PDA

View Full Version : "It wouldn't even have been close"

jharkins
1/8/2010, 10:34 AM
Mack said in an "unguarded" conversation that if McCoy was in "It wouldn't even have been close" per CBS Sportsline's Dennis Dodd.

I say ditto for this year's RRR then.

Check it out here
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/12756698/title-game-loses-luster-with-early-injury-to-mccoy

Sooner in Tampa
1/8/2010, 10:42 AM
Whatever...**** mack and his built in excuse

Stitch Face
1/8/2010, 10:45 AM
if McCoy was in "It wouldn't even have been close"

I doubt McCoy would have scored fewer points that Gilbert...

TUSooner
1/8/2010, 10:52 AM
[:mack:] squeak squeak squeak [:mack:]

:rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
1/8/2010, 10:55 AM
And if Sammy hadnt been hurt the same way the whorns wouldnt have been in Pasadena. texcuses!!!!!

TopDawg
1/8/2010, 10:55 AM
Well, we'll never know how close it would or would not have been with Colt.

But one thing I think we can say pretty confidently is that if Mack "Take a Knee" Brown had taken a knee before half, it would've been closer.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2010, 11:20 AM
I cant imagine Bob saying something like that

Breadburner
1/8/2010, 11:23 AM
If Mack would have had a dick he would have been grandpa......

KantoSooner
1/8/2010, 11:27 AM
Well, I'll say this: Jordan Shipley is money.
And I'll say something else: Jordan Shipley caught dam near every ball thrown his way.....and their other receivers dropped everything thrown to them. Including balls thrown right into their lil punkin hands, on their numbers, by the new guy.
So, I'm not sure Colt could have made his receivers catch the ball, Shipley couldn't have gotten too many more looks and they still wouldn't have had a running game of their own or an answer for Bama's.
So, I gotta wonder, what was the Mackster smokin' on?

SanJoaquinSooner
1/8/2010, 11:35 AM
Well, back in the day, when a quarterback's arm went numb, he used the other one.

OUthunder
1/8/2010, 11:40 AM
The Texcusues are flowing like fine wine this morning. I also love how all of the Texass fans are crying about how Saban ran up the score by scoring that late TD. Guess what texass...you've been doing this to other teams all year. If you have a problem with it, then stop the other team.

Bama wins the game with or without Colt in there. Bama played moronic in the 1st quarter then destroyed you in the 2nd quarter. In the 2nd half they went all conservative and let you back in the game. Bama ran the ball at will on your D so deal with it.

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 11:48 AM
I also love how all of the Texass fans are crying about how Saban ran up the score by scoring that late TD.

fugg em....don't like it, stop em.

kelloggOUballa
1/8/2010, 11:56 AM
I must have read that differently, but to me, it looks like Mack was asked, "What would the difference have been with Colt in?" and Mack looks like he responded "It wouldn't even have been close". Not sure he was talking about the game itself. Either way, he deserves everything that he got after his whining last year! Colt, on the other hand, didn't deserve any of this.

XingTheRubicon
1/8/2010, 11:58 AM
Congrats, Mack. You've officially become an aggie.

Here's a to do list:

1. Buy a 16-13 Yeah Baby t-shirt

2. chew your cud

3. Keep referring to every statistic imaginable sans winning and losing.

4. keep a marble statue of the word "if" in your office.

5. basically just be yourself, you complete p*ssy.

47straight
1/8/2010, 11:59 AM
Texas fans here are claiming that sounds totally out of character for Mack, and he meant to say that the nature of the game wouldn't have been the same.

Um, no. It's perfectly within character for Mack.

OUthunder
1/8/2010, 12:00 PM
Congrats, Mack. You've officially become an aggie.

Here's a to do list:

1. Buy a 16-13 Yeah Baby t-shirt

2. chew your cud

3. Keep referring to every statistic imaginable sans winning and losing.

4. keep a marble statue of the word "if" in your office.

5. basically just be yourself, you complete p*ssy.

I think he has #2 covered.

StoopTroup
1/8/2010, 12:02 PM
Don't even stop with saying Sam either. Add Gresham and everyone else we lost. We had a great Team that showed just how great they could have been by Seasons end.

mack brown is an idiot. They should give him another raise next week.

badger
1/8/2010, 12:15 PM
In case nobody else has done this yet:
http://i46.tinypic.com/9rkto7.jpg
You can make your own here. (http://www.addletters.com/Godzillatron-football-sign-generator.htm)

JLEW1818
1/8/2010, 12:15 PM
hahahahahahahaha

fadada1
1/8/2010, 12:46 PM
But one thing I think we can say pretty confidently is that if Mack "Take a Knee" Brown had taken a knee before half, it would've been closer.

