least three starting o-lineman.

tfoolry
1/8/2010, 06:01 PM
I saw a big rack of txass NC apparel at Wal-Mart in Irving last night & expect they've been drastically marked down today. I may have to go back as I could use some rags to wash my car with.

goingoneight
1/8/2010, 06:24 PM
Again with the "if onlys". If we aren't brain dead for the first five minutes, maybe Texas doesn't score those first two FGs. Maybe if we don't lose Hightower and Damien Square early in the season, our pass rush is much stronger, and McCoy spends the evening wishing he could just go back and play against Nebrasks some more. Maybe if Ingram doesn't have a slightly sprained foot, and he rushes for 200 yards and four TDs. Maybe McCoy lofts that last past against Nebraska just a little higher, and Texas loses that game. We can do this all day, but it won't change anything.

And if he doesn't have to protect his ribs, maybe he's better able to elude the rush and get rid of the ball. And did you notice how he kept getting up? And how many hits did it take for McCoy to leave the game?

Show me one championship team that doesn't need some good luck here and there.

I'm happy to see UT lose.

I'm not happy to see Colt hurt.

... an injury-free season is luck. A bad call going your way is luck. The all-time winningest QB going down with a sprained shoulder is more than just luck... it's a gift from God. Nobody, not one person can guarantee a Tejas victory with Colt all game, but you saw it didn't look pretty until that pop Marcell laid on Colt's shoulder. Clean hit, just a tough break for McCoy.

Hell, I'd love to have Matt Leinart get arrested before the 2005 Orange Bowl or Tim Tebow get stuck at the airport after a routine circumcision the day of last year's BCS Title game. Pretending a green freshman is the same thing as McCoy is silly. Then again, Bama haters pretending McElroy is as bad as he looked is silly too. All around just a weird night and Bama took the cake. Congrats.

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 06:38 PM
That was a great bit of fishing.

sooner59
1/8/2010, 06:50 PM
my sarcasm meter is spiking...

I figured as much. I was in the car reading it on my phone and about to get out at Wal-Mart, so I didn't see everything that he posted.

Soonerfan88
1/8/2010, 07:08 PM
I'm surprised they are even being displayed. A lot of the pre-printed OU 2004 Champions apparel was given to veteran's organizations. I helped distribute them to those living in the local VA domiciliary.

SoonerMom2
1/8/2010, 07:14 PM
im just saying...

the far better team for 3 and a half hours last night was gimped by a horribly brutal and classless attack on a star player. THATS why you guys won. if colt would have been in, you defenders would have been on their backs more than your cheerleaders.

You need to go back and watch the hit on McCoy -- there was nothing brutal or classless about the hit. It is football. You want to talk classless -- how about the hit that the Texas defender gave on Sam Bradford driving him into the ground requiring surgery or the Texas chop blogging trying to take out defensive linemen.

Guess I missed the touchdown that McCoy scored after Alabama messed up on the fake field goal and Texas settled for a field goal.

Salt City Sooner
1/8/2010, 07:29 PM
http://dansideas.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/hook-line-and-sinker.jpg?w=627&h=480

OUinFLA
1/8/2010, 08:16 PM
Jello........ Im a bit pizzed at you.
I went fishing today and didn't do near as well as you have done without leaving your comfy desk.
It ain't right, I tell you, it ain't right.

sooner59
1/8/2010, 08:37 PM
I might be a fish, but I ain't no Kanye.

http://andygreenhaw.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/kanye-west-gay-fish-2.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 08:47 PM
Aren't these shirts supposed to go to some third world country?

AlbqSooner
1/8/2010, 09:13 PM
Can ya get me two of them shirts?
One to crap on. One to wipe with.
TIA

CrimsonJim
1/8/2010, 09:26 PM
Can ya get me two of them shirts?
One to crap on. One to wipe with.
TIA

Naw, yer supposed to use 'em to wiper yer dipstick, ya dipstick. :P

GEN4AU
1/8/2010, 10:28 PM
Oh, and it's 13 titles, thank you very much.No, it's 8.

2k2 c5
1/8/2010, 10:42 PM
He was teabagging.

fixt

BamaTaxMan
1/9/2010, 01:22 AM
No, it's 8.

No matter what, it's a helluva lot more than the Barn has. (And more recent as well).

fossil
1/9/2010, 10:31 AM
Seriously? Seriously? I must have missed the announcement that we were playing touch football. I sure as hell don't recall Sergio Kindle pulling up on any of his sacks.

It was a clean hit.

**** happens.

Get over it.

:D C'mon man, by now surely you can see Jello man has his tongue planted firmly in his cheek. He's kiddin' don't ya know.

fossil
1/9/2010, 10:38 AM
:P I'd love to have one of those Horn Championship shirts to wear to work and to church. Either place, you can't sling a dead cat without hitting a Whorn fan and they'd not appreciate my wearing that shirt in front of them. of course, I'd go the whole day with a big old **** eatin' grin on my face and be sure every Whorn fan got a good, long look at that shirt. Ha.

picasso
1/9/2010, 10:42 AM
Don't forget Mack! That man can coach a mean game and tie his shoes at the same time!

DakotaSooner
1/9/2010, 11:03 AM
I would love to have one of those shirts also. haha I have two buddies that are Longhorn fans and I would love to see their reaction to me owning it, not sure I could wear it..........

soonerloyal
1/9/2010, 12:21 PM
Sounds to me like ya got a real (if temporary) money-makin' opportunity there, SoonerInAbilene. I'd jump on it if I were you. Just make sure you wear full OU regalia as you're buying all of them, and be sure to tell everyone in earshot of the register how they'll be used.
:cool:
Heck, they'd also make real nice door prizes at the SoonerFans Tailgate Parties in Norman...

