PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown observation.....

SteelClip49
1/8/2010, 12:05 PM
he did put in Garrett Gilbert and he did well considering the circumstances. McCoy could have gone back out but Brown decided it was not worth the even though McCoy knew he could return.

Jason White was hurt in the 2003 XII Title Game and played the entire Sugar Bowl. Considering what Mack did yesterday...I think it proves that Stoops should have put Thompson in just to see what he could have done and maybe, just maybe the Sugar Bowl could have been a different result.

Maybe in the end it was a "Heisman" thing. Backup QB replacing a hurting Heisman QB in the NC game. I seriously wonder.

Just a thought.

Stitch Face
1/8/2010, 12:07 PM
I doubt it took much soul-searching. Colt admitted he had no proprioception despite the strength and lack of pain. I doubt Mack was seriously debating letting Colt go in and lob the ball in random directions.

boomermagic
1/8/2010, 12:11 PM
Colt was not able to play..

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 12:13 PM
man, it must suck knowing your starting qb is out of the game, the game is still somewhat close with your backup, and u just wanna shut everybody up, and watch your backup win the game... but deep down you know u will lose

sucky feeling

Widescreen
1/8/2010, 12:14 PM
McCoy didn't "know he could return". He tried throwing at halftime and, by his own account, his arm was a noodle.

goingoneight
1/8/2010, 12:20 PM
This is just aggravating, you know? I'm happy to see whorn fans shut their mouths, but they'll be back in rare, arrogant form as soon as Gilbert completes his first pass in Spring Football. The aggravating thing, that you have guys like Sam and Colt... quiet, humble guys who do everything right go down at the worst possible time with injuries. Then you have asshats like Vince Young who can barely read, criminals who get released to play in the big game or cheaters who make their way through without a scratch.

rawlingsHOH
1/8/2010, 12:44 PM
McCoy could have gone back out but Brown decided it was not worth the even though McCoy knew he could return.

Nope, McCoy was dunzo.