NO, NO, NO!!!

wait, i mean yes.

mack = moron

cvsooner
1/8/2010, 12:49 PM
Well, I'll say this: Jordan Shipley is money.
And I'll say something else: Jordan Shipley caught dam near every ball thrown his way.....and their other receivers dropped everything thrown to them. Including balls thrown right into their lil punkin hands, on their numbers, by the new guy.
So, I'm not sure Colt could have made his receivers catch the ball, Shipley couldn't have gotten too many more looks and they still wouldn't have had a running game of their own or an answer for Bama's.

I'm glad Shipley is gone.

Let's see...one really good receiver who seems to catch everything. The rest, not so much. In fact, regularly drops passes. Thrown by the new guy.

We are talking about the Sooners, right?

goingoneight
1/8/2010, 12:55 PM
Well, don't forget that the reason the Sooners do that is because this time last year, some of them were walking on. :O

CrimsonJim
1/8/2010, 01:02 PM
In case nobody else has done this yet:
http://i46.tinypic.com/9rkto7.jpg
You can make your own here. (http://www.addletters.com/Godzillatron-football-sign-generator.htm)

Sorry, I just had to tweak it a little for accuracy's sake. :)

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae190/jimsedwards/2009SexatNatlChumps.jpg

And yes, the spelling is correct. ;)

Stitch Face
1/8/2010, 01:05 PM
They'd played with the heart of a chumpion...

Piware
1/8/2010, 02:05 PM
Mack said in an "unguarded" conversation that if McCoy was in "It wouldn't even have been close" per CBS Sportsline's Dennis Dodd.

I say ditto for this year's RRR then.

Check it out here
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/12756698/title-game-loses-luster-with-early-injury-to-mccoy

Duh! If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. They only way Texa$$ would have won was to lock Ingram in an electrical closet.

Boomer Mooner
1/8/2010, 02:21 PM
Typically Mack Daddy and Texans and ESPN Aholes still think he's classy. Mack put the A$$ in classy.

Sooner98
1/8/2010, 02:23 PM
I didn't want this little gem from Colt to go unnoticed:

"To win 13 games ... and then to come here and it be taken away from you, I don't understand I guess," McCoy said. "I am truly disappointed because I would have made a huge difference tonight. We were about to dominate the game."

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 02:30 PM

typical arrogance by a TEXAN. no matter what, they were always fixin to do something.

TUSooner
1/8/2010, 02:40 PM
Well, back in the day, when a quarterback's arm went numb, he used the other one.

That just makes me laugh every time I read it. :D :D :D

bri
1/8/2010, 02:49 PM

Let me answer that for Mack: C*ck.

BillyBall
1/8/2010, 03:06 PM
He can't help himself, he annually makes an *** of himself.

StoopTroup
1/8/2010, 03:13 PM
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1255/godzillatronfootballsigh.jpg

cvsooner
1/8/2010, 03:30 PM

We were about to dominate the game.

Nebraska dominated the Big 12 championship game on Dec. 5, 2009. Just sayin'...

soonerbrat
1/8/2010, 03:33 PM
would colt have been playing on defense too? or on the O-line? whatever.

LesNessman
1/8/2010, 03:44 PM
would colt have been playing on defense too? or on the O-line? whatever.

Just tackling the DBs who picked him off.

Jello Biafra
1/8/2010, 03:52 PM
Just tackling the DBs who picked him off.

yeh, judging on how well gilbert tackled arguably the slowest dude on the field last night, we shouldt have any of that pesky "game saving tackling" going on in the 2010 RRS.

man, imagine that, colt misses that tackle, they dont even play last night. a more qualified team plays instead of an embarrassing loss by the big XII.

TopDawg
1/8/2010, 04:11 PM
a more qualified team plays instead of an embarrassing loss by the big XII.