GEN4AU
1/9/2010, 12:29 PM
No matter what, it's a helluva lot more than the Barn has. (And more recent as well).So, we're still your gold standard?

Don't get your panties all bunched up over it. I was just pointing out the obvious. The only people who believe bama has 13 championships are bama fans. It's been proven that the others were claimed retroactively by the university. Hell, using bama math, Auburn could claim no less than 8 titles.

Have fun at Wallmart.

xothermic
1/9/2010, 03:15 PM
I went online to the Abilene Walmart store [zipcode 79601] to see if these 2009 nat. champ shirts were available online.... When they weren't on the clearance page, I tried to do a search on men's apparel and then by 'sports team'. They have removed the Texas Longhorns from the search list!
You can buy a Jason White autographed Sooner jersey through their webpage, but nothing related to the whorns..... :)

OK2LA
1/9/2010, 11:15 PM

Good grief.

Classless attack? Please tell me you're not serious.

Woulda's, coulda's, and shouda's. The better team won, and really did it in dominating style.

Bama called the dogs off. They went into halftime knowing that there was no way they would lose the game unless they made mistakes. They got REAL conservative, and made sure that the young qb was going to have to beat them.

When things got close, and Alabama woke up, they put a stranglehold on tejas and dictated the pace.

The better team won, and still would've won even if Colt had played the entire game.

Jello Biafra
1/10/2010, 12:38 PM
Good grief.

Classless attack? Please tell me you're not serious.

Woulda's, coulda's, and shouda's. The better team won, and really did it in dominating style.

Bama called the dogs off. They went into halftime knowing that there was no way they would lose the game unless they made mistakes. They got REAL conservative, and made sure that the young qb was going to have to beat them.

When things got close, and Alabama woke up, they put a stranglehold on tejas and dictated the pace.

The better team won, and still would've won even if Colt had played the entire game.

kinda slow aint ya?

jthomas666
1/10/2010, 03:59 PM
kinda slow aint ya?Seriously. Even I figured it out two days ago. ;)

Jacie
1/10/2010, 05:41 PM
Seriously? Seriously? I must have missed the announcement that we were playing touch football. I sure as hell don't recall Sergio Kindle pulling up on any of his sacks.

It was a clean hit.

You don't understand. Sooners, however, know having faced Ponyboy for four years now that any touches to his body result in a 15 yard penalty.

soonerinabilene
1/10/2010, 09:09 PM
jello should join the bassmasters tour. seriously, that was better than Lid in october with noobs.

SGT Park3R
1/11/2010, 07:18 AM
That's hilarious. I really wish I could get one of those for each of these damn KBR workers here in Iraq with me. About 90% were rooting for Texass.

Bama Yankee
1/11/2010, 01:06 PM
So, we're still your gold standard?

Don't get your panties all bunched up over it. I was just pointing out the obvious. The only people who believe bama has 13 championships are bama fans. It's been proven that the others were claimed retroactively by the university. Hell, using bama math, Auburn could claim no less than 8 titles.

Have fun at Wallmart.

So, you're willing to acknowledge the 8 titles we have won in the so-called "poll era" (1936 to present). That's a good start. Please explain to me why you can't give us credit for the following years:
1925: Bama beat an undefeated Washington team in the Rose Bowl (only bowl game played and therefore a "de-facto" National Championship Game) to finish the season 10-0. This game put Southern football on the map.
1926: Once again an undefeated Alabama team played in the Rose Bowl, this time against an undefeated Stanford (the United Press called the game "the football championship of America"). The game finished in a tie and Bama split the title with Stanford.
1930: Another undefeated season and Rose Bowl victory (this time a 24-0 win over previously undefeated Washington State)
1934: Again, an undefeated season and Rose Bowl victory (29-14 over previously undefeated Stanford). By this time they had added a couple of bowls, but the Rose was still the big game and still the de facto National Championship game.

I'll give you the 1941 title we claim is a somewhat of a stretch. But the undefeated teams of 1945 and 1966 could have at least gotten a share of the title (you guys can relate to this after 2004). The 1966 team is still the only team in history to start the season ranked #1, win every game and still not win the National Championship. So, everytime you guys whine about 2004, you should also mention the 1966 Bama team...

To recap, you give us credit for 8 and if the four mentioned above are legit, why can't you at least acknowledge that we have a dozen titles? Again, I'll give you 1941, but please explain why those early titles from the 20's and 30's are not valid.

A Sooner in Texas
1/11/2010, 01:41 PM
I was at Kroger last night, and lo and behold, there was a rack of Texas national championship shirts! Looks like some had been bought. I chuckled and walked by...didn't want to even get close to them.
BTW SGT Park3R, how's your mom?

StoopTroup
1/11/2010, 02:29 PM
That's hilarious. I really wish I could get one of those for each of these damn KBR workers here in Iraq with me. About 90% were rooting for Texass.

Maybe they should back off the hash....lol.

NSFW

RPnmt6DcFGk

OKLA21FAN
1/16/2010, 03:11 PM
price of poker is going down :pop:
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs173.snc3/20059_1324909249523_1434651478_889333_2801586_n.jp g

OK2LA
1/19/2010, 01:34 AM
kinda slow aint ya?

You could've said you weren't serious . . .

and yes - I am kind of slow.

Sooner70
1/19/2010, 07:48 AM
I understand there's a lot of "Texas Longhorns 2009 National Champions" caps showing up in Madagascar and Tierra Del Fuego....the locals pick them up for a quarter apiece. I always wondered what happened to that kind of stuff that gets made before the game's outcome.

Jello Biafra
1/19/2010, 12:08 PM
You could've said you weren't serious . . .

and yes - I am kind of slow.

i weren't serious ;)

i thought you had read more of my material to know i would, under no circumstances, back texas...lol

texas vs. satan......go satan ;)