PDA

View Full Version : Curb your enthusiasm.

TUSooner
1/8/2010, 10:38 AM
I don't understand the near-euphoria shown by some posters. It's not like OU won anything last night or received any real benefit.

Yeah, I wanted Texas to lose, because I didn't want Clappy-Squeaky-Mack and Precious McCoy to be rubbed in my face as BCS champs. And Bama is not the worst of the SEC teams.

But on the other hand... I don't "love" Alabama, the Big XII took a hit, and the SEC has more ammo for its obnoxious arrogance. Plus, the college football season is OVER.

So y'all stop being so dad-gum happy!!! :mad:

;)

Bourbon St Sooner
1/8/2010, 10:44 AM
Did I say F*** texass this morning?

And why wouldn't I be happy? It's Friday. That is all.

soonerloyal
1/8/2010, 10:45 AM
From a Sooner in the heart of SEC country:

(insert favorite cuss word here) ___________ Texas.

Stitch Face
1/8/2010, 10:46 AM
Cut us some slack, man. It's a cold, boring Friday morning otherwise.

Breadburner
1/8/2010, 10:48 AM
The SEC can say what ever they want...I dont live anywhere near there......

jharkins
1/8/2010, 10:48 AM
Great show

rawlingsHOH
1/8/2010, 10:51 AM
But on the other hand... I don't "love" Alabama, the Big XII took a hit, and the SEC has more ammo for its obnoxious arrogance. Plus, the college football season is OVER.

I HATE the Big 12. I root against nearly all of their teams in the bowl games.

Conference pride is an extremely bizarre concept to me. I'm a Sooner fan, not a conference fan.

BigTime1
1/8/2010, 10:54 AM
Anytime Texas loses its a GREAT DAY! Just to see there little broken hearted faces around here is enough to put anyone into euphoria. I love it.

SoonerMom2
1/8/2010, 10:59 AM

Conference pride is an extremely bizarre concept to me. I'm a Sooner fan, not a conference fan.

That makes two of us! After how Mack Brown acted last year when we won according to the rules, I like Texas even less. Somehow hearing any Texas person going back on the McCoy was hurt and that is why we lost theme, doesn't cut it since our Heisman Winner Bradford went out in the Texas game and their fans were so happy and cheering loudly.

We could be running around saying that Texas wouldn't have gotten in the game if Sam had not been hurt along with Gresham and others. When Landry came in he had a new offensive line and no Gresham. Gilbert comes in with a seasoned offensive line and experienced wide receivers and tight ends, yet some on here want to give Gilbert props over Landry. Makes no sense. If we had a decent field goal kicker, we would have beat Texas with Jones.

I am very happy Texas and Mack Brown lost. I want them to lose every game even more after their lack of sportsmanship against us last year.

TUSooner
1/8/2010, 11:06 AM
Anytime Texas loses its a GREAT DAY!....

Well, It IS hard to argue with that.

It's pretty much how I feel about LSU.

S008NER
1/8/2010, 11:25 AM
What was the best part of last night?

Was it the evening news announcing the longhorn loss in a tone like some kind of national tragedy has occurred?

Was it that live shots of an empty parking lot at the local Academy Sports & Outdoors that was prepared to stay open until midnight to sell championship t-shirts.

Was it the live shots of a deserted 6th street or the tower which was earlier prematurely lit?

Was it the announcement that the t-shirts, which were made in collie station, by aggy students, were going to be destroyed?

Was the irony of the way colt's injury changed their game plan, just like ours changed in October?

All of it :D

RacerX
1/8/2010, 11:27 AM
Texass put up a good fight.

May they burn in hell.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2010, 11:29 AM
Texass put up a good fight.

May they burn in hell.

This...During the game, I sent out a text saying I was impressed with the way texas was playing...now they can go away

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2010, 11:30 AM
I don't understand the near-euphoria shown by some posters. It's not like OU won anything last night or received any real benefit.

Yeah, I wanted Texas to lose, because I didn't want Clappy-Squeaky-Mack and Precious McCoy to be rubbed in my face as BCS champs. And Bama is not the worst of the SEC teams.

So y'all stop being so dad-gum happy!!! :mad:

;)

I will continue to be happy, thank you very much. While I would be much happier with an OU national championship, that was a sunk cost after the Miami game. I'll take an Alabama national championship as a second prize any day.

I gotta say, while it's pretty darn sweet to have your favorite team beat Texas in the Cotton Bowl, it still feels pretty good to have your second-favorite team beat them in the Rose Bowl.

Soonerman08
1/8/2010, 11:34 AM
Who cares about how many championships a conference has won? National championships are gauged, and should be gauged only by what university wins them. OU doesn't benefit if their arch rival wins the NC. No one goes around making shirts, banners, or rings about "The Big XII: National Championship Conference for the past 'X' number of years" or whatever. They also don't put up signs on their stadium for championships won by other schools in their conference.

Oh wait how silly of me, Texas DID do that last year with the Big 12 championship. Seriously I root for a team at an individual university. I could give a rats' rear about the conference. This is why the fans in the SEC are idiots. While their most hated rivals are winning national championships (hurting their recruiting and their schools' pride), they're gloating on conference glory.

instigator
1/8/2010, 11:37 AM
Those horn ****ers talked so much **** at the Cowboys game Sunday and again all week around here. I couldn't wait for last night to shut them up. Now they have nothing to say. That is why I am so happy. It's nice and quiet walking around in Sooner gear.

TUSooner
1/8/2010, 11:38 AM
I'm sure glad I added the ;) !!

:D

StoopTroup
1/8/2010, 11:39 AM
This...During the game, I sent out a text saying I was impressed with the way texas was playing...now they can go away

It's true. Not many Teams know how to lose to the bitter end like +exas does.

Still it's hard to say if last night was the best lose to the bitter end in shorthorn history or the +exas +ech/Crabtree loss.

Either way....both were really great+exas losses to the bitter end.

Good Point STEP. :D :pop: :texan:

Soonerus
1/8/2010, 11:41 AM
I am happy, after this season I have to look for any small victories I can...

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 11:44 AM

eggzactly....

boomermagic
1/8/2010, 11:45 AM
I will continue to be happy, thank you very much. While I would be much happier with an OU national championship, that was a sunk cost after the Miami game. I'll take an Alabama national championship as a second prize any day.

I gotta say, while it's pretty darn sweet to have your favorite team beat Texas in the Cotton Bowl, it still feels pretty good to have your second-favorite team beat them in the Rose Bowl.

This is exactly how I feel.. Bama is my second favorite team and I H A T E texas..

Bourbon St Sooner
1/8/2010, 11:47 AM
Well, It IS hard to argue with that.

It's pretty much how I feel about LSU.

OU won

LSU lost

texass lost

Pony boy's gone

Jordan Jefferson and Leslie are still at LSU

What's not to be happy about?

StoopTroup
1/8/2010, 11:51 AM
I have to say that posting comments in this YouTube thread really made my night. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgKT25J6hd8

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2010, 11:58 AM
I have to say that posting comments in this YouTube thread really made my night. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgKT25J6hd8

Good reading Troup!