Cincinnati? Maybe they would've been more inspired (and still had Kelly) if it would've been the title game, but based on their performance against Florida...blech.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying Cinci wouldn't have been more qualified... :)

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 06:49 PM
At least mack and colt are on the same page with the fans. Excuses, whining, and what if horseshat.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/8/2010, 08:30 PM
Texas fans here are claiming that sounds totally out of character for Mack, and he meant to say that the nature of the game wouldn't have been the same.

Um, no. It's perfectly within character for Mack.Those that don't realize Mack is a pissy-whiner haven't listened to him very closely.

Veritas
1/8/2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah, and if I had wheels and an engine I'd be a 4x4. Lame texcuses.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/8/2010, 08:35 PM
"To win 13 games ... and then to come here and it be taken away from you, I don't understand I guess," McCoy said. "I am truly disappointed because I would have made a huge difference tonight. We were about to dominate the game." -the Coltster

Wow, did someone post this quote in the thread where everyone gave him such accolades? I guess the praise was premature, like the worns' NC celebration.

wishbonesooner
1/8/2010, 09:05 PM
How incredibly stupid was that timeout? That ranks right up there with Pat Jone's bonehead call.

SoonerMom2
1/8/2010, 10:27 PM
We were about to dominate the game.

Nebraska dominated the Big 12 championship game on Dec. 5, 2009. Just sayin'...

Sure Texas was about to dominate the game (sarcasm) -- that's why they settled for a field goal instead of a touchdown under the leadership of McCoy after the failed fake punt. Some domination -- couldn't score a touchdown.

The lovefest for McCoy on here has gotten sickening at times and now he comes out they were about to dominate. Guess we could say we would have beat Texas if their defensive player hadn't driven Sam into the turf and reinjured his shoulder. Makes as much sense probably more sense.

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2010, 10:39 PM
The lovefest for McCoy on here has gotten sickening at times...

Thank you.

It was so bad (how bad was it?), the use of the word "classy" made this forum look like Hornfans (but only when they talk about their own players and coaches).

Crucifax Autumn
1/8/2010, 11:03 PM
Would you rather have had hundreds of people cheering an injury like they do?

A Sooner in Texas
1/8/2010, 11:08 PM
Nobody's having a Colt lovefest here. It's not so much love as it is respect for a good player and normally pretty decent all-around guy...who, by the way, is friends with Sam.
To say nasty things about Colt because whorns showed their true selves when Sam got hurt only puts us on their level.

And I said it all without the word Liz apparently hates to see here.

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2010, 11:23 PM

No.

SoonerMom2
1/9/2010, 12:07 AM

There is a difference between cheering an injury which I would never do and making McCoy sound like he is Mr. Class all the way.

McCoy thinks if he would have been in the game, Texas would have won the game which is why I said something about settling for a field goal instead of a touchdown when McCoy was in the game. Some dominance!

After his statement if he would have been in the game ... -- class doesn't exactly fit IMHO.

Leroy Lizard
1/9/2010, 12:51 AM
We should asterisk the "class" word.

Dio
1/9/2010, 12:54 AM
"If coach would've put me in in the fourth quarter, we'da won state!"

OU_Sooners75
1/9/2010, 01:00 AM
I doubt McCoy would have scored fewer points that Gilbert...

And I doubt they would have score much more either.

Bama's defense was dialed in for the game...except for 2 plays.

BetterSoonerThanLater
1/9/2010, 01:06 AM
hand goes numb, use the other one.

fixed :)

Jacie
1/9/2010, 01:46 PM
The Texcusues are flowing like fine wine this morning. I also love how all of the Texass fans are crying about how Saban ran up the score by scoring that late TD. Guess what texass...you've been doing this to other teams all year.

I guess I don't understand the complaint.

sa*et margin of victory in 2009 games:
39 over la-Monroe
31 over Wyoming
10 over Tech
57 over UTEP
24 over Colorado
3 over OU
34 over Missouri
27 over aggie
32 over UCF
33 over Baylor
31 over Kansas
10 over A&M
1 over nebbish

Seven games with a victory margin > 30 points, two more > 20 points and four close games decided by 10 points or less.

Their argument, then, is that Bama should have been satisfied winning by 10 instead of 16. However, a 10-point game can change on a single play. A team scores, gets the ball back and takes the lead in just a few seconds of game clock. It happens a lot in football.

sa*et fans = crybabies

OKC-SLC
1/9/2010, 02:56 PM
"They say when you injure a nerve like this as a quarterback, there's no direction in [your] balls," said McCoy

heh.