PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Leavitt at USF is out now...

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2010, 10:08 AM
Another player-coach dispute getting a coach run out of town.

Allegation that he grabbed a player by the throat and slapped him twice.

No word if the player asked him "What up?"

Frozen Sooner
1/8/2010, 10:09 AM
Even weirder-the player denies ever being struck or grabbed by the throat.

badger
1/8/2010, 10:10 AM
Link (http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-01-08/south-florida-reportedly-fires-jim-leavitt)

This is interesting, because the family and player reportedly backed off the allegations after they received so much attention.

Poor Leavitt. Another program builder bites the dust.

soonerloyal
1/8/2010, 10:23 AM
The difference for me is that I actually feel badly for USF's program and wish them well. Tech's, not at all.

rawlingsHOH
1/8/2010, 10:25 AM
This is crazy that all THREE guys coached with Stoops.

TUSooner
1/8/2010, 10:27 AM
I hear the professor of African-American Feminist and Trans-Gender Studies is in line for the job. She's the only one deemed likely not to offend the players' psyches (though their intelligence would be in dire peril).

Sooner in Tampa
1/8/2010, 10:29 AM
This will set USF back a couple of years...it's a shame too...they were just starting to make progress with recruiting big time kids in Tampa and Miami

soonerloyal
1/8/2010, 10:29 AM
Oh, jeez.

SoonerInTenn
1/8/2010, 10:32 AM
This is crazy that all THREE guys coached with Stoops.

Even though Leach isn't part of this tree, there is another interesting tie-in...Bill Snyder.

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2010, 12:43 PM
So is Bill Snyder the "Mr. Big" of player abuse?

Just kidding.

Scott D
1/8/2010, 01:31 PM
They were saying earlier that Leavitt wasn't fired for the alleged act, but the allegations that he was ordering both the coaches and players to lie about the incident to cover it up.

badger
1/8/2010, 01:40 PM
[SIZE="3"]I hear the professor of African-American Feminist and Trans-Gender Studies is in line for the job.

The funny part is that usually professors of these subjects are just as prone to saying politically incorrect things as the rest of us... they just get 100 times more upset when they get called on it.

TUSooner
1/8/2010, 01:57 PM
The funny part is that usually professors of these subjects are just as prone to saying politically incorrect things as the rest of us... they just get 100 times more upset when they get called on it.

Hah! Indeed. Like my supposedly Marxist professor friend who is always looking for tax breaks and good investments! :D :D :D

Leroy Lizard
1/8/2010, 01:58 PM

Because their reputation is built on notoriety.