PDA

View Full Version : Mora Jr. GONE

Sooner in Tampa
1/8/2010, 01:54 PM
Seattle canned Mora Jr. today...what the hell where they waiting on?

tommieharris91
1/8/2010, 02:14 PM
Stoops to Seattle.

sooner59
1/8/2010, 03:00 PM
Leach to Seattle.

Collier11
1/8/2010, 03:01 PM
Actually word is they will make a run at Pete Carroll, I know Petey loves the college game but it might be time for him to hit the trail before this ncaa stuff catches up to him

sooner59
1/8/2010, 03:04 PM
Petey to Seattle.

Stoops to SUC!

Collier11
1/8/2010, 03:08 PM
Mortensen has tweeted that Carroll to Seattle is all but done, Wow! Very interesting

Collier11
1/8/2010, 03:18 PM
This talks about Carroll to Seattle, IF he did leave who would go to usc? Mack Brown(seriously), Steve Sarkisian, whatya think?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4808557

StoopTroup
1/8/2010, 03:19 PM
Plus Petey could live in Oregon and grow his own pot.

Collier11
1/8/2010, 03:20 PM
Mmmmm, Pot!

GKeeper316
1/8/2010, 04:58 PM
Plus Petey could live in Oregon and grow his own pot.

he can do that in cali, now. and shack up with a grad student in a malibu beach house living a life tiger woods can only dream about.

StoopTroup
1/8/2010, 05:00 PM
he can do that in cali, now. and shack up with a grad student in a malibu beach house living a life tiger woods can only dream about.

I thought he was already doing that....lol

ouduckhunter
1/8/2010, 05:07 PM
Petey to Seattle and Mike Riley of Oregon State to USC is the rumor floating around out here.

ouleaf
1/8/2010, 05:08 PM
You'd figure they Seahawks must have some big name lined up to show Mora the door after just one season.

Collier11
1/8/2010, 05:34 PM
why Mike Riley, I dont get it...what has the guy ever done except make oregon st marginally relevant

badger
1/8/2010, 05:40 PM
The playoffs? You kiddin' me? Playoffs?

(whoops, wrong Jim Mora)

RedstickSooner
1/8/2010, 06:08 PM
Petey to Seattle, Stoops to SUC, Leach to OU, Mora to Tech.

RedstickSooner
1/8/2010, 06:10 PM
side question: Why the fudge is *any* nfl team considering petey boy? He already tried the nfl -- and he suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Maybe the NFL doesn't know about wikipedia?

Hmm.

I should tell them.

ouduckhunter
1/8/2010, 06:14 PM
why Mike Riley, I dont get it...what has the guy ever done except make oregon st marginally relevant

Riley gets a lot of spek from sports analyst out here. He never gets top recruits, has so-so facilities, no pool of big money donors like at USC, WA or Phil Knight at Orygun, and a marginal fan base. With all that working against him, he is still able to cobble together decent teams that are capable of pulling off big upsets and having winning seasons most years.

The sports folk say that if he could get the good players to come to Oregon State, or was at a school with lots of money to throw into their football program that he would do great things. I think about the only negative that I ever hear about him is that he is such a nice guy that it might work against him, and that players have taken advantage of that in the past. The last couple of years his players have behaved pretty well, but a few years back they were always in the news for doing really weird, dumbas$ things!

He recruited the Rodgers brothers from Texas right out from under Mac Brown's nose, so for that I really give him some extra spek!! :D :D

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out!!

ndpruitt03
1/8/2010, 07:10 PM
side question: Why the fudge is *any* nfl team considering petey boy? He already tried the nfl -- and he suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Maybe the NFL doesn't know about wikipedia?

Hmm.

I should tell them.

33-31 slightly above average.

VA Sooner
1/8/2010, 08:08 PM
Let him go to Seattle. The days of the "USC Empire" have reached a new low... and with possible sanctions on the football program... good time to jump ship.

OUstud
1/8/2010, 08:15 PM
I think about the only negative that I ever hear about him is that he is such a nice guy that it might work against him, and that players have taken advantage of that in the past. The last couple of years his players have behaved pretty well, but a few years back they were always in the news for doing really weird, dumbas$ things!

http://www.fanblogs.com/oregon_state/004973.php

OSU: the same everywhere, no matter what the "O" stands for. :D

OULenexaman
1/8/2010, 10:49 PM
actually this changes some verbal commits.....signing day could be interesting now....several may switch...like Kyle Prater....not to mention some others...I love it...

tulsaoilerfan
1/9/2010, 02:16 AM
Why the **** would any college coach want to go to the NFL? I also wonder what these owners are smoking to fire a coach after only 1 season; there isn't a coach alive that can turn around a team in 1 season

sooner59
1/9/2010, 02:27 AM
This ^.

bluedogok
1/9/2010, 12:06 PM
Mora Jr. was on staff under Holmgren, so they had some experience with him and it isn't like they went out and hired/fired him after one season. Plus after comments he made on a radio talk show (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2698649) about wanting to be the University of Washington coach when he was with the Falcons probably cast some doubt in the minds of ownership about his commitment because more than like Sarkesian doesn't stay long at UW.

They have no team president, GM and now coach, sounds like they are cleaning house and starting over.